I bought my torch on the 14th in buffalo for 599=6% tax after conversion if its still less than full price with rogers ill keep it if not ill return it and pick up a rogers one on the 24th lol
    09-01-10 11:33 AM
    ok now im gonna cry waiting till the end of the month lol
    lol.. I know how you feel. At least your carrier gave you a date
    09-01-10 11:35 AM
    just called a local store near my house to b out on the waiting list....#12...
    wooo
    09-01-10 11:45 AM
    just called a local store near my house to b out on the waiting list....#12...
    wooo
    Wow.. 11 people called already?? That's pretty cool. Where abouts do you live?
    09-01-10 11:46 AM
    Wow.. 11 people called already?? That's pretty cool. Where abouts do you live?
    vancouver.....HOME OF THE NEXT STANLEY CUP CHAMPS!!! lol
    09-01-10 11:48 AM
    Hahaha thatta boy.. Sure as sh it wont be the leafs..
    09-01-10 11:50 AM
    Hahaha thatta boy.. Sure as sh it wont be the leafs..
    Ya the leafs have already TORCHED any chances they had. (just staying on topic.)
    09-01-10 12:49 PM
    vancouver.....HOME OF THE NEXT STANLEY CUP CHAMPS!!! lol
    We better be the nxt stanley cup champs!

Especially after changing GM Place to....ROGERS ARENA aka THE CALL CENTRE....LOL
    09-01-10 12:51 PM
    my rogers store still doesn't know about the torch haha
    09-01-10 01:18 PM
    LOL, oh god
    you should call them again and read out the webpage url to them...haha
    09-01-10 01:32 PM
    Wow. Nice work from the product development crew. Yesterday I was on the phone with a Telus tech - I asked if he had any idea about the Torch release date, he responded "We're not getting that device because it's ATT exclusive" I responded "It's on your website" and he responded "It must be a typo" ... FML. I have no idea how it's possible for people to work for a major mobile carrier and be that ignorant.
    09-01-10 01:58 PM
    LOL, oh god
    you should call them again and read out the webpage url to them...haha
    haha I mentioned its official all over the websites and she went quiet for a second. Dummies
    09-01-10 02:20 PM
    Rogers employees are all messed up in the brain. Thats why I dont even bother talking with them.
    09-01-10 02:38 PM
    We better be the nxt stanley cup champs!

Especially after changing GM Place to....ROGERS ARENA aka THE CALL CENTRE....LOL
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

well i can speak 4 most of us when i say now we have 2 things 2 look forward to...the torch comes out and then the NHL regular season begins....

and every1 start calling ur local stores.....i called one store and was put on a waiting list, i called another location just to check if i could be put on a shorter list and they guy said we dont have a date on it....so try differnt stores ppl....
    09-01-10 02:51 PM
    Haha well I have 4 things to look forward too. Eminem this friday, NHL11 on tuesday, Torch on the 24th, and to put my Leafs season tickets to use when the NHL season starts! Can't wait!

Also, I called a rogers store and they said there is no waiting list haha! All they said was I'd have to come early to get a spot in line?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-01-10 02:54 PM
    for the stores that don't have waiting lists.. nice, but what about those of us who work that day and can't take it off.... would they put one aside so lets say at lunch we could run out and get it?.. Thats what I'm hoping for haha
    09-01-10 02:57 PM
    To be honest, I don't think we're going to have stocking problems. There's Rogers stores every 10kms.
    09-01-10 03:00 PM
    for the stores that don't have waiting lists.. nice, but what about those of us who work that day and can't take it off.... would they put one aside so lets say at lunch we could run out and get it?.. Thats what I'm hoping for haha
    4 ur sake i hope so....try callin the store on the morning of the 24th and ask if u cud come in @ lunch
    09-01-10 03:02 PM
    To be honest, I don't think we're going to have stocking problems. There's Rogers stores every 10kms.
    what bout the ip4? ....ppl went nuts over that....n still are....
    09-01-10 03:03 PM
    4 ur sake i hope so....try callin the store on the morning of the 24th and ask if u cud come in @ lunch
    would be nice, since i'm like 10 minutes away from a rogers store
    09-01-10 03:05 PM
    I just called customer service just to see if i can upgrade to the torch when it comes out.. and looks like I might not even be able to upgrade until december because of that new rule about having to wait 2 years to upgrade a smartphone... the lady i talked to was super nice, and she told me to wait till the 24th and call again, just because I'm 3 months away from the date I can upgrade, and that my account history is really good.. I told her I've been having many problems with my bold and that i'm un happy about it, and she told me to mention that when I call and hopefully they will pick my side and let me upgrade, she told me not to go to a rogers store because since i'm 3 months away from being able to upgrade they won't be able to do anything and will tell me I have to pay the full price, which she doesn't know yet but thinks it will be around $600..

I don't know if this is making sense.. but point of this is I won't have a new phone on sept 24th, and i will have to call customer service and just hope i get a nice peson and they will let me upgrade through them. ugh
    09-01-10 03:24 PM
    iphone 4 had a huge reception (no play on words intended) since it's a very sensational product. arguably as mainstream pop culture as the ipod. (haunting memories of working retail and having to answer questions like, "whats the difference between an ipod and an mp3 player?" but i digress)

torch will be popular at launch, but i cant see hordes of people lining up, unless outside say a major store in a populated city i.e. vancouver, toronto

for me in wee little guelph, i think ill be safe running over to the mall after my morning class to pick one up.

even if theres under 10 in the store on launch day, i think i still have some nice odds of picking one up. friday is still a work day for many.
    09-01-10 03:29 PM
    I went into Rogers today here in Saskatoon, SK after seeing the release date posted on this forum.

The guy at Rogers told me he could not confirm any dates other than the company line, "Rogers will be getting the phone", however. I took that opportunity to open the Rogers.com website on the demo iphone4 present and showed him; he really had no clue. What a meat head. There must be a REAL disconnect between what HQ knows and what information is shared with their local offices. Brutal.
    09-01-10 03:34 PM
    Lol.. I don't think you can compare the two device launches..
    09-01-10 03:43 PM
    i will be skipping class to see if there will be a line up at my closest rogers store

i'm in Vancouver....there's like 6 rogers stores within 5km from me...haha
    09-01-10 04:24 PM
1,267 ... 1819202122 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD