Hi all! I am a brand new BB user and so far love it But I am confused by the button on the torch that is on the right side of the top. I thought it was to put the phone in silent mode quickly but when I push it nothing happens. Any thoughts
    11-20-10 05:30 PM
    It is for when listening to music or videos, it should silent then and pause the file. It isn't for the call alerts, just click the speaker icon on the homescreen and scroll to silent.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-20-10 05:37 PM
    You can press the letter Q to switch quickly from you current profile to vibrate. But there is no quick letter for silent :-)

11-20-10 05:40 PM
    Nd if it's not already obvious, you can change the behavior of the Vibrate profile to behave as silent if you prefer and then hold the 'q' key to quickly change to that profile.

11-20-10 05:43 PM
    no but they honestly, RIM, across all devices, do need a global silent mode button

the last thing i was watching on my browser was a streaming episode of chapelle show I then went into a meeting. went to reference something on the web, and everyone heard the n word blurt out of my phone (even though i was on silent)

and all the mute button does (which you instinctively reach for) is pause, it but when you click on the screen it just resumes play!
    11-20-10 05:46 PM
    Oh, okay! Thanks so much guys!
    11-20-10 06:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD