October??? pfft. If it comes out in October, the Torch better be flawless with no problems whatsoever that some of our American counterparts are facing right now...
    08-20-10 03:25 PM
    Canadian Launch Party DJ for the Torch

Wristpect

Sept 20 - Blackberry Torch VIP Launch Event [Toronto]
    Sept 21 - Blackberry Torch VIP Launch Event [Toronto]
    Sept 22 - Blackberry Torch VIP Launch Event [Vancouver]
    Sept 23 - Blackberry Torch VIP Launch Event [Montreal]
    sorry, i totally missed this post somehow... lol, yeah, sounds like a late sept at the earliest.
    08-20-10 06:00 PM
    Canadian Launch Party DJ for the Torch

Wristpect

Sept 20 - Blackberry Torch VIP Launch Event [Toronto]
    Sept 21 - Blackberry Torch VIP Launch Event [Toronto]
    Sept 22 - Blackberry Torch VIP Launch Event [Vancouver]
    Sept 23 - Blackberry Torch VIP Launch Event [Montreal]
    I don't think it will be oct, why would they say "in the coming weeks" if its going to be 2 months away

I expect if those Launch party dates are correct We'll see the phone Launch Sept 16th in Canada, not sure which Carrier will launch first, or if All at the same time, but if we started a Pool, I want the 16th!
    08-20-10 06:06 PM
    I expect if those Launch party dates are correct We'll see the phone Launch Sept 16th in Canada, not sure which Carrier will launch first, or if All at the same time, but if we started a Pool, I want the 16th!
    this site also talks bout rogers at the bottom of the pic...

BlackBerry Torch Coming to Vodafone UK in Mid-September | BlackBerry Cool
    08-20-10 06:23 PM
    I can't see them releasing it BEFORE the launch parties, but that's just me.
    08-20-10 06:29 PM
    I'm curious as to why you would think they would launch the phone 4 days prior to the launch party?

Although CX was also hearing the 1st or 2nd week of Sept.
    Last edited by The_Shawn; 08-20-10 at 07:45 PM.
    08-20-10 07:42 PM
    this is getting so ridiculous waiting for this phone.
    08-20-10 09:53 PM
    We unlocked a few phones for a rogers corporate account employee,
    He's incharge of getting businesses to sign up contracts to use Blackberrys.
    I asked him if he knew when Rogers gets the torch, he also said between the 20th - 24th of September.

Hopefully it's quick,

Canadians had to wait so much longer for the iphone 4 and now the torch as well.
    08-21-10 04:52 AM
    We unlocked a few phones for a rogers corporate account employee,
    He's incharge of getting businesses to sign up contracts to use Blackberrys.
    I asked him if he knew when Rogers gets the torch, he also said between the 20th - 24th of September.

Hopefully it's quick,

Canadians had to wait so much longer for the iphone 4 and now the torch as well.
    Your date is bang on with what I heard from Rogers folks (and I don't mean kids from customer service)
    And on an upside, maybe it's better that we waited. I'm hoping Rim will fix the wiggles and rattles. :-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-21-10 05:16 AM
    I can't see them releasing it BEFORE the launch parties, but that's just me.
    I'm curious as to why you would think they would launch the phone 4 days prior to the launch party?

Although CX was also hearing the 1st or 2nd week of Sept.

Those Launch Party dates are a Monday/Tuesday.
    I can't see them releasing the phone on a Monday/Tuesday since first weekend numbers are a statistic that the media talk about, so best to launch it on a Thursday/Friday, and seeing that they Launched the Torch in the US on a Thursday I'm going to say they'll do the same in Canada.

The Launch Party doesn't necessarily have to be the same day as the phone, you want people to have it and be playing with it, did they not have that launch party in the US days after the launch? or was that just a BBM party or OS6 party?
    08-21-10 06:24 AM
    Those Launch Party dates are a Monday/Tuesday.
    I can't see them releasing the phone on a Monday/Tuesday since first weekend numbers are a statistic that the media talk about, so best to launch it on a Thursday/Friday, and seeing that they Launched the Torch in the US on a Thursday I'm going to say they'll do the same in Canada.

The Launch Party doesn't necessarily have to be the same day as the phone, you want people to have it and be playing with it, did they not have that launch party in the US days after the launch? or was that just a BBM party or OS6 party?
    if they want to release it on a thursday, then i would suspect it would be the 23rd, the day of the final launch party. from my understanding the launch party in the US was on the 3rd, and actual release was the 12th. there was a bbm party afterwards. BUT who are these parties for, they may not be for Rogers, Telus and Bell are also nation wide carriers of the Torch.
    08-21-10 09:28 AM
    this is getting so ridiculous waiting for this phone.
    For real! I'm checking on here 100 times a day!! I just want some good solid news.. Man you'd think that RIM would show us Canadians some love??
    08-21-10 09:35 AM
    i just bought one and unlocked it....works flawlessly with rogers!

i got facebook, gmail, bbm, twitter, everything to work!

and the quality of the phone is great!

i'm just waiting for my case and screen protector =(
    08-22-10 03:04 AM
    Gah!!! I can't take waiting anymore!!!! Tell us something rogers!!!!

08-22-10 07:48 PM
    I couldn't wait either. I bought one, unlocked it and I am very happy with it
    08-22-10 09:15 PM
    That launch party sounds pretty legit! Sweeeeet!
    08-22-10 09:21 PM
    October??? pfft. If it comes out in October, the Torch better be flawless with no problems whatsoever that some of our American counterparts are facing right now...

bingo!! well said. let's hope someone's listening. if we wait so long AND they don't fix the issues-- it'll be shameful for Rim

08-22-10 09:29 PM
    Thursday, September 16th, 2010

Not sure if anyone posted this date but didn't feel like reading all 15 pages. It'll be released on that date.
    08-22-10 09:54 PM
    Thursday, September 16th, 2010

Not sure if anyone posted this date but didn't feel like reading all 15 pages. It'll be released on that date.
    Would you mind revealing your source?? We've all been hearing this for quite some time, but nothing has been confirmed.
    08-22-10 11:04 PM
    For real! I'm checking on here 100 times a day!! I just want some good solid news.. Man you'd think that RIM would show us Canadians some love??
    I know! After all they are a Canadian company...
    08-23-10 01:00 AM
    Seriously seeing that RIM is from Waterloo. Man it's so dumb. Now at least I know not to expect this phone until September 20th - 24th.
    08-23-10 01:43 AM
    The blackberry torch is a world phone so you can buy one from AT&T USA and just unlock it. It works flawlessly unlocked. I haven't heard any solid news on when Rogers will be getting the new blackberry 9800 and I have a feeling it's going to take a good one or two months.
    08-23-10 01:49 AM
    Honestly if I had the money with me I would go do it. But I don't so I'm stuck waiting for them to bring the phone here.
    08-23-10 01:50 AM
    Seriously seeing that RIM is from Waterloo. Man it's so dumb. Now at least I know not to expect this phone until September 20th - 24th.
    I've heard many different dates from rogers employees, this seems realistic as I've heard the 'end' of Sept. the most.
    I'm guessing Sept. 23, would be fine with me if it's sooner.
    08-23-10 06:27 AM
    Where are you guys getting them, and for how much?

I might just use my upgrade to get an iphone 4 and then sell it to fund a 9800
    08-23-10 11:35 AM
1,267 ... 7891011 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD