Hey guys! I've recently been asked if I was having trouble with them whenever we have a longer texting conversation going on. However, I hadn't experienced it but now I have. Whenever the text is long (maybe 75-100 texts in the convo) and you open it up it doesn't go to the last message. Does anyone know why this happens?
    09-15-10 06:40 PM
    It is a bug. Only RIM can fix it. As a workaround, go into txt options and check the box for combine sequential messages. It may not fix your current messages but I always enable this and have not had any issues. When I first heard of this issue, I hammerred the network with about 70 messages of about 40 characters each via the resend feature between 2 9800s (70 in each direction as fast as the phones would let me). I never was able to create a failure.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-15-10 07:13 PM
    If you go into the Beta OS Forum and check out the talks on .214 and .225 you will see this has been an ongoing discussion.

As far as we can tell it is an ongoing bug that will be fixed hopefully soon. Some of my text messages are huge and its getting annoying having to scroll down for certain people, lol!
    09-15-10 07:14 PM
    LOL. I did the search feature, but guess that didn't work! lol. SOrry. and thanks
    09-15-10 10:31 PM
    I really wish there was a way to Copy loonng messages with 2 or more answers being a separate reply, and also I wish there was a way for the phone to repeat the conversation instead of typing it again all over. I was able to do that with my Motorola Karma. I type in one loooong message, and if my friends did not get it I was able to type a few repetitive words until the phone was able to pick up on the rest of the original message to send. I have checked the sequential messages box hoping I could copy a loooooooooong text conversation from separate replies, did not work. Hope they create some kind of solution for this.
    09-16-10 08:14 PM
    Someone else posted this and it works for me. Using the trackpad, when you first get in the message, slide your finger up then immediately down and it will take you to the bottom. Try it now. Go to any long message and put yourself several pages up, then use the up/down motion and you should be at the bottom of the conversation.
    09-16-10 08:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD