Hey guys, as you may or may not know the Torch is about to launch in the UK and I'm due an upgrade but there's one question I'd like to ask.

At present my contract is expired so I can leave with just a months notice at any time but it seems that all contracts now are a 24 months and rarely 18 months, so I obviously want to be sure before I tie myself.

I'm running a 9700 at the moment so I'm happy with Blackberry and familiar with the way they operate etc but my question is regarding the new social feeds app.

I'm not a big fan of the layout and interface of Twitter for Blackberry (RIM's app) but I love Seemsic for Blackberry which is the Twitter client I use on my BB 9700. Can anyone please confirm (preferably by testing) whether you can incorporate Seemsic for BB into Social Feeds or whether you are forced to use Twitter for BB?

I'm obviously planning on going to a store and having a play with the phone to see how it feels in the hand etc but I doubt they'll let me play with it with a live SIM card to install Seesmic and try and integrate it into Social Feed before I take away a phone. Being an upgrade I don't get the 14 days to return and cancel the new contract either so I want to know the answer to this question before I make the decision to commit to an excessively long contract.
    09-25-10 09:37 AM
    I believe only apps that are created by RIM can access the social feeds... I will download and try it out to be sure

It doesn't access the social feed but they haven't released a new version all I could find was the one for 5.0 os
    Last edited by jstarett; 09-25-10 at 10:14 AM.
    09-25-10 10:05 AM
    Only Twitter, BlackBerry Messenger, Google Talk & RSS feeds are incorporated into the social feeds.
    09-25-10 11:30 AM
    Thanks for the replies guys.

Unless the device absolutely impresses me when I get it in my hands I think I'll be keeping the 9700 and eventually installing BB6 on there when a leak comes available.
    09-25-10 06:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD