Since I am sure Rogers will not let me hup from 9700 to 9800 (got the 9700 last jan.) My plan is to buy the iphone4 on hup (am ok for that, verified on Rogers website) and sell it to buy the 9800 full price no contract. My question, when I'll hup can I do it without activating it (iphone4) ? If I am force to activate it at the store can I still sell it activated? Or is it tied to my account?
    Last edited by Tito71; 08-18-10 at 08:19 AM.
    08-18-10 07:43 AM
    I'm not going to believe any site until I see it on the rogers redboard. That's where it will be announced first, and that will be official. Like I said before no one can say bell or telus or rogers will have it first until they make it official. Its all rumors right now

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-10 09:05 AM
    I'm not going to believe any site until I see it on the rogers redboard. That's where it will be announced first, and that will be official. Like I said before no one can say bell or telus or rogers will have it first until they make it official. Its all rumors right now

But what about the 'reliable sources'?! and the 'insiders'?!
    08-18-10 09:35 AM
    But what about the 'reliable sources'?! and the 'insiders'?!
    Until I see it on their official site then I will believe it, Many times people have said a date and it gets pushed back, happens with every phone
    08-18-10 09:46 AM
    Until I see it on their official site then I will believe it, Many times people have said a date and it gets pushed back, happens with every phone
    But not with the Torch.

Remember how RIM & AT&T announced on Aug 3rd that it would be released on Aug 12th.....and it did?

What a glorious day. Hopefully Canada will have a great day just like that too....
    08-18-10 11:51 AM
    08-18-10 11:59 AM
    Yeah. I saw that too. I can't wait to try it out! Time to add another box to my collection.
    08-18-10 01:21 PM
    Taken from twitter in regards to the display case.

"@bbleaks: Really? No 9800? RT @linkkoriri: @bbleaks This is the display for 9700, 9300 and 9100. I received an email about it from my company."

08-18-10 02:29 PM
    Taken from twitter in regards to the display case.

"@bbleaks: Really? No 9800? RT @linkkoriri: @bbleaks This is the display for 9700, 9300 and 9100. I received an email about it from my company."

I was afraid it would be for the new Curve...
    08-18-10 02:44 PM
    Perhaps the long wait will be a blessing in disguise in that the Rogers 9800 models will be released with more reliable hardware, and a more up to date OS version?
    08-18-10 03:29 PM
    Check out what i just found. Dunno if someone already posted this on a different thread.
    BlackBerry Torch 9800 Displays Start Showing up at Rogers
    08-18-10 09:33 PM
    Check out what i just found. Dunno if someone already posted this on a different thread.
    BlackBerry Torch 9800 Displays Start Showing up at Rogers
    someone did post this... BUT IN THIS THREAD! :facepalm:
    08-18-10 11:17 PM
    OMG i fail so bad.
    It was the first post on this page too.
    :facepalm:
    08-19-10 03:15 AM
    Do you guys think Rogers (retention dept) is flexible on early hup for BlackBerry's ?
    Got my 9700 last January, and want the 9800 now... (Iphone4 early HUP ok but I want the 9800!)
    08-19-10 08:04 AM
    Do you guys think Rogers (retention dept) is flexible on early hup for BlackBerry's ?
    Got my 9700 last January, and want the 9800 now... (Iphone4 early HUP ok but I want the 9800!)
    I doubt they would let you, but it's worth a shot for sure.

read on twitter,

Crucial_Xtreme

I'm hearing 1st or 2nd week in Sept for the #Rogers #BlackBerry #9800
    08-19-10 08:32 AM
    My dream situation (about the Rogers 9800 release) would be:

Use the Iphone4 Eligibility Upgrade Tool = If you are eligibile for special pricing,
    You are also eligibile for the Torch 9800 special pricing
    08-19-10 10:21 AM
    My dream situation (about the Rogers 9800 release) would be:

Use the Iphone4 Eligibility Upgrade Tool = If you are eligibile for special pricing,
    You are also eligibile for the Torch 9800 special pricing
    But then again Rogers could just have made that program just to better sell the IPhone4. It would be cool if they let you do that.
    08-19-10 01:37 PM
    I went in to my Rogers store again and chatted it up with a rep. He absolutely promised me we'd see the Torch in September, although he wouldn't give a specific date. I said, "So we're not looking at October, or November, or December?" And he said, "No way. You'll see it in September. That's a promise."

Here's hoping for sooner in the month rather than later. He didn't seem to confident about the Rogers stores getting the white version though... *sigh*
    08-19-10 02:01 PM
    I went in to my Rogers store again and chatted it up with a rep. He absolutely promised me we'd see the Torch in September, although he wouldn't give a specific date. I said, "So we're not looking at October, or November, or December?" And he said, "No way. You'll see it in September. That's a promise."

Here's hoping for sooner in the month rather than later. He didn't seem to confident about the Rogers stores getting the white version though... *sigh*
    just got of the phone with CS rep ....she said she doesn't and that rogers is in "negotiations" and that it will be realsed likely oct nov....what a joke this is...i told her i want to be transfered to customer relations...this is getting out of hand now...sooo fustrating....
    08-19-10 03:59 PM
    just got of the phone with CS rep ....she said she doesn't and that rogers is in "negotiations" and that it will be realsed likely oct nov....what a joke this is...i told her i want to be transfered to customer relations...this is getting out of hand now...sooo fustrating....
    ok so i just got off the ph with CR, i told him i want to cancell my services and he asked me "why?" and right away i said "well you guys don't have a device i want" he then asked me and i told him the 9800 and he said well we are going to carry it by the end of this month or early next month....i told him what the CS rep said and he went on by saying that he heard that by the end of the month into early nex month....im going to believe him since he does have a higher position then a CS.....STILL COME ON ROGERS!!!!
    08-19-10 04:09 PM
    Canadian Launch Party DJ for the Torch

Wristpect

Sept 20 - Blackberry Torch VIP Launch Event [Toronto]
    Sept 21 - Blackberry Torch VIP Launch Event [Toronto]
    Sept 22 - Blackberry Torch VIP Launch Event [Vancouver]
    Sept 23 - Blackberry Torch VIP Launch Event [Montreal]
    Last edited by Tito71; 08-20-10 at 04:52 PM.
    08-20-10 10:11 AM
    I too got the bold 9700 in Jan. I called Roger's customer relations and explained to them that by ending my contract and paying out, it will be cheaper than paying full price for the phone, and if they're not willing to give me a hard ward upgrage to the 9800 thats exactly what I'll do but I'll leave Rogers and go to Telus. I'm getting whats called a 'save upgrade' a one time upgrade that saves the customer from leaving to go to another carrier. I am now eligble for an upgrade and my account is noted that I'm waiting for the 9800. Hope this helps!
    08-20-10 10:27 AM
    Canadian Launch Party DJ for the Torch

Wristpect � Blog Archive � Wristpect x Blackberry

early october based on the above link
    i don't think they would have a launch party 2 months prior to release, but i could be wrong, was that party tonight, or last night?
    08-20-10 01:23 PM
    Oct? ppffft.. it seems that by the time Canada finally gets this phone there will be rumours, leaks, and spy pics of the torch2!
    08-20-10 03:09 PM
    I don't think it will be oct, why would they say "in the coming weeks" if its going to be 2 months away
    08-20-10 03:13 PM
1,267 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD