Well according to a leak by Crackberry we'll see the monaco in Q3 of 2011 round july or august 2011.

well at least we know right?

Plus specs are posted too

Happy waiting!

Source: Exclusive: CDMA BlackBerry Roadmap 2011 - Montana, Monaco, Sedona, Malibu, BlackBerry 6.1 Evolution and more! | CrackBerry.com
    Last edited by mrlee7; 01-27-11 at 05:59 PM.
    01-27-11 05:54 PM
    This device is going to rock!!! It seems like the perfect touchscreen Blackberry..I really hope it comes to Sprint and doesn't become yet another Verizon exclusive.
    01-27-11 06:28 PM
    im sorry culex but i hope just the opposite or actualy i hope its on both to be honest i just Love BBs in general and i think evryone should get to enjoy them you know like i would love a torch but im on VZW i love my storm 2 tho so its ok im excited for this phone and the playbook too but this phone i hope is atleast on VZW
    01-27-11 07:09 PM
    quarter 3 and rimms quarter3 are different the caLENDER QUARTER AND RIMMS QUARTER ARENT THE SAME
    01-27-11 07:20 PM
    there is a fiscal and calender quarter. not a "rimm quarter 3" I am guessing this is calender year though, not fiscal. fiscal would be off a month later.
    01-27-11 07:27 PM
    quarter 3 and rimms quarter3 are different the caLENDER QUARTER AND RIMMS QUARTER ARENT THE SAME
    tumer,

I did consider that, but after looking at the "road map" and the months clarified on the specific product slides seem to follow a calender year.

Also this is meant to outline CDMA carrier release, so a calendar year would be common for both carriers and RIM to go by.

Usually fiscal year mainly refers to the end of the accounting period(s), and tax cut-off(s). I don't think they use it for product time lines.

That's just my thinking could be wrong.
    01-27-11 07:48 PM
    This device is going to be great... I just think Q3 (meaning Fall I'm guessing) is really late. My S2 is barely hanging on as it is, and I don't think many people are going to wait that long for this device.

With the specs the Monaco is touting as a touch screen, the phone should have been released this month to handle competition....

Gotta say though, the specs and pictures of the Monaco look absolutely AMAZING. I just really hope its released before summer!!!

(also... not sure why, but sensors was spelled "Seonsors" on the Monaco information picture...)
    Last edited by SaMaster14; 01-27-11 at 09:08 PM.
    01-27-11 09:01 PM
    This device is going to rock!!! It seems like the perfect touchscreen Blackberry..I really hope it comes to Sprint and doesn't become yet another Verizon exclusive.
    I doubt this will be a verizon exclusive. I think RIM wants to make this available to as many customers as possible. And, also, it is rumored that Sprint is testing their version right now.

I think a GSM version is likely in the US too eventually.

I'm thinking RIM would like to do what samsung did with the Galaxy S line making the product highly available to both wireless networks, and carriers. It's worked well for them.

That's just my theory of course.
    01-27-11 09:46 PM
    This device is going to be great... I just think Q3 (meaning Fall I'm guessing) is really late. My S2 is barely hanging on as it is, and I don't think many people are going to wait that long for this device.

With the specs the Monaco is touting as a touch screen, the phone should have been released this month to handle competition....

Gotta say though, the specs and pictures of the Monaco look absolutely AMAZING. I just really hope its released before summer!!!

(also... not sure why, but sensors was spelled "Seonsors" on the Monaco information picture...)
    try hanging on to a Storm 1 until then. I think that's exactly what I'm going to do though. NO reason to lock myself into another 2 years with ANY of today's phones when next gen BB's are months away.
    01-27-11 11:38 PM
    try hanging on to a Storm 1 until then. I think that's exactly what I'm going to do though. NO reason to lock myself into another 2 years with ANY of today's phones when next gen BB's are months away.
    My hat off to you. I couldn't continue using my storm 1. I had to restart it a few times a day because opening an app would overwhelm the 128 of ram..

Luckly I had a family member who didn't care about their upgrade, and I used it to get the 9550..

Well At least you will have to good devices to choose from the bold and the manaco.
    01-27-11 11:47 PM
    I have the storm one too, and my contract is up in July. Was seriously thinking androi. Not so much now this phone is sexy looking. It may not have the highest specs but I think it'll be more than enough to plz me afterall I'm still using a storm one heheheheh

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-28-11 07:53 AM
    So what months do rims quarters fall on? The implications aren't good; playbook's Q1 release may not mean by March... Which is what a hungry bb fanbase is holding them to.... This could be nasty.

"We never said it would be out by March, we said Q1. Our Q1."

01-28-11 08:36 AM
    My hat off to you. I couldn't continue using my storm 1. I had to restart it a few times a day because opening an app would overwhelm the 128 of ram..

Luckly I had a family member who didn't care about their upgrade, and I used it to get the 9550..

Well At least you will have to good devices to choose from the bold and the manaco.
    I wish I had a 9550. I'm happy with my Storm 1 but now I'm reading that if I don't use my upgrade within 6 months I lose it? I was due in December...

I have the storm one too, and my contract is up in July. Was seriously thinking androi. Not so much now this phone is sexy looking. It may not have the highest specs but I think it'll be more than enough to plz me afterall I'm still using a storm one heheheheh

Yea if you are up in July you are golden. Perfect timing to see what's getting released, when, and maybe some feedback on the Bionic, etc. FWIW I would take the Monaco over anything that's been spec'd rumoured etc.

Also, if you are having any memory leak or low memory problems on your Storm... try this http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/i-j...memory-575496/
    01-28-11 08:38 AM
    I wish I had a 9550. I'm happy with my Storm 1 but now I'm reading that if I don't use my upgrade within 6 months I lose it? I was due in December...

Yea if you are up in July you are golden. Perfect timing to see what's getting released, when, and maybe some feedback on the Bionic, etc. FWIW I would take the Monaco over anything that's been spec'd rumoured etc.

Also, if you are having any memory leak or low memory problems on your Storm... try this http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/i-j...memory-575496/

Whoa where is this information? My S1 is fine for me now but I really want to wait. I do not think the discount of $50 is worth that much but we shall see.
    01-28-11 10:26 AM
    So what months do rims quarters fall on? The implications aren't good; playbook's Q1 release may not mean by March... Which is what a hungry bb fanbase is holding them to.... This could be nasty.

"We never said it would be out by March, we said Q1. Our Q1."

in RIM's announcment is Clearly stated Calendar First quarter 2011

Fiscal first quarter 2011 was May 2010 FYI
    Research In Motion - Investor Events

All dates MUST be calendar because RIM's Fiscal is not 1 month different but 10 Months different

NOW all that said I don't know how much I agree with the road map, the 9330 came out Q4 2010, not Q1 2011, so theoretically everything can be shifted 1 quarter ealier
    01-28-11 11:46 AM

NOW all that said I don't know how much I agree with the road map, the 9330 came out Q4 2010, not Q1 2011, so theoretically everything can be shifted 1 quarter ealier
    From your post to someone's ears with the ability to make it happen.

Love the Monaco - but how bout the Montanna. That is a fracking beast of a device! Damn - even the touch curve is fi'ng sexy. Not for me but the wifey would love it. Unfortunately for RIM, she has her heart set on the 4G Thunderbolt.
    01-28-11 11:58 AM
    I hope everything is released earlier... but the crackberry leaked info says FCS for Monaco is July-August 2011.

Again, hope its earlier...
    01-28-11 01:36 PM
    As you see by the chart. Its split into 1st half of the quarter, devices on top, and second half. Those saying the 9300 was 4th quarter 2010, is true, but it was last half of fourth. But it is a very simple product released to an easy going provider without a bad history of RIM products. RIM is typically late, especially on VZW, especially after the 9530 deabacle. I would look for the Monaco no earlier than August. These devices will be all over BB world in May.
    01-28-11 01:44 PM
    You gotta remember what you're looking at... the leaked slides were for a CDMA roadmap for a "regional north american cdma carrier"... aka, not Verizon/Sprint. Regional carriers get stuff later than the big guys typically, so hopefully the timeline is moved up slightly. Q1 for the PlayBook is still a go as far as we all know.

Also, keep in mind that Monaco is CDMA full touchscreen and Monza is GSM version. Doesn't look like this time around VZW has a Storm exclusive. So hopefully you'll be seeing the devices hit a bit sooner than the leaks.
    01-28-11 03:55 PM

Awesome. Thanks for chiming in. I know I am not alone in hoping that these devices are intro'd at MWC, rather than BB world in May. If they can get here end Q1 begining Q2, I will be first in line.
    01-28-11 04:03 PM
    I too would love to get the Monza or S3 whatever they name it sooner then later. I noticed my 9700 isn't holding up as well as my 8310 did. I have gone through a keyboard already and a battery cover. I don't think it will make it to August. I don't know how you are supposed to keep the same phone for 3 years anymore.
    01-28-11 04:33 PM
    2 years. I think is max. And with the rate of change/progression, there is a great deal of change in devices year to year. Well most devices.
    01-28-11 04:36 PM
    You gotta remember what you're looking at... the leaked slides were for a CDMA roadmap for a "regional north american cdma carrier"... aka, not Verizon/Sprint. Regional carriers get stuff later than the big guys typically, so hopefully the timeline is moved up slightly. Q1 for the PlayBook is still a go as far as we all know.

Also, keep in mind that Monaco is CDMA full touchscreen and Monza is GSM version. Doesn't look like this time around VZW has a Storm exclusive. So hopefully you'll be seeing the devices hit a bit sooner than the leaks.
    Thanks for the info.
    Also we have heard rumors of a vzw spring release.
    Hope that holds up!!

01-28-11 07:32 PM

Great point! Gives us more hope

MWC! PLEASE
    01-28-11 08:04 PM

Reading this made me tear up a bit, I can't wait!
    01-28-11 08:19 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD