Does anyone know where you can access technical product documentation that would reveal such things as: Whether the Torch supports CalDAV, LDAP, as well as the versions of what it does support?

It looks like Blackberry is making certain that such documentation does not leak out. That makes it rather difficult to figure out what you will actually be able to do with the device.

The documentation that Blackberry does provide is useless. I don't need to know how to add an email account. I need to know what it can do and what it cannot do, which I can't find out without real technical product OS specifications.

I hope someone knows where to get this stuff from.
    11-03-10 06:16 PM
    LDAP is supported via BES....
    CalDAV is not yet supported to my knowledge

Configuring the LDAP information for the BlackBerry Administration Service
    11-03-10 06:33 PM
    Thanks Fubaz. Am I to assume that means BES supports LDAP and will sync with the Blackberry device, but the Blackberry device itself does not support LDAP?

It sounds as though I cannot use any of our current LDAP servers without implementing BES internally. It almost sounds like I can't do much at all without going through an intermediary like a BES or a Blackberry service.

That basically reduces my questions from "what can the Blackberry device do" to "what can the BES (that I will have to implement and support) do". Am I seeing this correctly?
    11-03-10 06:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD