Hi guys, I've been having this issue ever since upgrading to .246 and now .337. My webkit browser is REALLY darn slow. Had no issues while using the stock OS6 that came with my Torch, but ever since upgrading. its been slow. I've wiped and re-installed .337 but to no avail. I don't think its a problem with my carrier, I've downloaded Opera Mini and Bolt, and they both load blazing fast! I try to load the same webpages on the native webkit browser, and it usually gets stuck at "Requesting", or it times out and asks me to check my connections. When it does load, it takes around 4-5 mins just for 1 page to load. Tried it on wifi and 3G, both same results.

Anyone else has the same problem? Can't find anything on the internet to solve it, or anyone experiencing the same thing.
    11-24-10 07:37 AM
    Noone having the same problems? Or have any idea whats going on?
    11-25-10 04:52 AM
    I haven't had this problem on my 9800 but when I had this problem on my 9000 I would clear the cache and history and pull the battery. Give it a try and see if that helps, can't hurt.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Iatemyshorts likes this.
    11-25-10 07:51 AM
    I haven't had this problem on my 9800 but when I had this problem on my 9000 I would clear the cache and history and pull the battery. Give it a try and see if that helps, can't hurt.

Tried what you suggested, still a no-go.
    11-25-10 08:25 AM
    I definitely don't have this problem! In fact, when I upgraded to OS 6.0.0.337, the WebKit Browser seems to load and render pages faster than previous OS builds. Also, if you search the thread about this particular OS, you'll find that a lot of people mentioned how much faster the WebKit Browser appears to be!

I guess what I'm getting at is, if you've done EVERYTHING you think you could do to correct the issue than maybe you might wanna think about exchanging it for another one...

Also, another thing you might try doing is resending your service books. I know that tends to help with random problems from time to time

Posted using my CrackBerry Torch at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Iatemyshorts likes this.
    11-25-10 01:47 PM
    I definitely don't have this problem! In fact, when I upgraded to OS 6.0.0.337, the WebKit Browser seems to load and render pages faster than previous OS builds. Also, if you search the thread about this particular OS, you'll find that a lot of people mentioned how much faster the WebKit Browser appears to be!

I guess what I'm getting at is, if you've done EVERYTHING you think you could do to correct the issue than maybe you might wanna think about exchanging it for another one...

Also, another thing you might try doing is resending your service books. I know that tends to help with random problems from time to time

Posted using my CrackBerry Torch at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Yea I've seen lots of people saying that the browser is much faster on the 337, that was one reason I upgraded it from 246, hoping it would fix the issue, but sadly it didn't. Tried resending service books a few times, still doesn't seem to help. Thanks for your suggestions though.
    11-26-10 11:09 AM
    go to service books, delete "blackberry internet browsing service 2" (emphatic on the NUMBER "2," coz if you delete the other one, your browser MIGHT not work anymore). take note, you have to erase this everytime you reboot phone (yes, it appears magically again after reboot).

i happen to discover this by myself coz no one here helped me out heheheh all good, i still love CB and the CB ppl here
    Iatemyshorts likes this.
    11-26-10 10:40 PM
    Why is there a need to delete service books? And how does that speed things up? Hm.

OP- make sure you do many battery pulls after an OS update. I try and do around 6-7 before going at my device normally. Allow a full reboot each time.

Iatemyshorts likes this.
    11-27-10 12:47 AM
    OMG ITS FIXED! I don't know what really did it, but i deleted the "blackberry internet browsing service 2" as sugegsted, and did a few battery pulls, making sure to wait at least 30 secs before putting the battery back in, and it worked! Now even after doing the battery pull a few more times without deleting the service book, the webkit browser is blazing fast! thanks guys!
    11-27-10 06:37 AM
    Always do a few(I tend to do at the very least 3)battery pulls when installing a new OS. Most things that are wrong with a new OS install are solved with a few BP's. Deleting your service books wont accomplish anything but to have the same exact service book repushed to your phone on startup.
    11-27-10 06:41 AM
    Always do a few(I tend to do at the very least 3)battery pulls when installing a new OS. Most things that are wrong with a new OS install are solved with a few BP's. Deleting your service books wont accomplish anything but to have the same exact service book repushed to your phone on startup.
    That is the saddest thing I've ever read. At least 5 min. per battery pull (at least 3 pulls)? What a waste of time.
    11-27-10 07:01 AM
    I did a few pulls after I installed 337 a couple of weeks ago, and have been doing so every other day, but it didn't seem to help until yesterday. I don't know why either =/
    11-27-10 07:35 AM
    I did a few pulls after I installed 337 a couple of weeks ago, and have been doing so every other day, but it didn't seem to help until yesterday. I don't know why either =/
    Yeah it's slightly odd. I've noticed this with other people in other threads as well.

"I've pulled my battery a couple times already", "Did another pull and it worked this time".

I have no explanation for it, other then perhaps people are pulling and not waiting at least 30 seconds before putting it back in?
    11-27-10 07:44 AM
    I have no explanation for it, other then perhaps people are pulling and not waiting at least 30 seconds before putting it back in?
    Yea, that's it.
    11-27-10 07:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD