Just figured I'd make a post about this, as I could easily see Rogers trying to cover their tracks on this one. Looks like Rogers did some system updates yesterday that has reset anyone with partial upgrade eligability in everything except their direct customer care systems. So, if you go into a store or check MyRogers, and you know you had eligability last week, and no longer see it now, call customer care as they can see your actual eligability, regardless of what they may say contrary, and can fix it in the system, allowing you to get the offers in-store again. Hopefully they will have this fixed before Thursday, but who knows if they will even bother fixing it, which is why I thought to post this, so no one gets left behind.
    09-27-10 11:30 AM
    I called today and they said that I won't have elligibility. But I'll just jump ship to Bell if that's teh case. It would save me money even if I paid out my contract.
    09-27-10 11:45 AM
    Based on your last hardware upgrade on this wireless number, you are not eligible for an upgrade at this time. You will be eligible for another hardware upgrade after: 22-Dec-2010
    A couple of days ago I was able to upgrade to any phone at 3 year pricing.
    09-28-10 11:39 PM
    I gave Rogers a call this morning and was informed by retention that there is no HUP for the 9800...
    09-29-10 09:49 AM
    I gave Rogers a call this morning and was informed by retention that there is no HUP for the 9800...
    I think you had a misinformed agent. As I spoke to an agent yesterday and today and both of them confirmed that i was eligible to do the hardware upgrade for the Torch when it shows up in there system.
    09-29-10 09:51 AM
    I think you had a misinformed agent. As I spoke to an agent yesterday and today and both of them confirmed that i was eligible to do the hardware upgrade for the Torch when it shows up in there system.
    Thanks for the info! This makes me feel so much better

If you don't mind me asking - are you looking at an early HUP?
    09-29-10 09:55 AM
    Thanks for the info! This makes me feel so much better

If you don't mind me asking - are you looking at an early HUP?
    Yes I am. I spoke with Customer Relations and they were able to work their magic for me

And here is extra proof from the Rogers Redboard that hardware upgrades for the torch is possible.

Rogers Redboard:
    UPDATE (September 29, 2010, 10:01 AM): The BlackBerry Torch 9800 can now be ordered at Redirect to the right page. This is for new customers only, while current customers looking to upgrade can check their hardware upgrade eligibility and pricing in store starting tomorrow, September 30.
    09-29-10 09:58 AM
    Thanks for sharing this with me - this is pure excitement

My HUP is not due until December 2011 I wonder if I am pushing my luck HAHAHA
    09-29-10 10:08 AM
    Thanks for sharing this with me - this is pure excitement

My HUP is not due until December 2011 I wonder if I am pushing my luck HAHAHA
    Check you PM.
    09-29-10 10:18 AM
    I called Rogers just now to verify eligibility. Rep said I am eligible for any phone upgrade but the Torch wasn't showing up yet. He said that's because it's not officially on sale until tomorrow but didn't know of any reason why I wouldn't be eligible for an upgrade to torch.
    09-29-10 03:42 PM
    I called Rogers today. He said I am fully elligible and can go tomorrow and pick up my device.
    09-29-10 04:00 PM
    I checked and am not eligible until nov 2011, arggg!!
    09-29-10 07:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD