My face call and end button came off and Rogers says that its not covered under warranty, they said that Rim told them so, I just got the phone 3 months ago what am I to do now I find it hard to understand this how can this not be under warranty!!

Any suggestions would be apriciated
    12-08-10 09:47 AM
    It sounds like you are getting the run around. I'd call back. A different CSR may give you a different response. If they still are not willing to help you out I'd ask for a Supervisor/Manager. The wobble and buttons falling off are fairly well documented so they should be at least repairing this for you if not replacing it.
    12-08-10 10:03 AM
    Rogers themselves won't cover it given that you've had the phone for 3 months (their warranty is only 30 days), but as Cozmik said, this is a well documented issue. RIM themselves will replace it, and if you call Rogers back, they should get the ball rolling on sending your phone to RIM for repair or replacement. If their phone support still gives you the runaround, try taking it into a Rogers store and have their staff get the process started.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-08-10 10:32 AM
    Call back and when the regular Customer Service rep says that he can't help ask to be transfered to Customer Relations (formerly known as Customer Retention). Explain your situation and nicely let them know that you want a replacement phone and that if they don't provide you will have to close your account.

They are the ones who have the authority to help you - these day's I don't even bother with Customer Service...
    12-08-10 10:33 AM
    Thanks for the replys I just got off the phone with them again and still no luck, I asked to speak to their supervisor and they said they would call me back within 24hours, these guys sound pretty confidant that this is not under warranty, they said that Rim has documented this under physical damage and sad to say but I droped the phone day 3 when I got it but it took that long to loosen up?? If this would had happen on that day I would had replaced it right away because I was under their 15-30days period but now am out of luck....

My phone looks great I don't think it took that much of damage on that day this is not acceptable.
    12-08-10 10:50 AM
    Thanks for the replys I just got off the phone with them again and still no luck, I asked to speak to their supervisor and they said they would call me back within 24hours, these guys sound pretty confidant that this is not under warranty, they said that Rim has documented this under physical damage and sad to say but I droped the phone day 3 when I got it but it took that long to loosen up?? If this would had happen on that day I would had replaced it right away because I was under their 15-30days period but now am out of luck....

My phone looks great I don't think it took that much of damage on that day this is not acceptable.
    If the call doesn't work out with the super I'd take the previous advice and take it to a physical store. Just tell them it came off and see what they can do.
    12-08-10 10:58 AM
    Sucks to hear. Was that on the Customer Service level or Customer Relations?

Worst case, if you're stuck with it, can give this a go: http://forums.crackberry.com/f209/fr...ml#post5483019
    12-08-10 11:01 AM
    do you pay for insurance on the phone?
    12-08-10 11:02 AM
    The call was @ the Customer service level am still waiting for the supervisor to call and I thought all Rogers plans came with insurance on the phone.. I gotta ask and pay for it?? Can I still get it?
    12-08-10 11:26 AM
    The call was @ the Customer service level am still waiting for the supervisor to call and I thought all Rogers plans came with insurance on the phone.. I gotta ask and pay for it?? Can I still get it?
    In my experience you always have to start the insurance within 30 days of getting the new device. I'm assuming Rogers is the same.
    12-08-10 11:47 AM
    12-08-10 12:20 PM
    insurance comes with the phone. The new protection plan is built now now a days. Its not extra or anything. Talk to Rogers Retentions/Relations. They will or should be able to do something for you.

The best bet after would be to just go to a Rogers store.
    12-08-10 12:52 PM
    Thought they made a big deal in their advertising recently about handset protection. Sounds like they should be either repairing or giving you a greatly discounted refurb.
    12-08-10 12:58 PM
    Try their techincal support chatline. Tell them your buttons fell off and they might be able to send you a replacement. My 9700 had a loose spacebar, and i was able to get it exchanged twice before i got one that was acceptable.
    12-08-10 01:25 PM
    The Supervisor called and she just said that it was not covered under warranty and that if I choose to send it in to Rim, They will inspect the phone and if they see that it was user negligence they will charge me $200-600 for a refurbished one, now I want a new one not a refurbished one.
    But with the scratch that I have from the accident I had day 3, will Rim see that as the cause of the buttons coming off? Are phones not allowed to drop now? I know that we should be careful but it was not that big of a drop to begin with, my Bold has dropped quite a bit of times and no problems aside from scratches...
    12-08-10 01:53 PM
    Ain't Rogers the ones that advertise free replacements for phones?
    12-08-10 01:57 PM
    Ain't Rogers the ones that advertise free replacements for phones?
    Yes, but not necessarily for the same phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-08-10 02:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD