Seems like no one knows the answer to this so I'm hoping some of you that pick up the device will be able to answer the question of whether officially or unofficially the Rogers branded Torch will support UMA/TalkSpot.

Supported:
    RogersMiranda on Rogers Redboard says that it is supported.
    A call to Blackberry Technical Support at Rogers says that it's supported.

Unsupported:
    Official product page says TalkSpot is not supported.

So anyone with the device, can you tell us if it's supported officially or unofficially supports UMA. I define official support that you have TalkSpot on your device and it automatically hooks up to UMA. I define unofficial support as having the Mobile Network Preference option to select WiFi Preferred in the Mobile Network Options screen.

Thanks kindly. Would be good to get to the bottom of this.
    09-30-10 10:55 AM
    yes, dont have my camera handy, but i just set up my wifi at home, and the UMA symbol just showed up.
    09-30-10 04:49 PM
    You have talkspot service then?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-30-10 05:02 PM
    I was just talking on talkspot.... but now it logged off =)

Who knows! But it does work!
    09-30-10 05:23 PM
    you don't log in and out of talk spot, it's a service that when connected to a wifi router the calls will go through the internet as opposed to using your regular 3G or 2G service. there are packages available through rogers to not take minutes from your monthly bucket of minutes when utilizing the talkspot service.
    09-30-10 06:50 PM
    You actually need to have a Talkspot plan now if you want to use UMA. Rogers has disabled UMA access for people without a Talkspot subscription.
    09-30-10 06:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD