Take it for what it is worth but I called in to Rogers today to see about the possibility of an early upgrade to the bb9800(with a re-sign for 3yrs) as my eligibility isint until Nov 18th of this year. The first person I spoke to said he was 90% sure it there is an early upgrade option @ $10/month for an early upgrade. He wanted to give me 100% confirmation so he passed me down the line to a woman who says No, Rogers does not have an early upgrade fee or anything of that nature and that their computer system will not allow any kind of upgrade if it is before the 2yr mark.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-28-10 05:15 PM
    That sucks for you Rogers folks

09-28-10 05:19 PM
    did you talk to regular customer service or customer relations (big difference), I would try again on the launch day for sure
    09-28-10 05:30 PM
    I used a Rogers branded torch saturday.. it was sexy
    09-28-10 05:32 PM
    Rikter, give it a day or two and call back. Politely ask what amount it would take to pay your account off. They will probably ask you why, when asked just tell them you were given a deal at another camp that you couldn't refuse. They absolutely hate hearing about the 'other guys' knowing you could be potentially leaving them.

I don't know for sure if that will get any results for you but I don't think it will hurt to try.
    09-28-10 05:50 PM
    I used a Rogers branded torch saturday.. it was sexy
    where on the device was the logo?
    09-28-10 05:59 PM
    Im not up for an upgrade until October and was told NO by customer service....when I gave her a hard time about the 26 days she passed me to customer relations who promptly gave me a reference number to override the restriction so I can pick one up on launch day!
    09-28-10 06:03 PM
    Definitely talk directly to Customer Relations if it's plan or HUP-related. They are the only ones that have any power to get anything done that is outside of the usual. Just be nice to the reps and they will usually bend over backwards for you.

09-28-10 07:05 PM
    where on the device was the logo?
    It wasnt, I have friend who works at RIM, and he has his tester out on the weekend. and RIM uses Rogers.
    09-28-10 07:12 PM
    Its best to go to the source ATT..
    09-28-10 07:19 PM
    i talked with a rep from customer relations. she said i was eligible for an hup even tho my 2 years comes december 19,2010. but she told me i have to go to a rogers store to do it. she said it would be 249.99 - 50 mailin rebate. I asked her if she could do it over the phone and she said rogers doesnt do HUP over the phone anymore. is that a load of bs? its been pretty frustrating trying to upgrade to the 9800.
    10-01-10 08:14 PM
    Sounds like your getting the run around...
    10-01-10 08:24 PM
    I was able to get a hardware upgrade when I called Rogers on launch day yesterday. I still had 3 months left before 2 years in my 3 year contract. I believe the upgrade is also based on how much you spend per month with them. Also, I was given the option to get it over the phone, or at a local Rogers outlet. I opted to get it at the nearest Rogers store, and am now a happy Torch owner

10-01-10 08:28 PM
    ive called over 5 times and they all say the same thing NO HUP over the phone.
    10-01-10 08:30 PM
    I Posted this yesterday in the rogers forum... OP may want to give it another try...
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f73/rog...s-rock-534494/
    10-01-10 08:36 PM
    I'm not sure what that woman was talking about.

I called yesterday (and my 2 yr mark isn't until Nov. 27th) and asked if I could upgrade, the guy on the phone took like 30 seconds, looked at my profile and said that it was fine.

$249.99 + $35 admin fee + tax = $327.74 - $50 MIR = $277.74

The only stipulation was that he couldn't ship me the phone and I have to go to a store to get one.

Did you call them back yet Rikter?
    10-01-10 08:51 PM
    im not a fan of this going to the store nonsense so rediculous
    10-01-10 08:59 PM
    I called on Monday and CR told me no. My buddy told me that he'd punch my number in and check. I was elligible.

I'm only 20 months into my 3 year term.

But I got my torch yesterday for $200 and I'm a happy camper.

10-01-10 09:25 PM
    Yep I called them back and renewed for 3yrs. Picked up my torch (mexico 5 build) @ best buy for the same deal you listed above, Machzy. I spoke with customer relations and they made it work for me.
    10-01-10 09:29 PM
    Talked to rententions today and I'm getting the torch for $199...only 9 months after getting the 9700

10-01-10 10:16 PM
    Family plan here. HUP date for Jan 15 2011. Both phones were 8900s

Because of revenue I was able to upgrade one line on launch day to the Torch without even calling Rogers. (who's "HUP system was down all day" up until this afternoon...) Picked it up in a corporate store and walked out a happy man. (hardware is flawless from what I can tell. nice and tight)

Wife got all excited over it. Then got mad she couldn't get one too. I let her use the phone all day and she didn't like it. So she wants to get a 9700 now instead.
    One 30 minute call to Rogers (20min of it hold time) regular CSR couldn't do it so sent me to retentions. Didn't even have to plead a case. "can I upgrade my wifes line?" "Sure, why not. Torch? Iphone? X10?" "9700 please" alright, head down to a store and pick it up, if not, I'll mail you one.

Went to Bestbuy, picked it up. Stupidly didn't look in the box.. got home and the top bezel is missing from the phone!
    10-01-10 11:46 PM
    HUP eligibility date MAY 2011
    called in 4 days ago and did early HUP + data activation to 9700 white. found out that Torch is coming out. called back 3 days ago , relations said its already been shipped but i havent got trac number. call back 2 days ago talk to relations again, this time he was able to cancel the order (wasnt shipped yet...ffs) and got the torch 200+35$
    10-02-10 05:17 AM
    I got my HUP over the phone after speaking with customer relations. I just told them that I know one person at my office who got an early upgrade and that my current plan is well above the minimum price required for the 3 year contract, which should mean enough revenue for the upgrade.

That is 7 months early as I would have been due in May.

But I was told that I can't pick it up in a store and they will ship it via UPS in 2-3 business days. So I'm stuck with my 9000 till next week...

The rep I spoke with advised me that he put a note on my account about the early upgrade and that I won't be able to get an early upgrade next time. I guess I'll cross that bridge when it comes.

10-02-10 07:51 AM
    Take it for what it is worth but I called in to Rogers today to see about the possibility of an early upgrade to the bb9800(with a re-sign for 3yrs) as my eligibility isint until Nov 18th of this year. The first person I spoke to said he was 90% sure it there is an early upgrade option @ $10/month for an early upgrade. He wanted to give me 100% confirmation so he passed me down the line to a woman who says No, Rogers does not have an early upgrade fee or anything of that nature and that their computer system will not allow any kind of upgrade if it is before the 2yr mark.

you just dont know how to smooth talk your way. i got myself an upgrade and i was only 2 months into a 3 year contract. torch should be here next week
    10-02-10 09:05 AM
    Regular customer service doesn't do HUPs over the phone anymore because there's been so many issues with people not receiving their devices through courier, then the order gets cancelled and then generally what happens is that the customer ends up going to the retail store to complete the hup in the end as the "faster process". It consistently wastes the agent's time so I believe that's why they no longer offer that service anymore. However retentions/relations should still be able to do the hup for you but if they do, they are the ones who should be responsible for shipping the device out because I've heard many cases where the agent says "it's all done, now you just have to go to the store to pick it up" and then when you get to the store, the rep behind the desk will give you the bad news saying "you are not eligible" because they use a completely different system and they have absolutely no power to overrride anything as they're just a retailer. Then you'd have to waste even more time getting a hold of retentions again in which the end they end up shipping the device out to you. Its a complicated process but sadly...I have been one of the many that went through it.

Not for my torch tho....I was eligible on launch day thank Gawd.

10-02-10 09:23 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD