Hey All. Love the torch, but wondering about fixes for a few quirks.

First, the space bar on the touch screen seems to have problems registering when the suggested words box comes up. It makes me run 3 or 4 words together before I notice. Am I just tooo fast, ha!

Second, is there a way to stop the email/text choice box from coming up when you choose to send a text. Why would I want to send a text to an email or home #?

Third, how can I get a text icon at the bottom of the screen when looking at a contact. There is an email icon and a phone icon but no text icon, very annoying.

Thanks for any help
    Tom
    12-17-10 10:51 AM
    (1) Adjust the keboard speed. It defaults to Normal I think. Maybe change the spell checker type to corrective vs predictive.

(2). If in TXT messages and creating there is no prompt. If in email or Messages there is a prompt since all "message" types can report into the main "messages" folder.

(3). That is icon placement. On your homescreen select the TXT icon and choose move. Move it so it is one of the 5 icons at the top.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-17-10 11:19 AM
    Thanks for helping shansmi

Let me explain 2 and 3 better.
    3)when I go into contacts and pull one up, there are icons at the bottom of the screen for contact changes, phone, email, and delete. There is not an icon for sms

2)this issue is also from the contacts list; if I choose a contact then hit the berry button(since there is no text icon, see above) I can choose text, then it prompts me with a screen that has email and phone #s as choices

I havent looked at issue 1 yet but I will

I appreciate your help
    Thanks
    12-17-10 11:32 AM
    speeding up the keyboard for suggestion 1 really worked I guess it couldnt
    keep up with me before.

Thanks a lot, that was one of my biggest headaches
    12-17-10 11:37 AM
    As for the icons, go into contacts > options and ensure under recent activities SMS is selected. If it is not nothing will show for any contact.

12-17-10 11:40 AM
    Hey Sansmi,

I didnt know you could change what shows in recent activity. When you see the activity list should it be only activity from that contact?

Changing any of that doesnt affect the icons on the bottom of the screen when you pull up a contact.

I have a feeling that we cannot change that.

Quite an over sight on RIMS behalf.

What is the new software all about?
    12-17-10 03:22 PM
    No, you can change it. That is a global option for all contacts meaning if you uncheck email for example no email info will show up under recent activity for any contact you view. Changes should be real time however it may take a battery pull or device reset.

It may also be tied to Messages Integration. I keep all of my stuff seperate. I get email, sms. Meeting invites etc ( I just did a few tests between 9800s).

Last edited by shansmi; 12-17-10 at 03:47 PM.
    12-17-10 03:35 PM
    I love my Torch, only problem I am having is. Every once in awhile, I lose signal, it just turns it off. I have to go back in to manage my connections and turn them back on.

Anyone else having this problem?
    12-17-10 06:48 PM
    I love my Torch, only problem I am having is. Every once in awhile, I lose signal, it just turns it off. I have to go back in to manage my connections and turn them back on.

Anyone else having this problem?
    I had it with a beta operating system. Actually I didn't know I still had the beta installed until I connected to the desktop manager and just went ahead and upgraded to the official update.
    12-17-10 06:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD