Hi, I could really use some help. Please tell me what I am doing differently. I installed the latest AT&T v6.0.0.526 official update to my phone, but I do not like how the icons increased size or how slow/chappy the OS is when switching between homescreen panels.

So I want to go back to the .448 OS. I've downloaded and installed it, and deleted the Vendor file. But the problem is, I open up App Loader and the modules of the OS about to be installed are still .526!

How do I change what the App Loader uploads?

Thanks!
    04-18-11 09:17 AM
    Completely uninstall .526 from your computer.

Sorry if I misunderstood what you meant.
    04-18-11 09:22 AM
    If you upgraded through Desktop Manager, did you delete the old OS?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-18-11 09:22 AM
    so far, i'm not that thrilled with it myself.
    since the "upgrade" yesterday, it's been a constant cycle of thinking/rebooting (which now takes 7-8 minutes)

is anyone else experiencing this or do i have a bad download/phone mixture?
    04-18-11 09:27 AM
    have you done at least a couple battery pulls? Always a good idea when installing a new OS is to install, set it up, pull the battery, wait 30 seconds reinstall the battery, let it boot up, then pull it again. Do this 3 or 4 times for the OS to "settle in". Should clear up most issues your having with it being slow and constantly thinking.

I ran 526 since it was leaked weeks ago with none of the issues you guys are having.

To the OP, go to your control panel and delete the .526 from the add/remove programs options. FYI, when you run loader.exe to downgrade it should ask if you want to downgrade after doing a system read and before giving you the options to install.
    04-18-11 09:31 AM
    I agree, pulling the battery at least 3 times is recommended when installing any OS. It will alleviate the problems.
    04-18-11 10:22 AM
    I think you need to do a couple or lime me 5 battery pulls and it will work .526 its a really good OS I have it since it was leaked.

04-18-11 10:38 AM
    After OS is installed, I setup all my logins and get my icons rearranged. Do a batt pull. Then I test Youtube, Bell TV, music player and pic/video. Then I do a another batt pull. Lastly, I try to get as many as apps in use and check Meterberry for usage, mem leaks etc. I will check for an hour or so. One more batt pull, and recharge batt if ness. After that everything usually runs pretty smooth and then I start looking for bugs and fixes
    04-18-11 03:24 PM
    I'm going to try the "settling in" method for a few hours. Though it doesnt exactly make sense to me that keeping the battery out for 30 mins would be any different than 5.
    Thanks guys

If that doesn't work, how do I remove the previous OS from my comp? Just delete that whole folder and install the OS that I desire?
    04-18-11 04:48 PM
    have you done at least a couple battery pulls? Always a good idea when installing a new OS is to install, set it up, pull the battery, wait 30 seconds reinstall the battery, let it boot up, then pull it again. Do this 3 or 4 times for the OS to "settle in". Should clear up most issues your having with it being slow and constantly thinking.

I ran 526 since it was leaked weeks ago with none of the issues you guys are having.

To the OP, go to your control panel and delete the .526 from the add/remove programs options. FYI, when you run loader.exe to downgrade it should ask if you want to downgrade after doing a system read and before giving you the options to install.
    I'm going to try the "settling in" method for a few hours. Though it doesnt exactly make sense to me that keeping the battery out for 30 mins would be any different than 5.
    Thanks guys

If that doesn't work, how do I remove the previous OS from my comp? Just delete that whole folder and install the OS that I desire?
    I believe he said "30 seconds" not "30 mins".
    04-18-11 04:53 PM
    lol i'm stupid. still, the panes on the homescreen slide with a great amount of choppyness.
    How do I delete the OS from my computer?
    04-18-11 07:11 PM
    start button
    control panel
    programs
    uninstall a program
    click on OS
    walaaaaa!!!!
    04-18-11 07:18 PM
    My noob is showing.. Well thanks, your collective help has helped me escape the dreaded "update" that AT&T released. I really don't understand how the OS an please so many people, yet still cause major problems for everyone else.. Pressing the End button to go to the "All" Panel takes up to a half a minute to respond...
    04-19-11 01:38 AM
    After my second battery pull, the boot time went from 2 minutes to about 30 seconds.

I think apps running in the background could cause the problems or too many apps in general. This is my first time upgrading my OS, and I haven't experienced anything majorly disappointing.

04-19-11 04:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD