Ok, I have three email addys programed into the Torch's mail system. I also have the gmail app installed.... do i need the extra app installed? I dont have yahoo installed, so....? Also, I have Google maps installed along with the Google moble app which has links to gmail and maps.... is this redundant? can I uninstall the gmail and google maps apps and my other email and google moble app work?

hope that makes sense.....
    11-04-10 10:42 PM
    It is way redundant (but with that screen name ..... )

The Google Mobile App is more than sufficient.
    11-04-10 10:55 PM
    lol... ya, I like the band (overkill)

anyway.... I was used to my setup on the 8310, I will delete the extra gmail and google maps apps...

thanks.
    11-04-10 11:00 PM
    Ok, I have three email addys programed into the Torch's mail system. I also have the gmail app installed.... do i need the extra app installed? I dont have yahoo installed, so....? Also, I have Google maps installed along with the Google moble app which has links to gmail and maps.... is this redundant? can I uninstall the gmail and google maps apps and my other email and google moble app work?

hope that makes sense.....
    It all depends. If you see no need for it delete it.

I use the Gmail app for its ability to compose, search for contacts, old emails, switch between multiple accounts, audible notifications for new mail, better UI, more functionality.

The Google Maps app and the web based mobile Google Maps (from Google Mobile app) are completely different; UI, functionality etc.
    Last edited by CASH; 11-04-10 at 11:13 PM.
    11-04-10 11:10 PM
    well... damn..... I guess I'll just try deleting them and see what the difference is... then reload if I need to...

thanks for the input.
    11-04-10 11:12 PM
    No problem. If you are thinking of getting rid of them to save space you can
    forget that. The 9800 has a ton of memory. I have so much stuff on this thing
    (65+ apps and a theme or two) and still have 300mb of free memory.
    11-04-10 11:13 PM
    It all depends. If you see no need for it delete it.

I use the Gmail app for its ability to compose, search for contacts, old emails, switch between multiple accounts, audible notifications for new mail, better UI, more functionality.

The Google Maps app and the web based mobile Google Maps (from Google Mobile app) are completely different; UI, functionality etc.
    Good point but if the GMail accounts "push" to the phone the default client
    can do that as well, so on balance it is still redundant I think.
    11-04-10 11:16 PM
    ya, that was exactly it... space.

anyway, I deleted them then loaded up moble apps. The gmail and maps icon were grayed out. I clicked on the maps icon and it imediately went to the download screen... guess that answered my question... and anyone else that may be wondering.... yes, with google mobile apps, you need the maps and gmail app installed also...
    11-04-10 11:17 PM
    That must be new. I don't recall that happening when I used the Mobile app but
    thanks for clarifying that
    11-04-10 11:22 PM
    That must be new. I don't recall that happening when I used the Mobile app but
    thanks for clarifying that
    Yea, I helped. the more I read, the more I play, the more I'll be able to contribute.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-04-10 11:28 PM
    Good point but if the GMail accounts "push" to the phone the default client
    can do that as well, so on balance it is still redundant I think.
    Is that all you got? XD

The Gmail app is still pretty handy (at least for me). If you have 10 email addresses on your BIS, you can add more to the Gmail app and those push/sync. Giving you way more than 10 email addys on your BB. I know most people only have 2-3 max, but I sometimes NEED to use more than that at any given time (school, work, personal, semi-public etc).
    11-04-10 11:32 PM
    I could not imagine the insanity of 10+ email address so for me this is a non-issue.
    It was also not anything intimated in the OP so it made no sense to go there.
    11-04-10 11:48 PM
    I could not imagine the insanity of 10+ email address so for me this is a non-issue.
    It was also not anything intimated in the OP so it made no sense to go there.
    Didn't know I "went there." I didn't mean to come off in such a negative way (or any negative way at all).

EDIT: BTW, can't wait to see this "New Awesome Title." Ahh, the perks of being a Mod.
    Last edited by CASH; 11-05-10 at 12:20 AM.
    11-05-10 12:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD