Mobipocket does not support the Torch yet. I am looking to re-read some of the classics available from Project Gutenberg. Any suggestions?
    12-28-10 03:31 PM
    Get the Kindle app for blackberry. It's Free
    And amazon's price for most books published before 1920 is ZERO so it's generally FREE.
    Enjoy reading!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    borockster likes this.
    12-28-10 04:05 PM
    mobipocket does work on torch I downloaded and it works fine for me. when i run the reader software on pc and connect via usb the mobipocket reader knows it is torch so I am not sure what problem you are having . I use mobipocket for public domain books and kindle for more current titles
    12-28-10 04:39 PM
    It did not list the torch as a supported device so I used the Storm version which would not download.

What version did you download? Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-28-10 04:44 PM
    I too use mobipocket on my Torch and just drag/drop .mobi files to my device.

Works perfect!

I believe I used the Storm version, and added it via BBSAK from the saved file from my Storm.

EDIT:

Just checked the version number on the Torch and it's
    Mobipocket Reader B080 Beta
    Version 6.0.0.080
    Last edited by skwij; 12-28-10 at 09:00 PM.
    12-28-10 08:57 PM
    I too use mobipocket on my Torch and just drag/drop .mobi files to my device.

Works perfect!

I believe I used the Storm version, and added it via BBSAK from the saved file from my Storm.

EDIT:

Just checked the version number on the Torch and it's
    Mobipocket Reader B080 Beta
    Version 6.0.0.080
    I just downloaded that exact version and the E-bookstore get's to 60% and has an error. I tried to use the Mobi FAQ from my PC but the page is down. Sheesh!

I'll just wait until Mobi realizes that the Torch exists...
    12-28-10 09:12 PM
    Just downloaded Kindle and it has several of the classics I am looking for. All free of course. Just got 2 of them OTA in under a minute. Very slick. Thanks Mark_Rivers19!!!
    12-28-10 09:30 PM
    Can you tell me what version of Kindle you have? I finally found a link and downloaded but I'm not sure it's up to date. The version I have on my phone says it's 1.0.0.68140194.
    I thought I saw a version that was 1.0.2 something or other but it had no link --it could have been for a different bb/os though.
    12-28-10 11:35 PM
    Try this mobipocket ver... Works perfect on my storm...

http://www.mobipocket.com/dev/beta/download/mobile4.7.0/mobireader.jad
    borockster likes this.
    12-28-10 11:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD