Hey everyone,

It seems that when I try to watch youtube videos on my Torch, it sometimes works and other times says that it was unable to get the web address link...does anyone know anything about this or is having the same issue...I use the icon app that was preinstalled on the Torch.

Thanks
    10-12-10 08:46 PM
    Have you tried m.youtub.com ??
    10-12-10 09:03 PM
    Hey everyone,

It seems that when I try to watch youtube videos on my Torch, it sometimes works and other times says that it was unable to get the web address link...does anyone know anything about this or is having the same issue...I use the icon app that was preinstalled on the Torch.

Thanks
    I am getting a problem that it starts to play the video and then seconds into the video it gives me a media not supported error and the video goes black.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-12-10 09:05 PM
    This may be a problem isolated to the Torch , not sure, but have you tried the "Player for YouTube" app? It made a world of difference on my Tour.
    10-12-10 09:09 PM
    Whenever Youtube acts up on me, I clear my browser history and cache between videos, and I have no problems.

10-12-10 09:14 PM
    Have you tried m.youtub.com ??
    That's the site that the app sends you to.
    10-12-10 09:14 PM
    It seems to be a rogers problem. I am on rogers and had the same problem. I've posted this solution 4 times today. resend service books and it should solve the problem. if not resend service books and do a battery pull. It will fix it.
    10-12-10 09:31 PM
    I found this on one of the CB threads and it worked for me, since I was having the same problem trying to watch videos on youtube from the device pre-installed Youtube Icon.

so here's the fix:

Options/device/Advanced System settings/Host Routing Table/menu key/ Register now.

it should send you an email saying that you are now registered with Blackberry, and your videos should begin playing on youtube.

Hope this helps
    10-12-10 10:46 PM
    I've been getting "An error has occurred attempting to play media." for the past few days. I never tried playing a video on Youtube before, and the first time I tried this was the message I got. I've tried everything and still haven't found a solution (including those suggested in this thread). It's not a big deal since I rarely watch videos anyway, but it's annoying.
    10-12-10 10:57 PM
    Seems to be an issue that rogers was having. I couldn't get on any site a couple of times yesterday.
    10-13-10 02:00 AM
    I found this on one of the CB threads and it worked for me, since I was having the same problem trying to watch videos on youtube from the device pre-installed Youtube Icon.

so here's the fix:

Options/device/Advanced System settings/Host Routing Table/menu key/ Register now.

it should send you an email saying that you are now registered with Blackberry, and your videos should begin playing on youtube.

Hope this helps
    Thanks for the tip...I tried it and tried playing the same video from yesterday and it worked fine and fast...

Cheers
    10-13-10 02:06 PM
    I've been getting "An error has occurred attempting to play media." for the past few days. I never tried playing a video on Youtube before, and the first time I tried this was the message I got. I've tried everything and still haven't found a solution (including those suggested in this thread). It's not a big deal since I rarely watch videos anyway, but it's annoying.
    I tried this fix from ItsCrack and it worked...give it a try...

"so here's the fix:

it should send you an email saying that you are now registered with Blackberry, and your videos should begin playing on youtube."
    10-13-10 02:07 PM

so here's the fix:

Hope this helps

i shall let my girlfriend know about this she has a 9700 and youtube tends not to work as well
    10-13-10 04:10 PM
    I tried this fix from ItsCrack and it worked...give it a try...

"so here's the fix:

it should send you an email saying that you are now registered with Blackberry, and your videos should begin playing on youtube."
    Thanks. I did mention in my post that I tried it and it didn't work.
    10-13-10 07:30 PM
    Didnt work for me either... trying a battery pull AGAIN
    10-14-10 01:24 PM
    my bad...it didn't work for me either, even if I would re-do it...I sent the services books today, so far its working, we'll see how long that lasts...hopefully it works, but if it doesn't then I'll have to download the player for youtube app
    10-14-10 03:21 PM
    How do I resend the service books? I am on rogers and youtube works if I am on WiFi but doesn't if I am trying youtube over 3g.
    10-14-10 08:36 PM
    How do I resend the service books? I am on rogers and youtube works if I am on WiFi but doesn't if I am trying youtube over 3g.
    You need to login into your BIS account (if you don't have one then you need to create one) on www.rogers.ca/bis and if you go to the help tab on the left, it will give you the Send Service Books option.

10-15-10 12:46 AM
    Advise fixed the problem. Thanks!

10-16-10 01:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD