Hi Guys!

Trying to pull a quick one on a friend - how can I reset the lifetime data/voice counter on my Blackberry 9800? I know there is a way to do it thru the IT Policy but I'm not on a BES server. Any other ideas?

Thanks!!
    05-05-11 09:40 PM
    It would seem that you aren't a very honest "friend". Why 'pull' anything?
    05-05-11 10:07 PM
    trying to pull a quick one as in selling it and wanting to roll back the odometer?? now that isnt very fair......

if thats the case, go into the security wipe and type "blackberry"
    05-05-11 10:42 PM
    lol that wont wipe your lifetime counter dictoresno! it'll just erase all his stuff hahaha
    05-05-11 11:05 PM
    lol that wont wipe your lifetime counter dictoresno! it'll just erase all his stuff hahaha
    way to ruin it.....

i know exactly how to do what hes asking, but im not going to tell. its kind of a sketchy request. hes a newbie with one post. how do we know that "pulling the fast one" isnt by trying to pass off a phone with high call timers as a "new phone". its like helping someone rollback an odometer on a car they are selling to make it look newer.

as far as i know, on a blackberry, it erases ALL call history. some phones dont do that and still leave the overall times listed and they cant be deleted to avoid fraud like this.

i dont know what the OP's "joke" is supposed to involve. but i dont see how erasing the call timers will accomplish anything other than for negative purposes.
    05-06-11 12:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD