Do you think a 9700 with os 6 would be equally as good as the torch? Or is the torch really worth it? Ive had the 9700 but someting happened and its time for a new blackberry lol. So like overall torch vs 9700 in terms of battery life, mp3 player, and overall feel
    10-06-10 08:16 PM
    I thought I'd just use the Torch physical keyboard/trackpad all the time like a 9700 w/ a big screen...now that I've had it for a while, I find I'm using the touch screen far more that I thought. Scrolling thru a bunch of tweets and what-not is nicer with the touch screen.

I feel OS6 is geared more to the touch screen overall, tried trackpad only at first but have a much better experience as time goes by and I'm using all the input options available.

Long story short, (IMO) no, I don't think the 9700 would be as good (as the Torch) w/ OS6.

(I was worried abt. battery life but it was for nothing..slightly less than my 9700 but only slightly)
    10-06-10 09:34 PM
    I upgraded from my 9700 on launch day and have never looked back. Having just upgraded to OS .246 had made the experience much better. The touchscreen, trakpad and QWERTY keyboard make device navigation and web browsing much better. The keyboard is better and the screen is larger. Who knows when the 9700 will get OS 6? Take the plunge. You won't regret it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-06-10 09:41 PM
    There is a 9780 due in october, which is basically 9700 with OS6 and 5mp camera. I have just changed from 9700 to 9800 and overall I'm happy with it. The only little thing is typing, the keyboard doesn't feel as nice as 9700 but not quite used to touch screen keyboard yet as still on day 1

10-06-10 09:53 PM
    I got the Torch on launch day, went back to the 9700 two weeks later. I thought I could "get by" with OS6 on the 9700 and then I started to see some videos with the 9700 with OS6 and I was disappointed. Mainly, the OS6 on 9700 will eat up a vast majority of the app memory and I agree with the earlier poster that OS6 is targeted for touch screens.

Needless to say, after I went through an army of problematic 9700's, I am back on the Torch and I glad I am. The latest OS build seems to fix all that made me return it in the first place. I was also anti-touch screen but ever since returning to the 9800, I love it. I have had no lag, no dropped calls, the screen looks great and I still get my BB keyboard. It's a great phone, regardless of what the Gizmodo Andriod homers claim.

10-07-10 01:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD