Saw this feature on a another device and am looking towards getting the torch.

On the webkit browser if you open a website in a tab and it starts loading, if you then open another tab before its fully loaded would the first one you opened continue to load in the background or would it wait for you to go back to that tab to finish loading?

not a deal breaker by any means but kind of interested as Im doing a lot of research for my upgrade. Wouldnt be such a big deal if you could still do 12 month contracts but with 18-24 month deals im just looking at all details.
    02-09-11 08:15 AM
    Yes, the original tab should continue loading in the background.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-09-11 08:19 AM
    Yes, it will continue loading.

I don't know what kind of deals Orange provides for contracts, but usually the reason you get the phone so cheap is they make you pay for 2 years worth of service, that's how they recoup the loss they take on the phone when they sell it to you so cheap.
    02-09-11 08:39 AM
    Thanks Guys

Thats good news. yeah I'm aware why they have the 2 year deals but it then makes the decision tougher which phone to pick considering I have to have it twice as long.

I saw this feature while researching the HTC Desire HD and just wondered if it would work on Torch and am glad to hear it does.

Ive narrowed to down to the Torch, desire HD or Ip4. Ive kind of ruled out the iphone 4 as I have an itouch already. I love my itouch and since my curve broke at end of last year I've been browing on it a lot at home (when not wanting to pick up laptop) and do like the browser, but when playing with the iphone it just doesnt seem that different than my itouch and when i get a new phone I want some difference (strange I know). I'm aware it can do more stuff but I know I`m not gonna use all the features. plus its expensive.

The screen of the Desire HD is appealing and the suppossed better internet speeds. But having loved my curve and emailing a lot and bbming a fair bit (when I had it) and a fair bit of browsing. I`m still leaning towards the torch............ I think. Don't tend to use a load of apps but If im gonna play some games, podcasts, videos I can leave that to my touch.

Anyway I know I`ve now gone way off topic.

Heres to spending the next three weeks watching youtube videos and reading reviews lol.
    02-09-11 09:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD