You all are probably gonna get annoyed by me posting this. But i gotta have help. be honest, by the way.
    I was gonna get a bold 9700 from at&t. but now they don't even sell them anymore. I have an iPhone 3G at the moment. And It's time for my upgrade. So now it's down to iPhone 4 or torch. Which one is better with everything? I kind of want something new and all. but I don't really like sliders...
    01-14-11 05:36 PM
    What do you want to do with the phone?

On a side note.
    You can usually buy a 9700 on Amazon with an upgrade.
    Usually free or super cheap.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-14-11 05:56 PM
    Twitter, texting, facebook, some calling here and there, and also I need some good battery life. and multitasking.
    01-14-11 05:59 PM
    Omg. I knew someone from 3-5th grade with the name samantha rose.

Um.

Looks like an iPhone. Minus texting.
    Twitter for BB is alright.
    FB for BB is... Lower than par.
    Bat life is... Well depends on what you use it for.

Technically the iPhone will beat the Torch but it has BBM and more battery life.
    I think. With an extended battery. I recommend buying a 9700 from someone else. Like wirefly or crackberry. l

01-14-11 06:10 PM
    I have blackberry for many years and now I have Torch. Slider is so so but the rest is wonderful. Guess what? I just got iphone for free and free service for a year. It is special customers. Not all. anyway I played with it for two weeks and I still love my Torch. I understand now why people love iphones are because of apps, internet fast, videos, facetime and tango. They are neat BUT, emails are soooo slow and exgerrate, you have to press to open then again open the mail icon,etc. It is really wasting my time.
    Blackberry is professional phone to phone and fasst email like really serious mobile phone. Iphone to me is like a toy and fun to play with. You decide what best suit you.
    I enjoy iphone for fun only but emails suck! I relay on emails or calls. I just wish to add tango and facetime on torch then perfect and I will satisfy 100 percent.

5 things are negative on iphone:

1. only one button
    2. no qwerty
    3. lousy emails (wont show unmarked msg until you open mail then it runs the delivery then appear. you have to wait)
    4. NO LED light when ring or vibration
    5. no vibration options!!

Hope it helps!
    01-14-11 06:24 PM
    You all are probably gonna get annoyed by me posting this. But i gotta have help. be honest, by the way.
    I was gonna get a bold 9700 from at&t. but now they don't even sell them anymore. I have an iPhone 3G at the moment. And It's time for my upgrade. So now it's down to iPhone 4 or torch. Which one is better with everything? I kind of want something new and all. but I don't really like sliders...
    Neither of them is better at everything.

do you want immediately notified of emails with lights flashing in case if you missed it? Do you want bb messenger?
    Get the torch

do you want all sorts of extra tools in apps (measuring devices, games, travel checking, google earth, movies, extra space etc) and do you want the most hardware accessory support (speaker systems, alarm clocks, sleeves, holders, remote controls etc)
    Get the iphone4.

Either way you will be sacrificing one or another advantage (or disadvantage).
    01-14-11 06:28 PM
    Seriously? LOL. Odd cause I switched schools at 4th grade.
    But I've read reviews that iPhone goes 7 hours and the blackberry torch goes 5. is the bold better then the torch though?
    01-14-11 06:34 PM
    do you think it'd be a smart choice to just get an iTouch and a torch?
    01-14-11 07:02 PM
    that would be perfect... because the iTouch will have all the functions everyone LOVES about the iPhone and the Torch is usable.
    01-14-11 07:21 PM
    That's what I've got. Would never give up my touch or my torch.
    01-14-11 07:55 PM
    that would be perfect... because the iTouch will have all the functions everyone LOVES about the iPhone and the Torch is usable.
    Hahahahahaaaa.

Torch is usable. :P

01-14-11 07:57 PM
    is the torch's call quality decent?
    01-14-11 08:10 PM
    The call quality on the torch is great for mine! But i guess it does depend somewhat on the service provider..
    And the torch's battery life is outstanding for mine too! It lasts an avg of 2 days with moderate usage
    01-14-11 09:26 PM
    Get the torch I try the I4 and it was not for me.
    No qwerty, no led, no bbm, email are slow, and for fast typing I need the qwert

Buy for fun app is great actually I'm planning on getting a touch.

01-14-11 10:16 PM
    Seriously? LOL. Odd cause I switched schools at 4th grade.
    But I've read reviews that iPhone goes 7 hours and the blackberry torch goes 5. is the bold better then the torch though?
    Just to chime in on the battery life issue....

My day starts at about 0530 and ends at roughly 2300 or midnight. During that time I send/receive roughly 200 texts/emails, make or take about 30 calls, read an e-book for about 45 minutes at lunch, and listen to music for about 1.5 hours in the evening. I usually get "online" a few times during the day as well.

Having said all that....My Torch always has at least 25% batt life left when I park it at night. Your mileage may vary but that's what I get....
    01-15-11 06:48 AM
    The battery on the torch can be a small issue depending on your usage. With that being said, any phone's battery can be an issue depending on usage. If it makes it through your day, then no issue.
    01-15-11 07:38 AM
    no led,

You know technically the ip4 does have an LED.

It turns on when you activate Voice control..
    People use voice control when they aren't looking at their phones. :Facepalm:

I read that somewhere^
    I have not confirmed but a few people have.

01-15-11 07:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD