a guy i work with just got a new phone and rogers told him they will have it next tuesday... i want to believe it, but I don't yet.. but just thought id tell ya.. and this was in winnipeg
    08-26-10 02:30 PM
    a guy i work with just got a new phone and rogers told him they will have it next tuesday... i want to believe it, but I don't yet.. but just thought id tell ya.. and this was in winnipeg
    I want to belive you
    08-26-10 02:34 PM
    I want to belive you
    haha I want to believe me too!!!
    08-26-10 02:42 PM
    I keep checking the Rogers website and RedBoard for any new info. I find it a little strange though that the Rogers website doesn't have a "coming soon" for the Torch like they do for the Captivate. I wonder why that is?
    08-26-10 02:42 PM
    I keep checking the Rogers website and RedBoard for any new info. I find it a little strange though that the Rogers website doesn't have a "coming soon" for the Torch like they do for the Captivate. I wonder why that is?
    it's because they like to drive us all nuts!!
    08-26-10 02:45 PM
    homemade wallpaper currently on my laptop, so waiting for the Rogers Torch unit!

PS: Sorry big picture...

When i saw this, i got so excited because I thought roger's announced it! and then i read what you wrote and that made me sad.

But the pic looks legit!
    08-26-10 02:50 PM
    Like tuesday the 31st?
    08-26-10 02:53 PM
    Like tuesday the 31st?
    Yeah...just seems too soon, i don't know......
    08-26-10 02:56 PM
    I want to belive it.. I really do..
    08-26-10 02:58 PM
    Me too....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-10 02:59 PM
    me three and i was the one who told you this hahaha!!!!

I've just heard too many dates
    08-26-10 03:02 PM
    Me too....

I brother knows someone at wireless wave and he advised my brother that its coming out some day in september but didnt know an exact date.
    08-26-10 03:07 PM
    i was waiting, and waiting, and waiting... for rogers to announce some sort of date for this. then last weekend my buddy went down to oregon and picked up 2 torches tax free! i think i've developed astigmatism from reading all the reviews since it got released. but all i can is that it's a sweeeeeeet phone!!

just couldn't wait and be at the mercy of rogers all this time
    08-26-10 03:22 PM
    Hope you don't have any warranty issues.
    08-26-10 03:24 PM
    i was waiting, and waiting, and waiting... for rogers to announce some sort of date for this. then last weekend my buddy went down to oregon and picked up 2 torches tax free! i think i've developed astigmatism from reading all the reviews since it got released. but all i can is that it's a sweeeeeeet phone!!

Good to hear you're loving it! Congrats man..
    08-26-10 03:28 PM

I tried desperatly to buy one down in Boston but they were either sold out or they wouldnt sell to me without a contract
    08-26-10 03:29 PM
    I brother knows someone at wireless wave and he advised my brother that its coming out some day in september but didnt know an exact date.
    i've worked for 3rd party authorized retailers, and for corporate stores themselves. 3rd party retailers are given bare minimum details, and usually whats given to staff are annotated versions of press releases from the carriers. I would take what these people say with a grain of salt. Sometime in september seems like a plausible estimate, but i'm almost certain that this individual is just guessing (like many of us).

corporate retailers are given training on the devices a fair bit ahead of time, and no release date is usually published on the materials employees have access to. the reps are told release dates by management, who get it from their management and so on, and in my experience, was always flawed. And as you may expect with a "telephone game" like spread by word of mouth, details can change as they pass. Don't get me wrong, there was one instance where we were supposed to have a particular phone launch, but logistical complications pushed the release back by a week.

Long story short, we WILL know when the real release date is out, either by press release, or when these stores receive stock of the phones. THe odd case will have the phones delivered before an actual release date happens. So perosnally, Im looking for these details.

I think release dates are being kept under wraps because simply the carriers are still working it out: box art, supply, distribution, marketing, training. They provide extremely vague estimates at first ("in the coming weeks") as if they miss a specific launch date, people will be more upset than if they were to deliver as expected at a later date.

Although it's easy to gush with anticipation, I wouldnt go nuts until we get a screen cap of a launch date from one of the carriers, a press release, or suddenly stores get stock.
    just my 0.02
    08-26-10 03:31 PM
    i've worked for 3rd party authorized retailers, and for corporate stores themselves. 3rd party retailers are given bare minimum details, and usually whats given to staff are annotated versions of press releases from the carriers. I would take what these people say with a grain of salt. Sometime in september seems like a plausible estimate, but i'm almost certain that this individual is just guessing (like many of us).

corporate retailers are given training on the devices a fair bit ahead of time, and no release date is usually published on the materials employees have access to. the reps are told release dates by management, who get it from their management and so on, and in my experience, was always flawed. And as you may expect with a "telephone game" like spread by word of mouth, details can change as they pass. Don't get me wrong, there was one instance where we were supposed to have a particular phone launch, but logistical complications pushed the release back by a week.

Long story short, we WILL know when the real release date is out, either by press release, or when these stores receive stock of the phones. THe odd case will have the phones delivered before an actual release date happens. So perosnally, Im looking for these details.

I think release dates are being kept under wraps because simply the carriers are still working it out: box art, supply, distribution, marketing, training. They provide extremely vague estimates at first ("in the coming weeks") as if they miss a specific launch date, people will be more upset than if they were to deliver as expected at a later date.

Although it's easy to gush with anticipation, I wouldnt go nuts until we get a screen cap of a launch date from one of the carriers, a press release, or suddenly stores get stock.
    just my 0.02

valid points made
    08-26-10 03:35 PM

just my 0.02
    Everything you said is 100% correct.. Fact of the matter is this is where people come to share what they've heard, speculate and "gush" together... That won't stop..

So I heard from a friend that Telus is releasing Oct 6th.. Lol
    08-26-10 03:36 PM
    i hope you guys get to grab one sooner rather than later. i was really looking forward to the phone (i have a corporate plan so i have to buy the phone outright versus the hardware upgrade), but i was getting cold feet with all these negative reviews. best that i can say is that everybody's experience is different and so far i love the phone and am glad i replaced my 8900. the only thing i'm trying to figure out is how to save the battery life as that seems to be draining a little quick than i'd like. oh well, time to reading thru the various posts to fix this issue.

it's so sad... i used to have 20/20 vision... lol
    08-26-10 03:50 PM
    i hope you guys get to grab one sooner rather than later. i was really looking forward to the phone (i have a corporate plan so i have to buy the phone outright versus the hardware upgrade), but i was getting cold feet with all these negative reviews. best that i can say is that everybody's experience is different and so far i love the phone and am glad i replaced my 8900. the only thing i'm trying to figure out is how to save the battery life as that seems to be draining a little quick than i'd like. oh well, time to reading thru the various posts to fix this issue.

it's so sad... i used to have 20/20 vision... lol
    As much as I really (really) want the phone, I think I'll wait a couple/few weeks after launch before I get one.

With all these (crazy) things that are coming up from the forums of issues - it just gives me cold feet too (keys peeling off, tinny sound, wobble/wiggle, etc. etc.)

I'm trying to be an early adopter - but my picky side would just be absolutely pissed if I got the phone and there were issues with it.
    08-26-10 08:55 PM
    Good to hear you're loving it! Congrats man..
    I so agree with you about being at the mercy of Rogers. I am so tempted to go to the states and buy one as I so want the Torch. How did you buy them tax free? Anyway, if anyone knows when it is arriving in canada, I would love to know. Thanks

08-26-10 09:01 PM
    I was waiting and waiting for the Torch from Rogers but finally decided early last week I wanted it now. Sold my iPhone 3G and 1 month old Bold 9700 and bought the Torch. I paid only $40 extra out of my pocket for the Torch after all said and done

08-26-10 09:06 PM
    I was waiting and waiting for the Torch from Rogers but finally decided early last week I wanted it now. Sold my iPhone 3G and 1 month old Bold 9700 and bought the Torch. I paid only $40 extra out of my pocket for the Torch after all said and done

Didn't someone post that exsact same thing on the last page or the page before that?
    08-26-10 10:19 PM
    So telus and bell both having "coming soon" on their website.. wonder when rogers will
    08-27-10 08:17 AM
1,267 ... 1011121314 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD