Hi everyone

Loving my Torch - have a newbie question.

I see a software update notification icon on my screen - clicked on it, checked for software update and it shows that there is an update Version 6.0 Bundle 695

1) Do you see any issues if I upgrade wirelessly, directly from my Torch, or should I download update to my PC and upgrade PC ---> Torch? If you recommend the PC --> Torch way, I'm not sure how to do this.

2) If anyone upgraded straight from your Torch - how long did this upgrade take? I do have home wi-fi - if that speeds things up.

3) Once the upgrade is done, is there anything I have to do to my Torch (restart, reboot, etc)

This is my first time upgrading. I would prefer to simply update right from my Torch - but thought I would ask some questions first!

Thanks in advance!
    10-13-10 11:05 AM
    I used to do wireless updates with my 9700 and it was never a problem. Took about 20 minutes and it rebooted on its own when it is done.
    10-13-10 11:09 AM
    I did the update the other day, and (I was'nt watching) it seemed to take less than an hour. First if you say go, it will download the update to your device (approx 12MB it said). Then you will get a prompt to either start the update immediately, or delay until later. I did the immediate late one night and came back an hour later and it was complete, having rebooted if I recall correctly.

So, do the wireless update for ease and allow an hour before you can use the device again. However, it is ALWAYS a good idea to have a good backup on your PC.
    10-13-10 12:54 PM
    Wireless updates work well for me as well. Cuts down on data usage as well.
    10-13-10 01:06 PM
    I did mine OTA via 3G today. Took close to an hour, but DAMN! What a difference. My phone is noticeably faster now!!! No more lags between screens or other slowdowns whatsoever.
    10-14-10 12:32 PM
    Update: After reading your responses and some guidance from a crackberry genius (thank you again!), I upgraded OTA via Wi-fi without any problems. It was very fast - maybe 10-15 minutes from beginning to end.

I highly recommend the upgrade - I do notice faster scrolling between screens and I think my browser pages load faster. Very happy with the upgrade!
    10-14-10 11:25 PM
    Glad to see your update was successful. The OS .246 was definitely a welcome one. I tend to only update when there is an official update. If you are ever tempted to try a leaked OS update, the process should fairly easy. When you download the leaked OS, delete the vendor xml file.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-15-10 07:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD