Man I left blackberry for 4 months because they wouldn't make a bold 9000 replacement....and their new phones looks weak compared to the comp...and dated.

Well I couldn't stand it anymore. I hated my ******* phone soooo ******* much. Another brands smartphone that will remain nameless.

My friends actually started to call me and say why dont you message back. I would say cuz i hate using my phone. So they stopped messaging me. Only calls.

now...

I'm waiting for my torch in the mail. The phone i used to make fun of is the phone i bought. geeez

I HATED NOT HAVING PUSH EMAIL. I would miss every important email asking me for quotes. Also, losing BBM was tough too but I dealt with it fine. The email thing SPUN me good tho because it cost me money. God it feels good to be almost back.

I'm never leaving BB again. I don't care how underpowered, how **** res, how anything. I realized spec's and power are not everything...get what makes you happy.

I can't wait to get my playbook with my new 55 dollar rogers 1gig shared data plan.

Now I just need to get the Bold 9000 Sonar ping sound for the torch.
    I hope it comes tomorrow.

/end rant!
    04-14-11 01:15 AM
    Welcome back. The Torch is a great device and once you get the right apps and games, it's just as powerful as any other phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-14-11 01:25 AM
    I am new to the Torch and have to say it already replaced my netbook for simplified tasks. Don't know how to not play it day & night. Business apps are class, the best is UpVise, superb! Games are just as strong and I love my PBA Bowling, Bubble Birds, Guns & Glory and the most will be Pinball Deluxe.

Opening microsoft office & pdf components is a breeze by using Docs2Go and editing photo as simple using PhotoEditor. Have to say it covers most of everyday tasks excellently.

And last but not least are email applications. This is what it handled superbly. My office emails coming in on time and gmail isn't left behind as well. Overall Torch is a blazing blazing office & multimedia tools minus high res & front facing camera. Who cares the res when I can view my Diddy - Dirty Money.mp4 51.9Mb video very very sharp & crispy! (I know the loudest volume still can't beat 3rd quarter of SE)

Welcome back & have a long stay
    04-14-11 04:55 AM
    Welcome back! Glad you've seen the light! Kidding. I think a good number of people switching out to other devices end up missing the amazing communication of a BlackBerry. The push emails and everything is amazing. Some people don't care about push email, but others who are in business definitely need to have it.

I don't understand everyone who says the screen isn't high-res, it's beautiful to me. But I'd take a less high-res screen over longer battery life any day. What good is a big, powerful, super high-res screen when you have constantly charge the dang thing?
    04-14-11 05:58 AM
    Welcome back mate. Like you i also moved to the dark side giving up my Bold 9700 for an HTC Desire HD which is a great phone, but i think that once you have owned a BB its hard to make the switch to a different brand. The DHD lasted 4 months before it was sold and the 9800 purchased and boy am i glad to be back
    04-14-11 07:14 AM
    Welcome back. I to recently returned and so far am increadibly happy with the Torch. Been looking at it since it came out and finally jumped.
    04-14-11 07:21 AM
    Welcome back. And one of the first things you should do is update the OS. It will likely ship with 6.0.0.246. Its ok, but anything .448 and up is an improvement. I've had the best experience with .526 personally.

Enjoy having a BlackBerry again!!
    04-14-11 08:38 AM
    I too, have returned this month, to my trusted Bold 9000 (from Android world). sometimes you take things for granted, you get caught up with all that great marketing, 1GHz CPU , HD vid etc, but what you are not told, is that its got a crap battery life, you will need to travel with a car battery just to get through the day.

I learned a hard lesson, missed a connecting flight in Frankfurt, had my all bells and then some Android phone, after sending a few emails etc., I realized I would need to find a power supply very soon or I would have a phone that was not fit for anything.

As soon as got back home, open my box of old phones took out BB 9000 recharged it got it reactivated....the funny thing is I get through a whole with BB 9000 even with original battery .

I do not want to be cutting edge anymore.....trailing edge will do just fine so I now have 9800 at home waiting for me.

Alex
    04-14-11 10:01 AM
    Welcome back! And you've also realized a lot about what makes most of us enjoy RIM devices. It's not all about hardware specs, it's how everything works together to create a unique experience.
    04-14-11 10:04 AM
    I too, have returned this month, to my trusted Bold 9000 (from Android world). sometimes you take things for granted, you get caught up with all that great marketing, 1GHz CPU , HD vid etc, but what you are not told, is that its got a crap battery life, you will need to travel with a car battery just to get through the day.

I learned a hard lesson, missed a connecting flight in Frankfurt, had my all bells and then some Android phone, after sending a few emails etc., I realized I would need to find a power supply very soon or I would have a phone that was not fit for anything.

As soon as got back home, open my box of old phones took out BB 9000 recharged it got it reactivated....the funny thing is I get through a whole with BB 9000 even with original battery .

I do not want to be cutting edge anymore.....trailing edge will do just fine so I now have 9800 at home waiting for me.

Alex
    Absolutely abysmal, i had a Desire HD. Had to carry a spare battery when out and about, charger at home, one in the office, even put one behind the bar in my local.
    04-14-11 10:17 AM
    I just traded my Captivate for a Torch yesterday after 4 months of fighting with ROMs, Kernels, and all kinds of rooting trouble just to realize that my phone sucked at being a phone...realized I missed my 9700, love my wife's Torch and what do ya know, 3 days of trolling craigslist and I get an even trade...even came with an Otterbox! I promised my wife no more phone hopping after the Captivate, but after dropping 90% of my calls at home, the droid had to go. Broke a promise, but now I am definitely done phone hopping. Blackberry is perfect for me.
    04-14-11 10:37 AM
    welcome back, it's like coming home. enjoy!
    04-14-11 10:39 AM
    Welcome back to the BB world. You will find happiness here again. ;D
    04-14-11 10:45 AM
    If you want something that just work, you made the right choice
    04-14-11 10:51 AM
    I know yall pain. I have tried the rest and am back to the best for me "BLACKBERRY" If I do any hopping it will stay in the Blackberry arena ONLY.
    04-14-11 10:54 AM
    Welcome back. I to recently returned and so far am increadibly happy with the Torch. Been looking at it since it came out and finally jumped.
    I agree with you.
    04-14-11 11:09 AM
    I saw an unboxing video on Youtube before the Torch came out and I was hooked on it right away.
    04-14-11 11:10 AM
    I do miss Angry Bird
    04-14-11 11:15 AM
    That's why I also have an iTouch for music. :P
    04-14-11 11:18 AM
    Glad to see I'm not alone with this type of experience.

Also, my phone didn't come today!!!
    04-14-11 05:15 PM
    Don't worry,it happens to the best of us.I was stuck with a iphone 4,sold it and got myself the torch.Couldn't be any more happier,you are going to like this phone...trust me!
    freedomx20a likes this.
    04-14-11 09:29 PM
    Went from Curve to Bold to Torch. Luv my torch
    04-16-11 02:54 PM
    I never had a blackberry but I want to get a torch after I find full time employment. I'm only working part time at the moment. I have an iPhone 3g but without service for now because I can't afford it.

My question for the people who left bb for iPhone or android & vice versa; how do compare torch' media performance to iPhone/android phones? I mean stuff like watching videos & playing games. I don't care much about the camera.

04-16-11 06:15 PM
    The media performance isn't as high as those phones sounds like you might be disappointed...

Anyways guys I just got the torch and I love it. The battery is impressive...so harrd to kill the battery. I'm on it now. Can someone with a bold 9000 send me the Sonar ping sounds. I don't like any of the torches stock ones, except maybe "considerate"

04-16-11 07:32 PM
    I never had a blackberry but I want to get a torch after I find full time employment. I'm only working part time at the moment. I have an iPhone 3g but without service for now because I can't afford it.

My question for the people who left bb for iPhone or android & vice versa; how do compare torch' media performance to iPhone/android phones? I mean stuff like watching videos & playing games. I don't care much about the camera.

I came from an iPhone 3G to the Torch and I honestly can't tell a difference between media. I'm not a huge movie/video watcher on my phone, though. If I'm going to watch a movie, it'll be on my giant TV at home or I'll save watching videos for my new laptop at home. I don't play games on my phones. But from the videos I have watched on my Torch, I don't see a difference compared to the iPhone.
    04-16-11 09:30 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD