If you're connected to your service provider (for example AT&T) and to a router, and you're surfing the web or doing something online, does Blackberry make the default connection the Wi-fi connection? If not, is there a setting to make it the default connection to use if you're connected to both your service provider and a Wi-Fi hotspot?
    01-16-11 12:52 PM
    It works that way for me. If I have my Wi-Fi connected and try to browse, it will use the Wi-Fi.
    01-16-11 01:01 PM
    It depends on the application yoy are using. Not all applications support wifi. For example LBS for BerryWeather updates are done over the cellular network then the remaining data will be over the "best" connection since BW supports wifi.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-16-11 02:56 PM
    +1 shansmi.
    01-16-11 03:03 PM
    if you go into moblie network options you can choose from the dropdown if you want wifi preferred when available. Then you can see from the BB logo in which data it is using when you are connected
    01-16-11 03:09 PM
    if you go into moblie network options you can choose from the dropdown if you want wifi preferred when available. Then you can see from the BB logo in which data it is using when you are connected
    I don't have that drop down option under Mobile Network Options...

01-17-11 01:37 AM
    if it says your network name of your wifi next to cell network you are connected wifi
    01-20-11 06:31 PM
    I don't have that drop down option under Mobile Network Options...

The option you're referring to seems to be available to Canadian (and possibly UK) providers only... Bell, Telus, Rogers etc. AT&T does _not_ offer this option.

01-20-11 07:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD