Basically, i'll keep this short and sweet - Need a good protective cover for my Torch which will do a great job and look amazing at the same time! Also a good screen protector... ummm i'm in UK so i'd only be buying from places in UK, but preferably Amazon if possible? Would like to know your expert opinions!

Regards,
    Chohan

P.S. My Torch is Black... just incase you wanted to know
    04-15-11 07:52 PM
    Look up the Invisi-Shield for screen protecting. It's amazing and it has pieces to cover up pretty much the whole phone too without it getting any wider so you can put it in your pocket or a small space and you can still use a carrying case if you want as well.
    04-15-11 07:57 PM
    my vote is invisible shield (zagg) for the body, NOTHING for the glass.

yes, i said "GLASS".

i had IS protection on my torch's glass for about 3 months. as soon as it was confirmed that the torch's screen was in FACT made of glass, and people tested the durability, i ripped that sucker off and never looked back. 3 months later, carrying it carefully in my pocket (with no change, keys, etc. of course), and wiping off finger prints to my heart's content (with microfiber, dress-shirt sleeve, t-shirt, jeans, etc.), not ONE scratch! and it looks SO much better WITHOUT the IS and is so much more responsive!

give it a go! GO COMMANDO!!

04-15-11 08:07 PM
    my vote is invisible shield (zagg) for the body, NOTHING for the glass.

yes, i said "GLASS".

i had IS protection on my torch's glass for about 3 months. as soon as it was confirmed that the torch's screen was in FACT made of glass, and people tested the durability, i ripped that sucker off and never looked back. 3 months later, carrying it carefully in my pocket (with no change, keys, etc. of course), and wiping off finger prints to my heart's content (with microfiber, dress-shirt sleeve, t-shirt, jeans, etc.), not ONE scratch! and it looks SO much better WITHOUT the IS and is so much more responsive!

give it a go! GO COMMANDO!!

I do agree that it looks better without the IS and is definitely easier to use the touch screen I just don't trust myself to not crack or scratch it so I keep it on.
    04-15-11 08:20 PM
    If you don't mind a little bulk, the AGF GLRT case looks like it belongs on the torch when closed and looks like it is the torch when open. I have a screen protector on, but don't know the brand. It is similiar to what ships with the Otterbox iPad defender case, but I don't know who makes it. It is a stiff screen cover and hasn't reduced the responsivity of the phone. I have only had this case one day, so my experience with it is limited, but so far, I am totally impressed. Good luck with your search.
    04-15-11 09:54 PM
    I have the Incipio Feather case. No screen protector. The Feather case is very thin and stylish (in black, at least). Comes with a lifetime warranty and works well.
    04-16-11 01:34 AM
    As a screen protector is did use a special one. For some reason i didn't get it fit properly so after a few weeks i replaced it by cutting up a ipad protective sheet. This is so much better and much responsive, than a native one. So buy a cheap ipad sheet and cut it up. You must have more than one appliance with touch screen?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-16-11 02:37 AM
    Thank you all very much for the suggestions. Constantly, people have said the Zagg InvisibleShield and I've been very close to purchasing it, however i am very unsure on which one - the "Full Body" one or the "Maximum Protection" one. I was looking at the "Full Body" one originally, but obviously wanted Maximum Protection, so when i was deciding to go for the other one, i was told it is very difficult to install? Anyways, if possible then could you show me the recommendations through Amazon or something? Thanks
    04-16-11 06:15 AM

This what i use. Nice snug fit and no need for a screen protector.
    04-16-11 06:25 AM
    Check on ebay for very good prices.
    04-16-11 08:03 AM
    Get a AGF GRT is the best cases for the torch it will feel more solid.
    For the screen go commando.

04-16-11 08:12 AM
    I'll definitely have a look at the AGF GRT - right now i'm in 2 minds about which one of the InvisibleShield.... either the "Full Body" one or the "Maximum Protection" one, i heard about the haqrder installation, but how hard it can it be? here are some examples:
    ZAGG InvisibleShield Maximum Protection Screen Scratch Guard for BlackBerry Torch 9800: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

or

ZAGG Invisible Shield Full Body Screen Protector Scratch Guard for BlackBerry Torch 9800: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics
    04-16-11 11:19 AM
    I'll definitely have a look at the AGF GRT - right now i'm in 2 minds about which one of the InvisibleShield.... either the "Full Body" one or the "Maximum Protection" one, i heard about the haqrder installation, but how hard it can it be? here are some examples:
    ZAGG InvisibleShield Maximum Protection Screen Scratch Guard for BlackBerry Torch 9800: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

or

ZAGG Invisible Shield Full Body Screen Protector Scratch Guard for BlackBerry Torch 9800: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics
    It's a pain. I have the full-body one and it was harder to put on my phone than any other screen protector I've used on any other device I've used. Still worth it of course.
    04-16-11 11:46 AM
    Seidio innocase surface is an amazing case

04-16-11 12:14 PM
    I just ordered the AGF GRT off ebay for $11 (free shipping). I figure for that price I can give it a test run and if I don't like it, heck, it was only $11! (lol)

04-16-11 12:38 PM
    I use the ZAGG invisibleSHIELD + the AGF GRT case. Brilliant, and protected!

04-16-11 04:38 PM
    It's a pain. I have the full-body one and it was harder to put on my phone than any other screen protector I've used on any other device I've used. Still worth it of course.
    So you recommend the Full Body one?
    04-16-11 07:53 PM
    otterbox is the best
    04-16-11 07:58 PM
    otterbox is the best
    I've heard some terrible reviews about the Otterbox, saying it's not up to it's normal standards etc. Also, i was looking at the Seidio Innocase but can't seem to get it on the UK Amazon website...what happens if i buy it off US one, for e.g. Right now, if i'm honest, then i'm really looking at the Full Body InivisbleShield, but maybe another case such as AGF GRT or Seidio, with just the InvisibleShield screen protector on. Really still unsure what to do!
    04-17-11 06:42 AM
    I too have also heard not-so-good things about the ottorbox. The slider system on the torch really seems to be a challenge for the hard case manufactures out there.

regarding the full body invisible shield vs a hard case decision, that should be an easy decision. What kind of protection do you want ? What is your greatest concern? Protection from dropping and scratches or just from scratches?

With regards to screen protection alone, I reiterate, GO COMMANDO!
    Last edited by mataleao; 04-17-11 at 08:21 AM.
    04-17-11 08:18 AM
    I too have also heard not-so-good things about the ottorbox. The slider system on the torch really seems to be a challenge for the hard case manufactures out there.

regarding the full body invisible shield vs a hard case decision, that should be an easy decision. What kind of protection do you want ? What is your greatest concern? Protection from dropping and scratches or just from scratches?

With regards to screen protection alone, I reiterate, GO COMMANDO!
    From dropping and scratching, to be honest
    04-17-11 04:53 PM
    From dropping and scratching, to be honest
    Then protective case it is! No IS!
    04-17-11 05:19 PM
    Then protective case it is! No IS!
    But which protective case to get then?! Seidio Innocase? I have no idea which oneee
    04-17-11 05:27 PM
    Basically, the main question is... Get a Seidio Innocase or a ARF GRT... Cause those are the top 2 cases right?

04-17-11 06:31 PM
    Yup.

As I stated in an earlier post, I recently ordered the agf grt for myself, as it seems to be the current #1 choice for Torch cases. And I wouldn't worry about the glass. With reasonable care, your glass will be fine. But if you must, get the invisible shield (zagg).
    04-17-11 07:08 PM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD