I'm thinking of switching to a Torch but not too sure yet. I'm hearing that its not worth it but no specifics as to why they are saying that. My aunt said that her touchpad stopped working with her and she had to get hers sent out for repair.

I currently have a Tour and had the Storm 2 prior to it. The Tour was a replacement for a water damaged storm

But, yes, I'm looking into the pro's and con's and would like to hear back from owners of the Torch

TIA
    06-07-11 08:15 PM
    I love my Torch, but my honest opinion is, wait for the torch 2. The torch 2 will be way better under the hood.
    I have never had an issue with my touch screen not working, no screen wobble or other reported issues other than the occasional lag. I was too impatient to wait for the torch 2 but don't regret getting the first.
    I will be getting it as soon as it's released.
    06-07-11 08:21 PM
    Agreed!
    Nothing wrong with my Torch too! But if you could wait, maybe the Torch 2 would be good?
    06-07-11 09:15 PM
    Mee three. Since Torch released quite long time already and Torch 2 is looming around the corner its worth the wait. Nothing wrong with my Torch except a small gap between control button and screen. but enough to let in water i guess. But then I already glued it 'nice', 'precise' & thoroughly resulted in those Call/BB Button a bit stiff. Thats small matter, nothing to worry much.

Bottom line is wait for Torch2 if you are patience, you'll be amazed with all BlackBerry speciality, very very nice screen, high def, bigger and bolder memory & speedy processor so on and so forth. It worth the wait, seriously. And not to mention a revamped new OS
    06-07-11 09:41 PM
    Thanks for the responses. I'm not sure if I am patient enough to wait for the torch 2. My carrier really lags in getting the newest of phones, they just got the iphone 4 like 2 months ago and set up 4g network after its been up everywhere else lol.
    If they can get it at the same time as everyone else then I can wait but if not I guess I'll be going with this one
    06-08-11 12:49 AM
    My thoughts are as SmakBerry's, if you can wait get the torch2.
    I had the torch shortly after release in Canada, went to the bold 9780 for a while. Now back to the torch and couldn't be happier!
    Torch2 will be worth the wait
    06-08-11 01:04 AM
    so all this tak about being patient for the torch 2 has got me thinking... when is it even being released?
    06-25-11 08:07 AM
    so all this tak about being patient for the torch 2 has got me thinking... when is it even being released?
    Probably after the bold touch, which puts it on November~December, and that is if the carrier is up to date, otherwise place it on early 2012. Not worth the wait if the guy needs a phone now...

The torch is better than the tour in operating system and speed. So, you can't really compare them, they are a distinct generation of devices, if someone likes the tour over the torch, its because they are accustomed to it and works for them, but not because its actually better.
    Last edited by gbsn; 06-25-11 at 09:49 AM.
    06-25-11 08:26 AM
    Wait for torch 2. You are going to get torch and want to switch to torch 2 when that is out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-11 09:59 AM
    I just got a Torch, and I'm really starting to love it.

Considering BB's history of "delaying" on releasing products, I would consider doing what I did.

I have just over a year on my contract with Rogers. I bought an "Unlocked" Torch. If the Torch 2 is really released in the next few months I don't have that long a wait if I want to upgrade.

Something to consider, depending on your finances.

I don't think you'll be disappointed with the Torch. I'm not.
    06-26-11 09:42 AM
    With the faster hardware just around the corner, I'd suggest you wait it out. If you get a Torch now, you'll regret it once the new one comes.
    06-26-11 12:21 PM
    You will like the Torch form and device overall. If you want to have a device that will receive updates for a while and be a better use for newer apps and options, I would wait for the Torch 2.
    06-26-11 12:24 PM
    Agreed!
    Nothing wrong with my Torch too! But if you could wait, maybe the Torch 2 would be good?
    ^^^ This is the only reason the Torch wouldn't be worth it. And it's looking like a possibility that the Torch 2 could even drop before the 9900/9930.
    06-26-11 07:34 PM
    I would definitely wait for the Torch2 (or the Bold Touch/Monaco Touch)

Pros of Torch-type style:
    decent-size full touch screen
    full qwerty BB keyboard
    kinda like best of both worlds

Cons:
    There are devices with bigger touch screens (Monaco Touch)
    The phone is bulkier than the other devices

Honestly, if the Torch2 came to Verizon I would probably get it. But now I'm killing myself deciding whether to get the bold touch or the monaco touch. Its basically all going to come down to whether the Bold Touch's screen is big enough for me (had a Storm2 loved the big screen but couldn't deal with the reboots and slowness... have a Bold 9650 now, love the speed/OS6 and the keyboard, but really miss the big screen)
    06-26-11 07:38 PM
    Probably after the bold touch, which puts it on November~December, and that is if the carrier is up to date, otherwise place it on early 2012. Not worth the wait if the guy needs a phone now...

The torch is better than the tour in operating system and speed. So, you can't really compare them, they are a distinct generation of devices, if someone likes the tour over the torch, its because they are accustomed to it and works for them, but not because its actually better.
    I think your time table is way off. CX said it might drop on AT&T by early August if I remember correctly. I'm not sure where you are getting your dates from but it seems kind of extreme on the pessimistic side.
    06-26-11 07:55 PM
    ^Yup. Wasn't it also straight from RIM that all the new devices will release at the same time, or at least in an extremely close time-frame?
    06-27-11 12:24 AM
    I think your time table is way off. CX said it might drop on AT&T by early August if I remember correctly. I'm not sure where you are getting your dates from but it seems kind of extreme on the pessimistic side.
    Good chance is way off, but i still havent seen any official announcement by rim about that specific product. So yeah, anything is just a rumor unless proof is brought onto the table, which i will certainly take with a grain of salt. I just dont have the same faith as you do on this company and wont fill people with hopes of an early release.
    Last edited by gbsn; 06-27-11 at 01:33 AM.
    06-27-11 01:29 AM
    Good chance is way off, but i still havent seen any official announcement by rim about that specific product. So yeah, anything is just a rumor unless proof is brought onto the table, which i will certainly take with a grain of salt. I just dont have the same faith as you do on this company and wont fill people with hopes of an early release.
    X1.........RIM have to be without a doubt the worst Company for adhering to any "Timetables" . Hurry up and wait seems to be the corporate motto.

RIM is in trouble, people being laid off, shares down etc. being a Canadian Company we get a lot of news as to what is going on at RIM.

RIM are in the news constantly here so we Canadians probably have a little more info that those south of the Border, which of course to many Americans would be impossible to embrace, that the world does not revolve around them. ..............
    06-27-11 06:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD