I got my Torch back in October. Its been great since day 1. (except for a loose slider which I exchanged during my initial 30 days)

I noticed a couple days ago that my red end button and back button were not responding. I did a battery pull and problem went away.
    Yesterday it happened again but worse, this time the end button, back button and many of the keys on the slide out keyboard were not working. I did a few battery pulls and there was no improvement. The only thing that I did different before this happened was I installed Google mobile app. I deleted it knowing that it probably wouldnt help but I figured I would try anything to get it to work. Still didnt work. I did another battery pull and left it out for about 20 minutes. Still no improvement. I decided to just wait till I got to my office today and call AT&T and ask for an exchange. But to my surprise, when I took my Torch off the charger this morning it was working perfectly. I dont know why this would make a difference. yesterday when the problem was happening I had about an 80% charge on my battery.

This bugs me. I am so careful with my torch. I have never even dropped it.

Has anyone experienced this?
    Any Ideas what would cause this?
    01-31-11 11:25 AM
    was it plugged to the charger when u experience it? i've experienced buttons freezing while charging once in a while
    01-31-11 12:47 PM
    was it plugged to the charger when u experience it? i've experienced buttons freezing while charging once in a while
    No. When this happened it wasn't charging. But when I went to bed last night I put it in the charging cradle and when I took it off this morning it was fine. The problem completely went away. I'm hoping it doesn't come back.
    I'm just really curious to learn what the cause might have been.
    01-31-11 01:56 PM
    For me it seems like software problem ( the OS becoming unstable ) rather than a hardware problem.
    In my opinion, u sholdn't worry too much if it doesn't happen frequently.
    ( how many times have we experienced the KBs and mice becoming unresponsive on our PC s )
    02-02-11 04:53 PM
    I just got a new Torch today. My phone button was not working properly. The green send button. They gave me another Torch. They said, "Yep, we've seen it." The new phone is working nicely.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-02-11 09:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD