This phone so far has been a big headache for me.

1. my text messages stopped working yesterday, i can't even access or send texts. i get error message that says "uncaught exception: java.lang. IndexOut OfBoundsException. called tech support and took to ATT store-- they told me to restore it w/ desktop software which I did and didn't work-- do i need a new phone?

2. when in car and phone attached to car charger, speaker phone will randomly turn on and off without me wanting it on.

any info on these?
    thanks
    12-13-10 11:46 AM
    No idea on this issue. Have you tried an actual physical battery pull?

You said you already reinstalled your OS via DM. Have you tried without a backup? or using app loader as opposed to using DM? Shouldn't matter which way you reinstalled, but the backup might be causing an issue as it might carry over the problem.

I would try loading the OS again via app loader with only a selective backup of your address book.
    12-13-10 11:51 AM
    yes did battery pull. at this point i"m thinking I got a lemon phone and will probably get a new one but it's a pain to keep going to ATT store.-- any thing on speakerphone turning on/off when attached to car charger?
    12-13-10 11:58 AM
    Fortunately, I have never had your issues. Is the phone running 6.0.0.246? Most likely it is since you got it from ATT. Probably a defective phone that a simple exchange will fix.
    12-13-10 12:03 PM
    There's a couple posts about the ear speaker randomly turning off when connected to a charger, but nothing on the car charger. I don't think it would matter unless of course the car charger has a circuit in it that tells the phone its connected to a car charger? Would make some sense anyways.
    I don't have a car charger so I really can't say, but I'm sure someone will chime in that has one.
    12-13-10 12:04 PM
    Have you tried going to the latest released OS? .337
    12-13-10 12:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD