Sometimes I could choke those ***** that work at Rogers.

I just got off the phone with one of them (after 20 minutes of hold) and at first he said I was fully elligible for the iPhone upgrade and pricing (not a mistake in the system - it's legit). Then he told me that for my account they have special promotional pricing for the 9700 should I upgrade to that.

This is where it all goes to ****.

I told him I was just looking for HUP information and I'm gonna wait for the Torch. He said that because of AT&T's exclusivity, Rogers won't be getting the phone for 2-3 years - just like when the first gen iPhone launched. And even if I wanted to upgrade I would have to wait until Nov. (even though right before he said that, he said that I was fully elligible to upgrade NOW to an iPhone or 9700).

That whole company is run by a bunch of morons. I don't know how many different answers I got from the reps when ask about the Torch. I've lost count because all of them seem to spew utter bs.

Either way, there you go.
    Quite laughable really. They are making themselves look quite inept.

If you let it get to you at this point, you're just wasting your energy. Laugh it off, smile with the knowledge that you know better. Rogers has confirmed it's coming in a matter of "weeks". As have Bell and Telus. The CS reps don't have a clue what they're talking about and they aren't given the training that the other reps are, at least not this early in the game.
    08-28-10 10:12 AM
    Thanks Machzy and cestlavie77 - in other words, the mystery continues and we'll all have to play it by ear!!
    08-28-10 11:40 AM
    Thanks Machzy and cestlavie77 - in other words, the mystery continues and we'll all have to play it by ear!!
    I think you mean play it by year :P

Anyways damn Rogers! I hate them so much. Out of all CS reps Rogers has by far the worst CS. Telus IMO is amazing.
    08-28-10 11:43 AM
    I think you mean play it by year :P

Anyways damn Rogers! I hate them so much. Out of all CS reps Rogers has by far the worst CS. Telus IMO is amazing.
    Take it from some one who's been with Telus for 15 years, there's idiots no matter where you go
    08-28-10 11:57 AM
    Take it from some one who's been with Telus for 15 years, there's idiots no matter where you go
    Ditto. That's so true, but Telus does have the best of the Canadian carriers.
    08-28-10 12:11 PM
    i say we all just do one big group buy from the states and screw rogers out of some sales lol
    08-28-10 02:47 PM
    i say we all just do one big group buy from the states and screw rogers out of some sales lol
    Don't know about you but id rather save the 400$ and wait the two weeks :P
    Plus Canadians might get a good batch so we wont have no problems. Lets hope at least.
    08-28-10 02:51 PM
    Don't know about you but id rather save the 400$ and wait the two weeks :P
    Plus Canadians might get a good batch so we wont have no problems. Lets hope at least.
    *fingers crossed*

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-28-10 03:04 PM
    My daughter approves of the Torch, so it MUST be a good phone... hahahahaha
    08-28-10 03:08 PM
    My daughter approves of the Torch, so it MUST be a good phone... hahahahaha
    Your teasing us!
    08-28-10 03:09 PM
    Cute! Keep your eye on the phone when she's around LOL!
    08-28-10 03:30 PM
    ... then I will also have to have my upcoming Torch approved by my girls (5 months and 2 years)... :-) hopefully they will say go daddy go daddy
    08-28-10 03:33 PM
    Your teasing us!
    Would I do that??? *grin*
    08-28-10 03:51 PM
    ... then I will also have to have my upcoming Torch approved by my girls (5 months and 2 years)... :-) hopefully they will say go daddy go daddy
    Well technically at 5 months she can't say no............hahahahaha
    08-28-10 03:52 PM
    yeahhh got our posts on the front page haha. This Topic should be stickied!
    08-29-10 12:30 AM
    Don't know if anyone has seen this yet but heres the rumored pricing for the Torch on Telus. I wonder how much rogers will have it for?
    08-29-10 12:42 AM
    Don't know if anyone has seen this yet but heres the rumored pricing for the Torch on Telus. I wonder how much rogers will have it for?
    Am I reading that right, $299 on a 3-year?!
    08-29-10 12:43 AM
    Am I reading that right, $299 on a 3-year?!
    You are. I figured the price would be higher than the American one I just didnt expect it to be that much higher.
    08-29-10 12:45 AM
    You are. I figured the price would be higher than the American one I just didnt expect it to be that much higher.
    Good thing that's not confirmed - cuz I'd say that's a huge rip off if it was true.....and Rogers had the same pricing.
    08-29-10 12:46 AM
    if those are the telus prices, i would expect rogers and bell to be almost identical.

299 on a 3 year is a bit steep...thats iphone money there.
    08-29-10 12:46 AM
    Good thing that's not confirmed - cuz I'd say that's a huge rip off if it was true.....and Rogers had the same pricing.
    Yeah if thats the pricing I'm starting to have second thoughts.. thats way to much for a 3 year contract. Rogers better have it for 199$ or ill be disappointed.
    08-29-10 12:52 AM
    wait two weeks after it launches and it'll drop in price like third party retailers did, maybe.
    Last edited by Rikter; 08-29-10 at 03:16 AM. Reason: correct AT&T to third party
    08-29-10 01:55 AM
    wait two weeks after it launches and it'll drop in price like at&t did, maybe.
    AT&T, Amazon, etc. didn't drop the price by half blah blah blah

Search the forums, it's already been discussed, etc.
    08-29-10 01:57 AM
    fixed it up for you, Machzy
    08-29-10 03:17 AM
    So not only do us Canadians get ripped off with 3 yr contracts, that pricing is horrendous! ARGH!
    08-29-10 06:35 AM
1,267 ... 1314151617 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD