So I'm loving my torch and was on my original from the release date(well day after). But there were some issues starting to nag me so I called it in.

They were minor..had the wobble but only when open, my lock key had started to stick, and so had my keys on one side of the keyboard...would have to press them a few times to get them to avoid getting a pppppppppppppp message..and no I didn't spill anything on it.

Well got my first one last week and....nothing, wouldn't even turn on. So a call to ATT and after explaining to the lady who didn't speak english that I can't do a hard reset on a phone that doesn't turn on, or a soft reset (she was clueless), and then finally getting a manager, they express shipped me another refurbed unit.

And this one turned on, but that was the only good thing about it, Lock key is inoperable, and I won't say it wobbles....that wold be nice....I think they forgot to attach on of the hinges to the frame. both open and closed, it moves a cm or two in each direction...looks like it wants to be a sidekick.

so another call and there is a new unit on its way. Hope this will be better, should have just kept the old one
    10-18-10 05:42 PM
    first unit was a mexico 4, both new were mexico 5 for those keeping track.
    10-18-10 05:47 PM
    Yikes, did they send you a refurb or something?? Those things are not acceptable on a new unit!
    10-18-10 06:52 PM
    Wow. I knew quality control had its gaps and failures, but this is absolutely inexcusable. I can understand loose sliders and can even tolerate the possibility of loose button panels, but having keys that simply don't work is inexcusable.

It'd be really odd for your third Torch to have problems too. If it does get to you with problems that's straight out disgraceful on RIM's part.
    10-18-10 07:39 PM
    You have endless patience !!! After the second return I would have asked for a different model device (probably a Bold). All the Torchs I've seen have been very solid devices, but if I got two bad ones in a row I would have lost all confidence in the model.

Kudos to you
    10-18-10 08:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD