i got a hook up at a 3rd party store.. i got one on hold for me
    09-01-10 04:34 PM
    I just called customer service just to see if i can upgrade to the torch when it comes out.. and looks like I might not even be able to upgrade until december because of that new rule about having to wait 2 years to upgrade a smartphone... the lady i talked to was super nice, and she told me to wait till the 24th and call again, just because I'm 3 months away from the date I can upgrade, and that my account history is really good.. I told her I've been having many problems with my bold and that i'm un happy about it, and she told me to mention that when I call and hopefully they will pick my side and let me upgrade, she told me not to go to a rogers store because since i'm 3 months away from being able to upgrade they won't be able to do anything and will tell me I have to pay the full price, which she doesn't know yet but thinks it will be around $600..

I don't know if this is making sense.. but point of this is I won't have a new phone on sept 24th, and i will have to call customer service and just hope i get a nice peson and they will let me upgrade through them. ugh

IF you don't get a friendly person ask the following questions

What is the Cheapest plan you can transfer on to your phone?
    What is the Early Termination Fee for your contract?
    and the difference in Cost between Full Retail and 3 year plan on Rogers/Bell/Telus.

IF the Rep is not willing to play ball and offer you the early upgrade by 3 months, when they offered it for the iPhone, you need to ask why they were offering it for the iPhone. and then ask if they have a Customer retention department and transfer you over to them. This of course is only if the person is a real pr*ck I've had to do this in the past when wanting an early upgrade due to a faulty phone, and it has worked. as a rule you need to ask the right questions, sound confident but not angry, and politely ask to speak to supervisors if you are not getting your own way
    You want to give them money, they are a business about taking money, you just have to sell them the idea that they want your money right now.
    09-01-10 04:57 PM
    I just called customer service just to see if i can upgrade to the torch when it comes out.. and looks like I might not even be able to upgrade until december because of that new rule about having to wait 2 years to upgrade a smartphone... the lady i talked to was super nice, and she told me to wait till the 24th and call again, just because I'm 3 months away from the date I can upgrade, and that my account history is really good.. I told her I've been having many problems with my bold and that i'm un happy about it, and she told me to mention that when I call and hopefully they will pick my side and let me upgrade, she told me not to go to a rogers store because since i'm 3 months away from being able to upgrade they won't be able to do anything and will tell me I have to pay the full price, which she doesn't know yet but thinks it will be around $600..

I don't know if this is making sense.. but point of this is I won't have a new phone on sept 24th, and i will have to call customer service and just hope i get a nice peson and they will let me upgrade through them. ugh
    Ditto to everything you wrote my friend! Are you my twin? LOL! You got the same phone as me at the same time as me in 2008. The only difference is that MY Rogers store is going to be calling retentions for me and negotiate the early upgrade, since we're almost there and I've been a customer for 9 years. Also going to re-negotiate our couples plan since we have a lot of unused data MB, because we're on wi-fi most of the time! They are going to try to get me a phone from the store, but depending on what retentions say, like you, they might have to ship it to me from HQ.
    09-01-10 05:04 PM
    Ditto to everything you wrote my friend! Are you my twin? LOL! You got the same phone as me at the same time as me in 2008. The only difference is that MY Rogers store is going to be calling retentions for me and negotiate the early upgrade, since we're almost there and I've been a customer for 9 years. Also going to re-negotiate our couples plan since we have a lot of unused data MB, because we're on wi-fi most of the time! They are going to try to get me a phone from the store, but depending on what retentions say, like you, they might have to ship it to me from HQ.
    Haha, thanks for the tips!!! I will try it all because I want this phone and if they make me wait 3 months then that's gay, they would be getting money from me. Dumb rogers

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-01-10 05:20 PM
    Exactly! Sometimes I wonder what planet they're living on when customers like us have to update them on the latest news on their own company!
    09-01-10 06:05 PM
    So I just came home from Vaughan Mills (Huge mall in Toronto) not even 30 min ago. There 2 Rogers stores in the mall and one kiosk. At one of the stores the guy said there is no release date yet and there no waiting list. I LOL'd at his dumb ***. Then I went to the kiosk and the guy said that I had to call in to reserve a Torch. Then lastly I went to the 2nd store and they had an piece of paper with a list on it and let me sign up. How could all 3 Rogers places IN THE SAME MALL not know what's going on with each other...
    09-01-10 08:14 PM
    So I just came home from Vaughan Mills (Huge mall in Toronto) not even 30 min ago. There 2 Rogers stores in the mall and one kiosk. At one of the stores the guy said there is no release date yet and there no waiting list. I LOL'd at his dumb ***. Then I went to the kiosk and the guy said that I had to call in to reserve a Torch. Then lastly I went to the 2nd store and they had an piece of paper with a list on it and let me sign up. How could all 3 Rogers places IN THE SAME MALL not know what's going on with each other...
    If they are retail Stores chances are the staff are not highly motivated, and are basically retail jocky's they are not reading company memo's and possibly don't actually have internal email addresses to receive the memo's directly

if you go to an associate corporate store you can learn far more, I learned about Rogers expanding markets, from an associate corporate store, when Rogers Customer Service was telling me there were no plans to expand in the area I wanted coverage in, now next month that area should have coverage.

And Vaughan is definitely a retail consumer centre, bet ya they would have had tones of info on the iPhone 4 for ya.
    09-01-10 08:55 PM
    now we just wait to find out what the full price will be.. im at the beginning of a 3 year contact.. i wonder if paying the cancellation fee and buying the phone on a 3 year contact with rogers or telus would come out cheaper than buying it outright.
    09-02-10 01:04 AM
    I just couldn't wait and had to get a blackberry
    Just picked up a 9700 about 3 hours ago and absolutely love it

Still taking to to get used to though!

09-02-10 02:35 AM
    now we just wait to find out what the full price will be.. im at the beginning of a 3 year contact.. i wonder if paying the cancellation fee and buying the phone on a 3 year contact with rogers or telus would come out cheaper than buying it outright.

your ETA with Rogers will probably be around 600 bucks if your contract is less than 1 year old, as you'll max out the ETA fee's of 400 for voice, and 200 for data.

it will be cheaper to buy it outright as ETA + 3 year term price = $800,
    Chances are this phone will be $649 +/- $50
    09-02-10 06:06 AM
    your ETA with Rogers will probably be around 600 bucks if your contract is less than 1 year old, as you'll max out the ETA fee's of 400 for voice, and 200 for data.

Yikes!! Guess ill be buying it outright. Ill just throw my 9700 up on kijiji its in mint condition.
    Can't wait for the torch!

09-02-10 06:33 AM
    I'm exactly half way through my 3 year contract. Will I be eligible for the $199 upgrade?
    09-02-10 08:10 AM
    I'm exactly half way through my 3 year contract. Will I be eligible for the $199 upgrade?
    I would bet NO.
    But there are a LOT of factors to consider,
    How good you are at talking
    How long you have been a Customer
    Total monthly value of your business
    Popularity of the phone in the first week.
    09-02-10 08:14 AM
    nope, you have to have your plan for 2 years... This is where i'm stuck, I'm 3 months away from my 2 yr mark with a bb, and they wont let me
    09-02-10 08:15 AM
    they better have enough stock! i think waiting lists are stupid! it should be first come first served!

and Rogers better not fail with supply cause even with the iphone 4 each rogers store only got like 8-10 units!

if it was anything like the 9700 each store got like 2-4!

so here's to hoping Rogers will have enough!
    09-02-10 08:40 AM
    vancouver.....HOME OF THE NEXT STANLEY CUP CHAMPS!!! lol
    Hahaha Unless they void Looooooooooooo's contract.......which they may do today.
    09-02-10 10:06 AM
    Hahaha Unless they void Looooooooooooo's contract.......which they may do today.
    well they better not........but they should void bettman's contract instead. LOL
    09-02-10 04:42 PM
    I just went to the rogers store and they told me it will be out on the 15th. I'm going to confirm with few other stores here.
    09-02-10 07:06 PM
    How can that be when it's Sept 24th on the Rogers 'Redboard' ?
    09-02-10 07:10 PM
    Just phoned 5 more places and all of them are morons. I got October sometime, don't know, December and so on.
    09-02-10 07:22 PM
    The waiting game has begun now that Rogers has announced they'll have the blackberry torch in a few months. But I suggest just buying the phone without a contract from some other place because a three year contract is way to long.
    09-02-10 08:29 PM
    The waiting game has begun now that Rogers has announced they'll have the blackberry torch in a few months. But I suggest just buying the phone without a contract from some other place because a three year contract is way to long.
    Uh....Rogers already announced that the release date is Sept 24th.

And on a related note, I don't understand what's the big deal with being on a contract. Maybe because I don't have any committment issues - =P - but I figure if I'm gonna be using a phone for the next 2-3 years, who cares if I'm on a contract or not. I might as well be on a contract, get the benefits of lower priced handsets and have the option of upgrading every year or two. That's right I said 1 (one) year to 2 (two) years.

AML around where I live has started a program where you can pay $100 extra when activating/renewing your contract to be able to upgrade in 1 (one) year vs. waiting for 2 (two).

I think 1-2 years is perfect for staying with current models and having a new toy sooner.
    09-02-10 08:44 PM
    well they better not........but they should void bettman's contract instead. LOL
    Hahaha Don't even get me started on Buttman. What a joke he is.
    09-02-10 10:38 PM
    22 more daaayysss<333
    09-02-10 11:38 PM

Rogers data cancellation fees are $5/month for each remaining month, minimum $25 and maximum $100, not $200.
    09-02-10 11:42 PM
1,267 ... 1920212223 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD