interesting, where did you get this screen shot from?
    Got that from HowardForums - Rogers section - a member put that up overthere, so just relaying the info here so all can enjoy
    08-27-10 03:55 PM
    FutureShop screen - look at street date at the bottom

i duno if this is a dumb question but why is the price $999.99?
    08-27-10 03:56 PM
    Maybe just so they can't sell it before the release date

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-27-10 04:00 PM
    Maybe just so they can't sell it before the release date

ya that's what I was thinking.
    08-27-10 04:31 PM
    I'm sure there would be some crazy people who would pay 999.99

08-27-10 05:00 PM
    Like I said on another thread here - it seems pretty emphatic to me - if you go by that picture!
    08-27-10 05:18 PM
    For me
    pictures are sometimes better than reading texts saying my insider friend told me the 9800 would be release this date...
    08-27-10 05:28 PM
    I'm sure there would be some crazy people who would pay 999.99

I'm pretty sure thats what there going for on eBay. Like us Canadian's, Europeans can't just make a drive across the border to pick up a torch.
    08-27-10 05:37 PM
    Like I said on another thread here - it seems pretty emphatic to me - if you go by that picture!
    seriously, it's like the 2 of you are having the same conversation in 2 threads for some reason.

saw that on hofo, but was beat to the punch on posting it. but who knows, photoshop can do wonders too.
    08-27-10 08:44 PM
    seriously, it's like the 2 of you are having the same conversation in 2 threads for some reason.

saw that on hofo, but was beat to the punch on posting it. but who knows, photoshop can do wonders too.
    It's not photoshopped. I pin'd my buddy the SKU and he ran it on his system at futureshop. Its there.
    08-27-10 08:45 PM
    I believe you ek9....and the reason why we're probably having the same conversation on 2 threads Shawn, is that we're subscribed and desperately monitoring anything that might look like a Torch on the horizon - LOL!!
    08-27-10 08:58 PM
    Bell Canada - The BlackBerry Torch

Interesting...

Regarding that 999.99 price, we got 5 at our store last week. Sold all five within twenty minutes of opening for 875 a piece. They were AT&T Torchs which we unlocked and people were lined up to pick them up for 875 a piece which is crazy. We got some more now and we had another two go today for that price. Buffalos charging 600 a piece because they know us Canadians want to go down there and pick one up. Everywhere else in the states, its 500 a piece without contract. I just can't wait until they come out on Rogers so I can do my hardware upgrade.
    08-27-10 11:15 PM
    Me too - I think I'm eligible in December. I wonder if I ask them nicely whether I'll be able to do it sooner.......
    08-27-10 11:28 PM
    Me too - I think I'm eligible in December. I wonder if I ask them nicely whether I'll be able to do it sooner.......
    My upgrade isn't eligible until Nov - but when the i4 launched, Rogers gave me a deal to upgrade to that at the same price as a new customer.

I'm hoping they give me the same deal with the Torch, if not, I'll just talk to them and tell them I'd rather have a BB than an iPhone.
    08-27-10 11:37 PM
    My upgrade isn't eligible until Nov - but when the i4 launched, Rogers gave me a deal to upgrade to that at the same price as a new customer.

I'm hoping they give me the same deal with the Torch, if not, I'll just talk to them and tell them I'd rather have a BB than an iPhone.
    Did you just call them - and what price was it as a new customer?
    08-27-10 11:51 PM
    Did you just call them - and what price was it as a new customer?
    Nah, I logged into My Rogers account online and there was a huge banner at the top saying that I might be elligible, I clicked on it, answered a few questions and at the end I was elligible for iPhone 4 (16GB) for $159 (for 3 year contract renewal).
    08-27-10 11:54 PM
    Of course the Torch will have to be released for that to happen - if at all. Wonder if they'll have pre-orders?
    08-28-10 12:03 AM
    Nah, I logged into My Rogers account online and there was a huge banner at the top saying that I might be elligible, I clicked on it, answered a few questions and at the end I was elligible for iPhone 4 (16GB) for $159 (for 3 year contract renewal).
    That was a bug. It was telling almost everyone that they were elligible. If you did a HUP within the last 2 years.....you aren't.

It said the same thing for me and when I called Rogers to get one, they told me to basically stuff it. The online elligibility thing is broken.

08-28-10 12:04 AM
    Well I got my Bold 9k in Dec 2008, so I guess I'll have to wait a few months....
    08-28-10 12:08 AM
    That was a bug. It was telling almost everyone that they were elligible. If you did a HUP within the last 2 years.....you aren't.

It said the same thing for me and when I called Rogers to get one, they told me to basically stuff it. The online elligibility thing is broken.

Well I just logged in again and checked and the banner (and offer) are still there.

I'll give them a call tomorrow to double-check and post whatever I find here.
    08-28-10 12:28 AM
    Ya - just tried it myself - and I'm eligible for the i4.....keep us posted tomorrow...
    08-28-10 12:34 AM
    i wonder if they will gives us a release date on the weekend :P
    08-28-10 07:57 AM
    About the i4 eligibility thing through Rogers... wasn't there something about how that was a promotional thing that was somehow subsidized through Apple? I'm not positive, but I swear I remember something about that.

I bought my Bold 9000 in mid Nov '09. I've talked to the reps at Rogers numerous times (I always make sure it's a different rep so I don't look like I'm too overly enthusiastic about the Torch!) and each rep has looked up my account and assured me that I am eligible for a HUP (and I've been asking since since mid July). So after approx 20 mos of spending about $60/month on my cell bill I'm eligible to upgrade.

Hope that helps some of you out with a timeline.
    08-28-10 08:59 AM
    i wonder if they will gives us a release date on the weekend :P
    Please don't hold your breath... I'd hate to see you turn blue
    08-28-10 09:01 AM
    Ya - just tried it myself - and I'm eligible for the i4.....keep us posted tomorrow...
    Sometimes I could choke those ***** that work at Rogers.

I just got off the phone with one of them (after 20 minutes of hold) and at first he said I was fully elligible for the iPhone upgrade and pricing (not a mistake in the system - it's legit). Then he told me that for my account they have special promotional pricing for the 9700 should I upgrade to that.

This is where it all goes to ****.

I told him I was just looking for HUP information and I'm gonna wait for the Torch. He said that because of AT&T's exclusivity, Rogers won't be getting the phone for 2-3 years - just like when the first gen iPhone launched. And even if I wanted to upgrade I would have to wait until Nov. (even though right before he said that, he said that I was fully elligible to upgrade NOW to an iPhone or 9700).

That whole company is run by a bunch of morons. I don't know how many different answers I got from the reps when ask about the Torch. I've lost count because all of them seem to spew utter bs.

Either way, there you go.
    08-28-10 09:23 AM
1,267 ... 1213141516 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD