I should've just kept the Torch. Apple is trying to fix hardware problems with software fixes that make people's phones stop working. It's a vicious circle, and it's pretty damn pathetic. I updated my i4 to the newest OS, designed to fix problems, and now I have those very problems. The phone has lots of bugs, in fact more than the Torch, which is saying a lot. I have the dreaded proximity sensor issue, but didn't until "the fix" was issued. Now I can't even make calls without hanging up on people. The antenna is definitely not right. Anyone who says it is is an *****. There are other software bugs including, at times the phone shows no bars at all even though I'm on the phone or the internet. It does other things, but I don't care to elaborate.

As far as I'm concerned, both suck, but I think the Torch gets the nod from me. I'm sure BB will come out with a Torch 2 and hopefully they'll get the BT streaming right and fix other issues that my Torch had(all software) and I'll get back on the BB wagon. Can't wait actually. Anyway, if you're debating the switch to the i4, don't do it. You'll be sorry.
    09-20-10 06:32 PM
    thanks for the info...sorry it didn't work out for you but I'm so glad I picked the Torch over the iPhone. SO far I'm loving my Torch!
    09-20-10 07:31 PM
    Sorry it's not working out well for you. I have both the 9800 & i4 and have zero issues with either device. Both work great. I would obviously say the i4 has much better specs than the 9800 and is definitely a better media oriented device. But my 9800 is by far the superior messgaing/email device. It's all about what suits you best. I guarantee that if you put your i4 up on craigslist for trade w/a 9800, someone will trade.
    09-20-10 07:38 PM
    Go back and get a Torch "Made in Canada". :-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-20-10 07:39 PM
    I also think that the Torch is the better phone.

blasphemy... the iphone 4 is the Best phone ever..
    it can't be.. it simply can't be that way.. bugs? in an iphone?
    Seriously, even if you go Android there'll be problems there as well
    so in short, there's no one phone to rule them all, even the iphone..
    I have the Torch and iPhone 4. For the past week I have been trying both. Really like to browse the net during the day and the phone is great for that and yes the screen is top notch. Keep in mind the Torch is no slouch. Browsing on the Torch is very good. Best BB for browsing for sure. I would use the iPhone for 1 day and already want to go back to my BB. I came from an iPhone 3G to a 9700 then a Torch so I am familiar with iPones after having the iphone 3G for over 2 years.

Push mail doesn't work well at all with my Rogers\Yahoo and obviously won't work well with business server mail. My Rogers would get instant notification the odd time and most times takes 20-30 min to pop. Hate that email is all filtered into 1 inbox. Love that the BB has individual icons for each addy. Absolutely hate the pop up when you are in the middle of something on the iphone also. BB totally kills on Notifications. Tell you the truth the more I use the iphone more I love the Torch. Sometimes go through withdrawl not having the Torch lol.

I actually like the Torch music media player more then the iPod on the iphone. I also have had 3 dropped calls in the last 2 days with the iphone. Still not a single dropped call on my BB.

All comes down to personal preference but imo the iPhone is honestly too much like a toy in my eyes. I'm not going to dl a video game, movie and a ton of apps. Absolutely does not meet my needs for email and messaging. I will prob sell my iphone later this week.

09-20-10 08:18 PM
    I have the Torch and iPhone 4. For the past week I have been trying both. Really like to browse the net during the day and the phone is great for that and yes the screen is top notch. Keep in mind the Torch is no slouch. Browsing on the Torch is very good. Best BB for browsing for sure. I would use the iPhone for 1 day and already want to go back to my BB. I came from an iPhone 3G to a 9700 then a Torch so I am familiar with iPones after having the iphone 3G for over 2 years.

Push mail doesn't work well at all with my Rogers\Yahoo and obviously won't work well with business server mail. My Rogers would get instant notification the odd time and most times takes 20-30 min to pop. Hate that email is all filtered into 1 inbox. Love that the BB has individual icons for each addy. Absolutely hate the pop up when you are in the middle of something on the iphone also. BB totally kills on Notifications. Tell you the truth the more I use the iphone more I love the Torch. Sometimes go through withdrawl not having the Torch lol.

I actually like the Torch music media player more then the iPod on the iphone. I also have had 3 dropped calls in the last 2 days with the iphone. Still not a single dropped call on my BB.

All comes down to personal preference but imo the iPhone is honestly too much like a toy in my eyes. I'm not going to dl a video game, movie and a ton of apps. Absolutely does not meet my needs for email and messaging. I will prob sell my iphone later this week.

are we related?
    it feels like i'm hearing myself reading this post
    09-20-10 09:27 PM
    have both the torch and the iphone 4.

imo, i prefer the iphone 4. it outshines the torch spec wise.

bought the torch cause i missed bb. it'll probably be the back up phone.

the retina display alone makes it worth it.
    09-20-10 09:45 PM
    I have the iphone 4 currently and the dropped calls is out of control. I got a case but still 5 minutes into every call, it drops. I'm going tomorrow to trade my iphone for a blackberry torch. I figure the best solution to my blackberry or iphone dilemma is getting the torch and a ipad for my app desires. =)
    09-20-10 10:17 PM
    I prefer the iphone's email, surprisingly. Set my Gmail push and travel without fearing the lack of BIS.

09-20-10 10:21 PM
    I have a Torch and an iPhone 4 and I prefer the Torch in every single way.

...ok actually the i4's screen is pretty and a little taller (but narrrower) but I have no issues with the Torch's screen (it is still a lot better than the iPhone 3GS's screen). But ya asside from the pretty screen the i4 has Nothing going for it. I keep trying to use it, but it I can't find anything to like about it...
    09-21-10 04:09 AM
    thanks for the info...sorry it didn't work out for you but I'm so glad I picked the Torch over the iPhone. SO far I'm loving my Torch!
    Why are you glad? Do you work for RIM?
    09-21-10 04:53 AM
    Why are you glad? Do you work for RIM?
    do you work for apple?
    09-21-10 07:39 AM
    Settle down ladies!
    09-21-10 07:51 AM
    do you work for apple?
    Not exactly sure what you mean. When did I mention apple?
    09-21-10 07:51 AM
    I think he pieced it together in conjunction with many of your other comments; "apple this, apple that".

My guess is that you don't work for Apple. My guess is that you're between the ages of 14-18.
    09-21-10 07:53 AM
    I have the iphone 4 currently and the dropped calls is out of control. I got a case but still 5 minutes into every call, it drops. I'm going tomorrow to trade my iphone for a blackberry torch. I figure the best solution to my blackberry or iphone dilemma is getting the torch and a ipad for my app desires. =)
    torch + ipod touch..which now has face time..
    09-21-10 08:26 AM
    I have had both (started out with iPhone 4 and now have a Torch). Both phones have their flaws (the placement and sensitivity of the antenna on the i4 and the general software buggyness of the Torch). Both phones also have their strengths.

In the end it comes down to personal preference. Some people want the physical keyboard/BBM. Some people want the superior media and browsing experience. I have a Torch now (primarily because the company I work for paid for it), but it was really 6 one way, half a dozen the other for me. Neither device is perfect.
    09-21-10 08:52 AM
    I think he pieced it together in conjunction with many of your other comments; "apple this, apple that".

My guess is that you don't work for Apple. My guess is that you're between the ages of 14-18.
    I think he's actually older than that..but has failed to gain enough initiative to move out of his mother's basement and into the real world (think Will Ferrel in Wedding Crashers). Oh..and btw Tucker..i'm still waiting on that sandwich.
    09-21-10 08:52 AM
    its nice to see some positive comments about the torch and not just hate and how much better the iphone is
    09-21-10 08:55 AM
    I like the torch build quality but IMO the software and the hardware(under the hood) is inferior to I4.....
    09-21-10 11:48 AM
    tMy sister has an ip4, I'm torching it, we agree both phones rock. I'm jelouse of the multimedia, she's jelouse of the functionality. My conclusion is its a draw. Her first smartphone was iphone mines blackberry. Were both totally happy with our phones.

People make mountains out of molehills especially on the net. You can't go wrong with either. Get what works. I'm still on the orginal OS(thanks to apple) and have ZERO complaints.

09-21-10 02:55 PM
    blasphemy... the iphone 4 is the Best phone ever..
    it can't be.. it simply can't be that way.. bugs? in an iphone?
    Seriously, even if you go Android there'll be problems there as well
    so in short, there's no one phone to rule them all, even the iphone..
    this is a very true statement. i have gone thru 3 captivates and although the android system is neat, i'm getting a torch now. hopefully will be here this week. gps, and lag issues plus freezes on my captivate make it unusable at all at times. i had an iphone 3G and 3GS, loved them both, but it became more of a novelty after awhile. really looking forward to the torch, i'm back on my 9700 right now.
    09-21-10 03:36 PM
    torch + ipod touch..which now has face time..
    Same combo here... "face time" isn't working though. Says that I can't login and have to check network connections even though I am connected to the internet. Grrr...
    09-21-10 03:55 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD