My wife just threw her new Torch at me after hours of trying to fix her e-mail problem. The Torch has been a problem since we got it, new technology whatever.....
    The problem is when she is on the road and she deletes an email, using the delete from device and computer icon, it doesn't seem to come off of the computer. This causes her double work when she gets on the computer only to find all of the emails still on there. Likewise when she deletes off of her computer it stays on the phone.. what is the fix here, how do I get her up and running so that she will embrace her phone and be happy again?
    11-14-10 02:23 PM
    Are you using Blackberry Internet Service (BIS) where you setup you email accounts through the phone or internet via PC...or are you on a Blackberry Enterprise Server (BES)?
    When you say it doesn't delete the corresponding message on the computer, is that using an internet Webmail interface or email downloaded to an email program like MS Outlook?
    What type of email accounts are you trying to have wireless syncing with. Gmail, Yahoo etc.

More details would help us help you.
    11-14-10 02:38 PM
    If your using the bis service, go into the admin area where you setup the email account, click edit and there should be a box next to delete, tick this box and save this should then resolve your issues.

If your not using the bis service then Im sorry but i can't help you.
    11-14-10 02:44 PM
    we are using a mindspring email account. It is not a blackberry email account however when my wife was using her blackberry curve everything worked out correctly.
    11-14-10 02:47 PM
    Ah, try going to the BIS and resend the service book(s)
    or
    from your Torch go to Email Setup (and sign in) click the BBY app/menu button and select Service Books and click on 'Send Service Books'.
    11-14-10 02:55 PM
    what will service books do? is is an electronic manual or is it a program fix?
    11-14-10 03:03 PM
    "Service Books on your BlackBerry enable various services to be rendered to your BlackBerry, such as email configurations, the browser and attachment services."
    Her Curve would have had them too or the email would not have worked and most certainly would not have synced.
    I'm not promising this will resolve it but its a good place to start.
    Last edited by pmccartney; 11-14-10 at 03:10 PM.
    11-14-10 03:07 PM
    we will give it a try
    I'll let you know
    thanks
    11-14-10 08:50 PM

Setup > Email Accounts

Click the account and edit, scroll to the bottom and expand the synchronization options, then check the delete box. Should solve your problem if sending the service books doesn't.
    11-14-10 08:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD