As a previous Curve and Tour owner and now a proud owner (I hope) of a brand new Torch, I'm trying to ween myself off of my old ways of always depending on my QWERTY hot keys and wonder if anyone has a good way to use Quick Launch on the Torch.

I'm not even sure if I can figure out a way within this new version of Quick Launch to assign it to a convenience key unless I just haven't looked hard enough yet. Is that the only way? I haven't found many themes but don't know if any out there support any kind of hot key ways of having Quick Launch, uh, launch without bringing up the menu and hitting the actual icon which, to me, defeats the purpose of having it.

I love my new BB but I'm trying hard to break my old BB habits and am surprised at just how many of them I actually have!
    10-28-10 11:43 PM
    I have QL assigned to the Convenience Key and SPACE from Home Screens.

For setting the Home Screen shortcut, open QL, click MENU, select QL Options, scroll down past weather code, past conv key / volume key, and there's Home Screen shortcut.

To assign QL globally to a Conv Key is not done through the app, but through device options. Launch either Universal Search or Options app, and type "conv" to see the option to set the Side Convenience Key.

Also, remember you can also make QL a global menu item. That setting is also in QL Options.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    jay_vw likes this.
    10-29-10 01:06 AM
    I have QL assigned to the Convenience Key and SPACE from Home Screens.

For setting the Home Screen shortcut, open QL, click MENU, select QL Options, scroll down past weather code, past conv key / volume key, and there's Home Screen shortcut.

To assign QL globally to a Conv Key is not done through the app, but through device options. Launch either Universal Search or Options app, and type "conv" to see the option to set the Side Convenience Key.

Also, remember you can also make QL a global menu item. That setting is also in QL Options.

Thanks for this advice...helped me sort out my QL question too..
    10-29-10 03:53 AM
    My pleasure. There's just so much packed into QL that it can easily get confusing!

10-29-10 04:11 AM
    I too was having the same issue. Knew I'd seen it, just forgot where....
    Really trying to take all in that QL is capable of doing.
    01-28-11 11:19 PM
    I had purchased QL for my 9700. I now use a Torch and a 9780 and they Both refuse to download it. The app store tells me it's not available for my device. Any advice? Thx

01-28-11 11:25 PM
    I've been disappointed in QuickLaunch since getting my torch because the multi clicks no longer work. When that gets fixed, I hope to use it more again.

01-29-11 12:07 AM
    huh? multiclick works in all versions on all devices.
    first time i've heard that.
    01-29-11 02:34 AM
    I too was having the same issue. Knew I'd seen it, just forgot where....
    Really trying to take all in that QL is capable of doing.
    Since this thread back in October, another app has been published that IMO makes the 1-Convenience-Key-life of a Torch owner a little more bearable.

Shao introduced 2 different apps, SixTools and ExtraKeys. Both give the option of adding up to 3 additional Convenience Keys to the Torch: Volume Up & Down and the MUTE key (top right).
    If I recall, ExtraKeys is $2.99 and only does this.
    SixTools is $3.99 I believe, and offers a bunch of extra features & functions for $1 more. Definitely worth the extra buck!

I hated having QL on the two-stage Right Conv Key meant for the Camera. I'm a power-user of QL, and my thumb was starting to hurt from that button!
    Now I can launch QL with my Volume Up key or SPACE on the Home Screen.

These apps work for all devices, but I highly recommend for all my fellow Torch-bearers.
    01-29-11 06:16 AM
    I had purchased QL for my 9700. I now use a Torch and a 9780 and they Both refuse to download it. The app store tells me it's not available for my device. Any advice?
    Have you updated the device listed in your Mobihand account? You can do it from device, but it's a ton easier to do on your PC. After you're notified back that they've switched you, you might need to sign in to your account page on more time and manually change the app version(s), which you'll now have the option to do.

If you're still having an issue, email QL's developer Nikkisoft, aka CheetahAce here on CB.
    Don't contact him through CB, use this email:
    nikkisoft.support@gmail.com

He's extremely responsive, but do try going through the App Store first.
    01-29-11 06:25 AM
    Have you updated the device listed in your Mobihand account? You can do it from device, but it's a ton easier to do on your PC. After you're notified back that they've switched you, you might need to sign in to your account page on more time and manually change the app version(s), which you'll now have the option to do.

If you're still having an issue, email QL's developer Nikkisoft, aka CheetahAce here on CB.
    Don't contact him through CB, use this email:
    nikkisoft.support@gmail.com

He's extremely responsive, but do try going through the App Store first.
    You're super kind. Thank-You.

01-29-11 06:59 AM
    No problem & good luck!
    01-29-11 07:25 AM
    huh? multiclick works in all versions on all devices.
    first time i've heard that.
    Sorry, to be specific, it doesn't support using "lock device" in the multi clicks anymore, which bums me out. I still use it, just not through my convenience key.

01-29-11 07:30 AM
    +1 sixtools! The sixtools / QL combo are must haves for the Torch. Also, the paid Patternlock let's you set the lock button so that actually works as it should. My worry now is the OS upgrades "fixing" things we've already found workarounds for!

01-29-11 07:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD