Hey guys,
    As you can tell I don't post too often but I am having quite a few issues. Some have been presented already in the forum and I think I may need to get AT&T to replace my phone. What do you think?
    First off I have a question that I cannot seem to find anywhere. I have several ringtones and when you go into the media and listen to it, the quality is great. However when I set it as a ringtone in the profiles, or when someone calls, the ringtone sounds horrible! It is very distorted and it is highly irritating. Has anyone else experience this? Is it just a Blackberry software issue? Can I disable the degrading of the sound?
    Some other quick issues is that my trackpad will randomly start scrolling to the left really fast and it makes it impossible to use the phone. However, I went back to the store to tell them and the worker didn't know anything about the torch and OF COURSE! it would not do it again. But it still does it from time to time and there has yet to be a pattern.

Okay there are a few more glitches but I think I will leave them be. I have loved all my previous blackberrys and I really like the torch but all these problems are getting to me. Does anyone have any ideas?
    11-26-10 05:32 PM
    It sounds like a faulty phone to me- I say this only because it sounds like a similar issue I encountered back in the era of the 8300; my boyfriend lost two of these phones to what sounds to me like the same issue- there were no trackpads back then, but the phone would flip screens in lightning-fast mode, and start scrolling and typing random letters in sms on its own. We were never able to find a solution and had to replace the phone(s).
    11-26-10 05:39 PM
    1. Do you have 'Audio Boost' enabled in Media options?
    2. This person has a similar 'tracking' problem...http://forums.crackberry.com/f209/tr...s-self-541559/
    and another ...http://forums.crackberry.com/f209/my...d-dark-556384/
    11-26-10 05:42 PM
    1. Do you have 'Audio Boost' enabled in Media options?
    2. This person has a similar 'tracking' problem...http://forums.crackberry.com/f209/tr...s-self-541559/
    and another ...http://forums.crackberry.com/f209/my...d-dark-556384/

That second forum I did not see and actually that may be the reason! I notice that it does it more in the night time but I thought that it was because maybe the phone was just had more glitches from all day use.

And No I do not have audio boost enabled and I tried playing around with the Music EQ but that deals with a headset. So you dont experience this?
    11-26-10 05:55 PM
    You might have the volume up too high. The trackpad issue might be something you could fix with a software wipe and re-load. Try it first, then, if nothing works, of course you should switch it out! Why not?
    11-26-10 06:09 PM
    Seems just to be a faulty phone for the trackpad mishap. The ringtone may just be too loud try going into the sound profile and turning down the volume.
    11-26-10 06:17 PM
    I have tried turning down the volume within the profiles but it still doesn't sound right. Also I can turn the ringtone up really loud while inside the media folder and it does distort the file like it does when setting as a ringtone.
    11-26-10 06:26 PM
    have you tried to find another copy of the ringtone. Maybe the audio file for the ringtone is just poor quality to begin with.
    11-26-10 06:29 PM
    Well that is the thing, all my ringtones do the same thing and like I said they sound great on the computer and confusingly even on the phone itself when I listen to it through the media section of the phone.
    11-26-10 07:02 PM
    Last possibility is a software issue, mine sound fine in media and as a ringtone.
    11-26-10 09:16 PM
    Thats one of the issues that i had before my Torch died on me. Waiting for my replacement.
    11-26-10 09:24 PM
    Well I tested the trackpad by going into a dark room and I noticed that it starts going to the left after using the trackpad and sliding the phone open. So I will probably be taking it back tomorrow to AT&T. Hopefully it will also fix my problems with the ringtones. Thanks everyone for your help.
    11-27-10 02:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD