Just make the drive...the reps are just talking out of their a**.
    I actually went into 2 stores in Bellingham and both told me they were not "allowed" to sell me a torch if I was not a AT&T customer. I then came home and called 5 more stores in Washington and 1 told me they would sell me one and another told me it would depend on inventory on hand. They other 3 said NO WAY!
    08-10-10 09:24 PM
    This thread seems to have gotten a bit off topic.

Any word on a Rogers release date?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-10 05:12 AM
    no there isnt, i'm sure when there is Kevin and Bla1ze will be all over it
    08-11-10 08:45 AM
    spoke to a business rep and she said it will most likely come out in oct or nov. loll
    08-11-10 02:49 PM
    I just dont see that. october or november is way off. end of this month probably although rogers is getting pretty bad keeping up with OS updates (still on OS4) on most of the phones, but they wont miss out too long on this phone.
    08-11-10 07:16 PM
    Insider friend. Would not say a word until the morning of the ATT launch. He then told me end sept for Rogers. Reasonable.
    08-11-10 07:26 PM
    spoke to a business rep and she said it will most likely come out in oct or nov. loll
    That's exactly what my friend said too.. She's a PD manager at Telus. So bummed
    08-11-10 08:17 PM
    End of sept on Rogers.

08-11-10 08:38 PM
    End of sept on Rogers.

is it from an insider's friend ?
    08-11-10 08:57 PM
    lol everyone's "insider friend" is saying something different. Don't believe anything till there is some visual proof.
    08-11-10 11:47 PM
    I called Rogers a couple of days ago and they gave me the most lamest answer...
    "At this time we have no information on that device."
    I was like fml I wanna shoot you for that. If August 14th is the real release date then I'll be a happy little girl for the entire year. But I heard that Telus is getting it September 16th. So if anything Rogers should release it way before that.
    08-12-10 06:26 AM
    I just called the retail Rogers Plus in the mall, Rogers Corp, and went on their live chat and all of them told me that they had no idea when yet.

The guy on the live chat gave me this link:
    BlackBerry Torch 9800 coming to Rogers | Rogers RedBoard

Which we all knew about....

BUT!

I emailed our business Rogers account manager and he said 2-3 weeks.

All I know is that I'm gonna need plenty pairs of pants when I get the phone.... =)
    08-12-10 08:43 AM
    I laughed to myself that it's only been a week since this was first announced and I'm barely getting through the week. I will probably have to find a distraction in the meanwhile lol. That's if I hope to survive long enough to get this phone.
    08-12-10 01:35 PM
    lol everyone's "insider friend" is saying something different. Don't believe anything till there is some visual proof.
    My insider friend told me it would be released in the coming weeks.
    08-13-10 06:20 AM
    I have a feeling it will be out at the end of the month..lol.
    08-13-10 09:13 AM
    late aug / beg sep would be my guess
    08-13-10 09:23 AM
    Anyone else been in "sulk" mode since yesterday? lol

Reading all these 9800 posts is great for gathering information, yet it's almost torture! I was pressing 2 Rogers Reps for info the other day and their sheepish "guesses" were that it would be out by the end of Aug/no later than the 1st week of Sept.
    08-13-10 09:27 AM
    Anyone else been in "sulk" mode since yesterday? lol

Reading all these 9800 posts is great for gathering information, yet it's almost torture! I was pressing 2 Rogers Reps for info the other day and their sheepish "guesses" were that it would be out by the end of Aug/no later than the 1st week of Sept.
    I've been sulking since the phone was announced.
    08-13-10 11:53 AM
    Not sulking here. I'm glad the yanks are the test pilots for the phone so that when I go in to get my upgrade I can make sure there is no wiggle, audio issue, tingy noise when making calls, etc before I leave the store with my perfect 9800.
    08-13-10 12:12 PM
    I read in the rogers section of this forums that 2 people cinfirmed august 19th. But I guess that's still a rumour in the end.

08-13-10 12:18 PM
    Not sulking here. I'm glad the yanks are the test pilots for the phone so that when I go in to get my upgrade I can make sure there is no wiggle, audio issue, tingy noise when making calls, etc before I leave the store with my perfect 9800.
    That's very true, and it was one of the things I told my friend who asked me if I'm getting this phone right away after launch. I'm going to wait and see if there's any major, or widespread problems with the phone. It is a new form factor and new OS, after all. Quite frankly, I was expecting more of a shat storm than this.
    08-13-10 12:20 PM
    I agree. I was so tempted to run south of the border this weekend to pick one up but I think I'm just going to sit tight and wait. I'm with Fido and there's no chance of them getting the phone so I'd have to buy the phone outright anyways. Might as well get it locally when it drops for any type of warranty purposes.
    08-13-10 12:22 PM
    Virgin 99.9 in Toronto is having a contest already and are giving away an iPhone 4 and the Blackberry Torch to listeners. It's been announced on the radio station pretty frequently now. Hopefully this is a good sign that the Torch is coming to Canada pretty soon then!
    08-13-10 12:43 PM
    I read in the rogers section of this forums that 2 people cinfirmed august 19th. But I guess that's still a rumour in the end.

it's just one guy, posted 2 times, in the first post he actually says July 19th, then re posted with the correction of august, but less than a month ago that same guy was asking if anyone knew the launch date for Canada. doesn't add up, if you ask me. so, i wouldn't get your hopes up on that rumour.
    08-13-10 02:38 PM
    how much do you think the bb 9800 will cost when it hit rogers
    08-13-10 03:17 PM
1,267 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD