I notice that the screen blacks out when the sensor is covered during all calls that I receive or make when I don't use any of the keys for speed dial. If I do make a call using speed dial, the sensor doesn't work.

Anybody have this same issue??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-17-10 11:46 AM
    I had the same issue from day 1 with the original AT&T .141 O/S all the way to the official .246 from Rogers. I just upgraded to the the latest leaked O/S (.337) and the problem is now gone but the odd thing is my wife's Torch which we bought at the exact same time did not have that issue at all
    11-17-10 12:38 PM
    That's so weird. I have .337 installed....

11-17-10 01:21 PM
    has anyone solved this problem. i have the same problem and i find that the proximity sensor doesn't work only after making a call with the speed dial.

the sensor works perfectly after dialing manually or choosing a contact from the address book.

i have .246 and tried .337. i also tried removing my screen protector and still didn't work.

i also found out that the sensor works fine if i put the phone in silent/vibrate mode.

any thoughts?
    12-30-10 03:15 PM
    The sensor is crap on mine too. I updated to .337 and still have this problem. Sometimes it works, and other times I'm accidentally muting calls because the damn screen stays on. I didn't notice the source of the problem to be speed-dialed calls, but I'll definitely test that theory. It would make sense because I frequently use one-touch speed-dials.

Edit: You're right, it is only when I use the speed-dials. How hard could that be for RIM to fix?! This is ridiculous that we've gone so long without a firmware update.

Last edited by seaners; 12-30-10 at 08:01 PM.
    12-30-10 04:16 PM
    just fixed the problem. i upgraded my sim card to a 3G sim card and it's fixed. my phone is working perfectly now.

hope this helps you guys.
    12-31-10 05:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD