Thinking about doing a factory restore to load .246 cleanly. Running .225 at the moment. What is the best way for me to do the reset (do I need to downgrade to .141 first?)...and can I then restore my backed up data to the new OS so that my enterprise service is reactivated etc (like in an ordinary OS upgrade)? Thanks!
    10-01-10 07:25 AM
    See the link in my signature at the bottom of this post: "simple upgrade procedure".

This method will automatically reactivate your BES.
    10-01-10 09:56 AM
    See the link in my signature at the bottom of this post: "simple upgrade procedure".

This method will automatically reactivate your BES.
    Thanks, but that's not what I had in mind...I know how to do an upgrade...what I want to do is start from scratch...get my unit to its out of box state, install .246, then restore my stuff. How can I do that? Thanks!
    10-01-10 11:02 AM
    Thanks, but that's not what I had in mind...I know how to do an upgrade...what I want to do is start from scratch...get my unit to its out of box state, install .246, then restore my stuff. How can I do that? Thanks!
    Well first off you should know that apploader automatically wipes your device before it installs the OS for you - then it restores your apps and backup file for you. You can always just choose the option not to restore automatically - that way it will wipe, install the OS, and leave it at that.

If you really want to do it on your own for some reason, you can use the "Wipe" button in BBSAK - that will wipe your device to a 507 error. Then you can run loader.exe and install the OS.
    10-01-10 02:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD