Hello All

I got the torch last week and this weekend the home row of keys messed up a couple times. (i had to press the send key a couple times to answer phone, had to press back key a couple times to exit program). It did they a couple times. I cannot replicate the problem and I went to return the handset today and the Manager was being very pushy that he would not take it back unless he can replicate the problem. We went back and fourth and he said that if he exchanges it there is a possibilty i will get charged 600 bucks if RIM cant replicate the problem (have never heard of this before, I just heard if there is physical damage but he was adimate)

What should I do here? I want to make sure I have a good phone withing the 14 return window but at the same time I don't wanna be on the hook if this problem doesnt arise again

can someone give me some advice or what they would do in this situation?
    10-12-10 05:12 PM
    That's pretty unusual, I'd say. I went through several Torches trying to find with that didn't have any issues. Every time I took it back they never even looked at it, much less questioned me about the issues it was having.

If the guy is being an *** about it just return the phone for a refund and then buy a new one since you are still within your return window.
    10-12-10 05:52 PM
    I have no idea how Telus works, but that not the case with AT&T
    10-12-10 05:56 PM
    I am with Telus and brought one back because the menu button was squishy, like seriously felt different than the other keys and I got a return without a hitch. Return it for refund and go to a different store if they don't want you business give it to someone who does.
    10-12-10 06:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD