yup, heres the thread on it.....http://forums.crackberry.com/f209/bb...rogers-515098/

y can't rogers just tell us a date.....whats the big deal anyway? regarless of them not saying ne thing or a date being released ppl r still gonna buy....the only differecne is if they keep on holding out n being stupid about it everyone is gonna go south untill they can't wait ne longer. I called rogers 4 times and everytime the answer was differnt, one rep even said we may not get it at all n then i told her rogers said "coming weeks" and then she said o yea.....what a joke this is and its getting outta hand now with the suspense. HURRY UP OR ELSE IM TAKING MY 2 LINES I HAVE WITH YOU 2 TELUS!!!!! ATLEAST GIVE US A OFFICIAL DATE!!
    Until Telus or Bell or any other carrier announces the 9800, they have no real reason to reveal a release date and slow down their current sales while everyone waits for it. The moment the other carriers announce the 9800, then Rogers will have to make a move to prevent people from switching.

They're probably not too worried about people going south and picking up phones, as those people obviously won't be porting their numbers over to AT&T. A lot of them are probably locked in their contracts anyways. Rogers, or any other carrier, does not make the bulk of their money from selling the devices themselves.
    08-17-10 05:51 PM
    yup, heres the thread on it.....http://forums.crackberry.com/f209/bb...rogers-515098/

y can't rogers just tell us a date.....whats the big deal anyway? regarless of them not saying ne thing or a date being released ppl r still gonna buy....the only differecne is if they keep on holding out n being stupid about it everyone is gonna go south untill they can't wait ne longer. I called rogers 4 times and everytime the answer was differnt, one rep even said we may not get it at all n then i told her rogers said "coming weeks" and then she said o yea.....what a joke this is and its getting outta hand now with the suspense. HURRY UP OR ELSE IM TAKING MY 2 LINES I HAVE WITH YOU 2 TELUS!!!!! ATLEAST GIVE US A OFFICIAL DATE!!
    Ooooh... I'd LOVE the white one! Thanks for the head's up! I don't mind modding my BB but it'd be better if it was OEM. Keeping my fingers crossed for a release by the end of the month (not suicidal enough to hold my breath though!)
    08-17-10 06:30 PM
    Think of it this way though... if the Torch was indeed a pet-project between RIM and AT&T, can you imagine the financial benefit to one or both of those companies to delaying the Canadian release? All the Canadians who "just can't wait" are hopping over the border and paying a big-huge-bloated no-contract price for the device. And if that release is delayed by months... even bigger payoff.

I'd say someone was thinking ahead. Can you imagine the impact had they done the same thing with the iP4 rollout?

Not that I'm happy about it of course... but I'm just saying.
    08-17-10 06:39 PM
    A white one? I haven't heard anything about this.

Yeah do a google search and you will see it that rogers is suppose to release it in white, not sure if black will be available, but how many guys buy a white phone?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-10 07:10 PM
    Yeah do a google search and you will see it that rogers is suppose to release it in white, not sure if black will be available, but how many guys buy a white phone?

I absolutely cannot see them releasing it in just white... they would do black and white just like they did with both Bolds. It would be suicide to do otherwise
    08-17-10 07:13 PM
    Just to chime in, I'm not with Rogers anymore, but I called Bell and asked when it was coming out with them. The Rep told me he didn't know, then, said he'd check the system. After a brief hold, he came back and said Christmas!!! He said they have it testing now on the network, but want to iron out all the bugs "AT&T is having" before releasing it on Canada's most expensive network. Just a heads up.
    08-17-10 07:17 PM
    Just to chime in, I'm not with Rogers anymore, but I called Bell and asked when it was coming out with them. The Rep told me he didn't know, then, said he'd check the system. After a brief hold, he came back and said Christmas!!! He said they have it testing now on the network, but want to iron out all the bugs "AT&T is having" before releasing it on Canada's most expensive network. Just a heads up.
    "Christmas" is NOT what we want to hear.... NEXT!!! hahaha j/k
    08-17-10 07:19 PM
    "Christmas" is NOT what we want to hear.... NEXT!!! hahaha j/k
    Tell me about it. I was hoping he'd say it was being released Sep 1st. Oh well, we get left out again.
    08-17-10 07:27 PM
    This is the first and only phone I've been so goddamn crackhead about. Literally can't go a day without checking if there's news about the phone coming out.
    I called again today before I went to the gym and first the guy told me that they might not even get it. Then I said "...um okay why did yo uguys say on the announcement day that you would be bringing it out in the coming weeks.." He paused then was like honestly I would say the end of the month.

Rogers knows, they're probably getting training on the phone as we speak. They just are being told that they have to keep they're mouth shut and as far as they know they should tell us they have no clue about the phone.

Mind you that's just my own specualtion but when I worked at Futureshop and the Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 were first coming out we were told to tell the public that we have no idea about a release date.

Marketing guys. Pain in my ***.
    08-17-10 07:54 PM
    This is the first and only phone I've been so goddamn crackhead about. Literally can't go a day without checking if there's news about the phone coming out.
    I called again today before I went to the gym and first the guy told me that they might not even get it. Then I said "...um okay why did yo uguys say on the announcement day that you would be bringing it out in the coming weeks.." He paused then was like honestly I would say the end of the month.

Rogers knows, they're probably getting training on the phone as we speak. They just are being told that they have to keep they're mouth shut and as far as they know they should tell us they have no clue about the phone.

Mind you that's just my own specualtion but when I worked at Futureshop and the Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 were first coming out we were told to tell the public that we have no idea about a release date.

Marketing guys. Pain in my ***.
    Yeah, I check Rogers RedBoard and the Rogers site (looking for an iPhone 4 type announcement) on a daily basis, sometimes twice. Pathetic really, but I'm stoked about this phone and way too stubborn to pay full price for it. The Rogers reps I talked in-depth with really felt that it would be by the end of Aug/first week of Sept. So here's hoping! Mind you, now that I've heard about the white Torch, I'm sooo holding out for that one! I'm all for modding my BB, but there's nothing quite like the original.
    08-17-10 08:05 PM
    probably cheaper to go to the states and buy the 9800 at $599.00 from ATT. Rogers won't let you upgrade until you are eligible which is usually 2 years. Rogers most likely will have a $599 cost +HST
    08-17-10 08:39 PM
    i posted this in the rogers forum too, but we're getting closer to an actual date

BlackBerry Torch 9800 To Launch On Rogers In September | The BerryFix.com
    08-17-10 08:53 PM
    i posted this in the rogers forum too, but we're getting closer to an actual date

Good, gooood...

08-17-10 09:02 PM
    I hope this pans out! And I really hope Telus releases same day!!
    08-17-10 09:05 PM
    Sept 15th?? dah!

Oh well. Hopefully they are a new build to correct some of the flaws in the AT&T models.
    08-17-10 09:29 PM
    i call BS on beryfix's "source" its inaccurate to say the least...
    08-17-10 10:07 PM
    i call BS on beryfix's "source" its inaccurate to say the least...
    i know the source, def not BS
    08-17-10 10:12 PM
    Sept 15th?? dah!

Oh well. Hopefully they are a new build to correct some of the flaws in the AT&T models.
    Most likely it will be a different/newer build.

Don't forget that the 9800 hardware supports UMA, and Rogers is close to officially announcing support for UMA on all its 3G Blackberry handsets that support UMA, like the 9700, 9300 and 9100 (its already working unofficially on these handsets with the .862 release of OS 5 from Vodaphone). Wouldn't make much sense to roll out the 9800 with a 6.0 0S version that doesn't enable UMA.

Because ATT doesn't support UMA (and neither does Bell or Telus), Rogers has one more relatively complex thing to test before they can roll the phone out. So I wouldn't be surprised to see it first on Bell or Telus, by a few weeks.

I'd rather sit tight and wait for the 9800 rockin' UMA, the jump over to Bell or Telus just to get the phone a few weeks earlier.
    08-17-10 10:43 PM
    Most likely it will be a different/newer build.

Don't forget that the 9800 hardware supports UMA, and Rogers is close to officially announcing support for UMA on all its 3G Blackberry handsets that support UMA, like the 9700, 9300 and 9100 (its already working unofficially on these handsets with the .862 release of OS 5 from Vodaphone). Wouldn't make much sense to roll out the 9800 with a 6.0 0S version that doesn't enable UMA.

Because ATT doesn't support UMA (and neither does Bell or Telus), Rogers has one more relatively complex thing to test before they can roll the phone out. So I wouldn't be surprised to see it first on Bell or Telus, by a few weeks.

I'd rather sit tight and wait for the 9800 rockin' UMA, the jump over to Bell or Telus just to get the phone a few weeks earlier.
    sorry but whats UMA????
    08-17-10 11:20 PM
    a little googling your part would save a post
    What is UMA? - Definition
    08-17-10 11:24 PM
    sorry but whats UMA????
    The short answer is, UMA (unlicensed mobile access) allows you to make phone calls over WiFi. The minutes will still be deducted from your plan as usual though. The advantage is that you can make phone calls where carrier reception is weak if you have access to WiFi; basements are a good example.
    08-18-10 12:14 AM
    I just hope Rogers doesn't come out with it till sept or oct. I'm making mad money buying from USA and reselling in Canada. About $200 profit each:P Sold 5 already.
    08-18-10 12:52 AM
    I never wait for Canada to finally get something. I got my Torch on Friday from the states. Have been using it for a couple days and I LOVE it!
    08-18-10 01:40 AM

i wanna believe it. Just seems too good to be true.
    08-18-10 06:15 AM
    i wanna believe it. Just seems too good to be true.
    Lol.. Agreed!
    08-18-10 07:32 AM
1,267 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD