Hello all,

Okay, the Blackberry button on my Torch stopped working. I returned to Best Buy this afternoon and received a replacement - thank you iBB insurance plan. I would like to install the programs that I had on my previous Torch but don't know how to do it. Has anyone done this before? If so, can you give a brother a hand?

Thanks.
    03-26-11 05:27 PM
    Did you back them up first before turning in the previous blackberry? And by backing up apps I don't mean doing a data backup from the desktop manager, as that doesn't backup 3rd party apps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-26-11 05:32 PM
    Re-download them from wherever you purchased them

03-26-11 05:41 PM
    If you got your apps from app world, they should show up on MyWorld when you click on that and sign in and refresh

03-26-11 07:54 PM
    If you got your apps from app world, they should show up on MyWorld when you click on that and sign in and refresh

same with mobihand (crackberry.com)
    03-26-11 09:12 PM
    @OP, for future reference, if you're not already aware --

BBSAK is a great tool (PC-based app) that allows you to back up and restore 3rd part apps to/from your BB. I use it whenever I'm updating the OS, just in case things get FUBAR'd. It would also work well in your case where you need to replace a device. Well, it would have worked well... hopefully you won't have to do that again any time soon.

But for now, as has been noted, most places you can purchase apps from keep records of your purchases and allow you to re-download and install. BB Appworld, MobiHand, and Handango is another one.

Good luck ...
    03-26-11 10:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD