I have this file or folder (not sure)named Ah.ard on my 9810. I dont know how it got there and when I open it nothing is in it. The file/folder is black and I just want to remove it. Any suggestions?
    07-04-12 10:33 AM
    I can't see this on my phone. Eactlly where is it located? Is it in the phone's memory or on the Media Card?

What apps have you instaled/removed?

With a name like Ah.ard, it sounds like this may be "A hard" file to remove.
    07-05-12 07:58 AM
    "A file with the ARD file extension is an Alphacam Router Drawing file." "The ARD file type is primarily associated with 'Alphacam' by Planit."

That's all I could find. If you want to read the full articles click the links.

File Extension .ARD Details

ARD File - What is an ARD File? - Open ARD File Extension

ARD File Extension - Open .ARD files

Not sure why it would be on your phone, but I did also read that it's used for email virus transfer.
    Pete6 and amazinglygraceless like this.
    07-07-12 12:41 AM
    "A file with the ARD file extension is an Alphacam Router Drawing file." "The ARD file type is primarily associated with 'Alphacam' by Planit."

That's all I could find. If you want to read the full articles click the links.

File Extension .ARD Details

ARD File - What is an ARD File? - Open ARD File Extension

ARD File Extension - Open .ARD files

Not sure why it would be on your phone, but I did also read that it's used for email virus transfer.
    Thanks for doing the research. I should have done this myself. On a BlackBerry this looks like an error of some kind. Maybe to do with MIME on teh OP's phone. I don't have MIME installed so if I'm right about the error, I would never see a .ard file.

I think that this may be an error because the OP cannot remove the file. If it were a valid file from Alphacam then there would be a way to move or delete this file.

Without seeing the phone, this is hard (sorry) to diagnose. If this file is some kind of malware carrier then it is almost certainly not harmful to a BlackBerry but could be so on a PC. Even that seems doubtful though.

The obvious way to fix this would be to wipe the phone and start over with a new OS but that seems like using a hammer to crack a walnut to me.
    07-07-12 01:31 AM
    I was bored, and had nothing better to do since everyone is asleep
    07-07-12 02:07 AM
    I was bored, and had nothing better to do since everyone is asleep
    Must still be daylight up there.
    07-07-12 02:16 AM
    Thanks for doing the research. I should have done this myself. On a BlackBerry this looks like an error of some kind. Maybe to do with MIME on teh OP's phone. I don't have MIME installed so if I'm right about the error, I would never see a .ard file.

I think that this may be an error because the OP cannot remove the file. If it were a valid file from Alphacam then there would be a way to move or delete this file.

Without seeing the phone, this is hard (sorry) to diagnose. If this file is some kind of malware carrier then it is almost certainly not harmful to a BlackBerry but could be so on a PC. Even that seems doubtful though.

The obvious way to fix this would be to wipe the phone and start over with a new OS but that seems like using a hammer to crack a walnut to me.
    There may be another way to deal with it. I had a file that was useless and taking up space, but apparently had attributes that mad my old 9800 think it was unerasable. Nothing on the phone would fix it & delete it. Connecting to my PC, I set USB mode, then used my favorite PC file manager (Servant Salamander) to go to the file on the phone. Once there, I used SS to change the attributes, then deleted the file. That might work for this, too. I'm not sure whether the OP has a PC or a Mac, but there are probably other file managers on both that could handle that same situation. Worth a try.
    07-07-12 02:23 AM
    There may be another way to deal with it. I had a file that was useless and taking up space, but apparently had attributes that mad my old 9800 think it was unerasable. Nothing on the phone would fix it & delete it. Connecting to my PC, I set USB mode, then used my favorite PC file manager (Servant Salamander) to go to the file on the phone. Once there, I used SS to change the attributes, then deleted the file. That might work for this, too. I'm not sure whether the OP has a PC or a Mac, but there are probably other file managers on both that could handle that same situation. Worth a try.
    If the file is on the Media Card, then this will work. If it is located in the Device Memory then this technique will not work.

There is no need for a file manager in Windows since taking ownership of the file and giving yourself Full Control of the file means that you now own it and can delete it at will. If the OP has a Mac then I can't help him with file permissions. I'm an MS-Windows only guy.
    07-07-12 05:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD