Can i ask where this store is?
    Toronto at west side mall plaza

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-10 06:04 AM
    oh im in Brampton.
    I have a store somewhat near me at both Bramelea City Center and @ Bovaird and Hwy 10. Ill check with those guys see if they say anything.
    I would check with that guy again though to make sure he just wasn't giving you a random date.
    08-17-10 06:22 AM
    Same as AT&T, so no 3G on T-mobile
    08-17-10 07:52 AM
    Rumour I heard through back channels, could be garbage, was 3 more weeks till they release it. Don't know if that was 3 weeks from yesterday when I was told or the weekend when they found out? They were very confident in the timeline.
    08-17-10 07:57 AM
    oh im in Brampton.
    I have a store somewhat near me at both Bramelea City Center and @ Bovaird and Hwy 10. Ill check with those guys see if they say anything.
    I would check with that guy again though to make sure he just wasn't giving you a random date.
    He didn't give me a date he said that there would be 3 blackberries released this month the 9300 that just got released the 9800 torch and another unkown device

08-17-10 08:04 AM
    rogers should just hurry up. grrr! hahaha
    08-17-10 08:13 AM
    Just wondering how much you guys think Rogers will (or should) charge for the 9800 on a 3 years contract? Ps: don't tell us for free or 99cents it will not happened on the launch week

PLUS

Do you think Rogers will ease up the HUP program (like they did for the Iphone4), just upgraded for the 9700 last Jan and already approved to upgrade to Iphone4 but I don't want it. Hopefully the same kind of approval will be possible for the 9800...
    Last edited by Tito71; 08-17-10 at 09:11 AM.
    08-17-10 08:58 AM
    I talked to our business account manager and he said $199 on a 3 year.

I'm hoping it'll actually be $99-$149 though. =)
    08-17-10 09:00 AM
    I am really hoping to See Rogers Bring this out on 3 Year at the $149-$199 range,

as well as complete their work with Tbaytel and get me North Western Ontario coverage!
    I want to tell Bell to shove it!
    08-17-10 09:25 AM
    The wait is driving me crazy!! Especially with knowing that rogers has a white one coming out!!

08-17-10 10:37 AM
    WAITING WAITING WAITING........... If I wasn't due for an upgrade and had the money i'd buy from from att... but I'll wait..... and wait.... and wait.
    08-17-10 11:36 AM
    And then we read that RIM just sold 150000 units... Well just release the damn device to Canadians! You'll have better sales figure

Last edited by Tito71; 08-17-10 at 03:20 PM.
    08-17-10 11:45 AM
    wondering what's the strategic point for Rogers to hold it? To create a demand for it?
    Well they are not creating a demand for it but more frustrations from all of us
    Last edited by Tito71; 08-17-10 at 11:55 AM.
    08-17-10 11:46 AM
    If this has been mentioned in the thread already I apologize for the duplication.

Bell Mob will be getting it first.

BlackBerry Torch 9800 coming to Canada | Sync Blog
    Last edited by 45north; 08-17-10 at 11:56 AM.
    08-17-10 11:54 AM
    Do you think Rogers will ease up the HUP program (like they did for the Iphone4), just upgraded for the 9700 last Jan and already approved to upgrade to Iphone4 but I don't want it. Hopefully the same kind of approval will be possible for the 9800...
    Yeah, I logged into my Rogers account and a huge banner at the top was like 'YOU HAVE BEEN APPROVED FOR AN IPHONE 4 FOR $159'

That's great.....what about the Torch? Can I get the Torch for the same price? =)
    08-17-10 11:55 AM
    bell better not be getting it first, and how would you know mr.1 post dude.

lol and I bet if it did come to canada they would sell more than the states HEHE!
    08-17-10 11:57 AM
    bell better not be getting it first, and how would you know mr.1 post dude.
    Yea, I know, us horrible 1 post people who've not been graced with 4000+ posts upon registration. Did you even read the article, or are you too good for that? Maybe have someone read it to you...probably easier that way.
    08-17-10 01:30 PM
    Yea, I know, us horrible 1 post people who've not been graced with 4000+ posts upon registration. Did you even read the article, or are you too good for that? Maybe have someone read it to you...probably easier that way.
    did you even read this post.

"but Canada will also get this smartphone by the �fall� through Bell Mobility"

Where in that sentence or even that article do you see that bell will be getting it first? By the "Fall", that means nothing at all. If you go and read other messages from other carriers for example rogers, they said this phone will be coming out in the next couple of weeks when RIM first announced this phone, So how do you know that rogers won't be getting it first. "The next couple of weeks" is sooner than "fall"

until bell or rogers or any other phone company in canada gives an official release date, you can't say bell will be getting it first because face it YOU DON"T KNOW!
    08-17-10 02:23 PM
    No response.. don't know what to say since you know I'm right? ha!
    08-17-10 02:39 PM
    I had asked a friend to get me the Torch from ATT in CA to bring back to Canada and the sales guy said they just sold the last one! WTF.

Friend then asked if he knows another ATT store around the area and he said he doesnt know. WTF x2
    08-17-10 03:07 PM
    No response.. don't know what to say since you know I'm right? ha!
    No, I actually have a job so I have to balance time between doing work and reading this.

Just spoke with our Rogers business acct rep. He said the current chatter is seeing BM first. But, RIM may waive exclusivityto increase exposure of the device.

08-17-10 03:48 PM
    Bottom line is we don't know which Canadian carrier will release it first or when they will release it. There is a lot of speculation floating around, everyone claims their source is reliable, but in the end until the carriers make an official announcement we are just left guessing.

Just stay patient and good news will come soon enough
    08-17-10 03:57 PM
    I heard it will be middle of september, but again nobody can state for sure.

I hope it is soon as if not i will drive across the border = 3 min drive and buy one from AT&T and unlock it, well i may do so too if rogers RACKS the price up.

Yeah, I logged into my Rogers account and a huge banner at the top was like 'YOU HAVE BEEN APPROVED FOR AN IPHONE 4 FOR $159' ...... TOO and was wonder if Rogers will DO this for the 9800, but i am will to bet NO NO NO as they never did this for the 9700 ... Rogers is Stupid not to do so and sell lots of CANADIAN MADE PHONES as APPLE is dispicapble (My opinion is based soley on my word)...
    08-17-10 04:24 PM
    The wait is driving me crazy!! Especially with knowing that rogers has a white one coming out!!

A white one? I haven't heard anything about this.
    08-17-10 05:17 PM
    A white one? I haven't heard anything about this.
    yup, heres the thread on it.....http://forums.crackberry.com/f209/bb...rogers-515098/

y can't rogers just tell us a date.....whats the big deal anyway? regarless of them not saying ne thing or a date being released ppl r still gonna buy....the only differecne is if they keep on holding out n being stupid about it everyone is gonna go south untill they can't wait ne longer. I called rogers 4 times and everytime the answer was differnt, one rep even said we may not get it at all n then i told her rogers said "coming weeks" and then she said o yea.....what a joke this is and its getting outta hand now with the suspense. HURRY UP OR ELSE IM TAKING MY 2 LINES I HAVE WITH YOU 2 TELUS!!!!! ATLEAST GIVE US A OFFICIAL DATE!!
    08-17-10 05:30 PM
1,267 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD