For those of you in your 30 day window after purchasing a BlackBerry Torch from AT&T go into a store and at least get yourself a $100 back because of the recent drop to $99. You also have the option of paying the restocking fee and still getting about $70 if you would like to get your hands on the new White/Red Torches. I got me a white torch and am currently setting it back up and upgrading to .337
    11-07-10 02:35 PM
    I bought mine last Oct 30...I should go to ATT store and tell them what?

thanks
    11-07-10 02:43 PM
    I got mine on an upgrade so I paid $174.00 plus tax so I don't think I qualify for that.
    11-07-10 02:46 PM
    Tell them you want a price assurance rebate and bring your receipt or everything if you want to device swap
    11-07-10 02:54 PM
    I got mine on an upgrade so I paid $174.00 plus tax so I don't think I qualify for that.
    mine is (main line) upgrade too...but will try.
    11-07-10 03:23 PM
    I ordered mine on Tuesday thru customer service. Can I still ask for the price reassurance rebate? I don't care for a new phone just the lower price.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by jhaebre; 11-07-10 at 06:32 PM.
    11-07-10 05:49 PM
    Shouldnt have any issue man, call them up
    11-07-10 06:16 PM
    ordered mine online at 99$ now its free there wonder if i can get mine back i just ordered it on he 29th.

what do yall think?
    11-07-10 09:03 PM
    I was under the 30 day window. I went to AT&T got a new torch and a $108 Dollar refund. I am upgrading to .337 now.
    11-07-10 09:49 PM
    oh my god.... my 30 days just ended 5 days ago..... i spent 100 dollars extra........ i'm sure a lot of you are thinking that i'm just ******** about nothing, but 100 dollars is a lot of money in these times........ i can't believe this..........
    11-07-10 11:06 PM
    Price drop! Read that recently and thought "doh!" Got mine on release date so I guess since I was that person that HAD TO HAVE IT RIGHT NOW, I can't complain too much. Love this phone. It's nice to drop in price right before the holidays though.
    11-08-10 07:17 AM
    *Just to update*
    Just got the phone with customer service and although I purchased my device on last Tuesday I was not able to get the $100; however, I was able to get $40 credit to my account.
    11-08-10 08:14 AM
    I was under the 30 day window. I went to AT&T got a new torch and a $108 Dollar refund. I am upgrading to .337 now.
    Me too, exchanged my black torch for the white one yesterday and I also was credited $108. Only had my black torch two weeks and the price came down $100 dollars. I'm not complaining though this white torch is .....WOW! lol
    11-08-10 09:00 AM
    Did anyone buy the phone at the AT&T store for $200 on an upgrade with the new 2 year contract and take it back to trade in/get money back? I'm in that situation and wanting to go get some $ back. It was in the last 30 days. Would I be able to do it, or does the upgrade with the contract make this impossible?
    11-08-10 09:27 AM
    You'll be able to do it, but you'll have to pay the re-stocking fee ($35).
    11-08-10 09:29 AM
    Thanks for the heads-up. When I bought my phone last week at Best Buy, the Torch was advertised on AT&T's site for $199, and I paid $149. Best Buy has a price match guarantee, so I should (according to their website) get $55 back (110% of price difference).

I looked at the colors, and they are very cool, but I really think the charcoal is classy looking.

Now if I can get my Bold sold on eBay, I'll actually make a bit of money on the deal (um, except for the extra battery and other stuff that doesn't work with the Torch...).
    Last edited by Lexicat; 11-08-10 at 09:48 AM.
    11-08-10 09:45 AM
    Did anyone buy the phone at the AT&T store for $200 on an upgrade with the new 2 year contract and take it back to trade in/get money back? I'm in that situation and wanting to go get some $ back. It was in the last 30 days. Would I be able to do it, or does the upgrade with the contract make this impossible?
    I bought mine online from AT&T Wireless for $199 + tax. I exchanged that unit at an actual AT&T store and was not charged a restocking fee. The credit was for the difference in price (now $99). I originally bought the phone on Oct 22 so I'm well within my 30 day window. If I were you I'd just call a AT&T store near you and ask or **** just stop by.
    Last edited by blutricky; 11-08-10 at 09:48 AM.
    11-08-10 09:46 AM
    I had called Sunday to customer service and they lady didn't help me at all, not sure she understood what I was asking, but after reading this I called a few minutes ago to the store I bought it at and they credited me the difference!
    I would be so lost without the CrackBerry forums.
    11-08-10 11:43 AM
    I called ATT and they said I would have to go back to the store where I bought it and it's at the discretion of the dealer as to if a difference would be refunded. So, this afternoon, I will be heading to the ATT store where I bought the phone. Fingers crossed!! I paid 199.99 for it and I am within my 30 day window....
    11-08-10 12:10 PM
    I called ATT and they said I would have to go back to the store where I bought it and it's at the discretion of the dealer as to if a difference would be refunded. So, this afternoon, I will be heading to the ATT store where I bought the phone. Fingers crossed!! I paid 199.99 for it and I am within my 30 day window....
    Well they should have no problem with refunding your $, many of us have received a refund including myself so....if I can get a refund you should be able to do so as well. It would be bad business to allow some and not others a refund. I would be very surprised if they deny you.
    11-08-10 12:17 PM
    LAME!!! I just got back from Mid Atlantic Protel. At first, they flat out told me no, they would not refund or credit any money. They also told me that if I wanted to return the device and buy another, I would still be required to pay the same price as I did for the first one. Even though I am still within my 30 day window. And even though the current price is lower.

I told them that was lame and that other people were getting credits for the price difference and I didn't think the inconcistency was fair. A guy came out from the back and told the front guy to call customer support and "see what he could do". I waited a few minutes, he handed me my receipts back and said I would hear something in a couple days.

I'm not expecting to hear anything. Honestly, I think they are just trying to stall until my 30 days is up and then it's easier for them to refuse any credit.

Not the end of the world, but it still ticks me off....
    11-08-10 03:23 PM
    That's truly bad business, I would call everyday until they gave me a dedfinitive answer. They might need to witness the power of the "CRACKBERRY FORUM" LOL
    11-08-10 03:28 PM
    I went to the AT&T store and told them that I had bought the Torch on an upgrade. They were able to credit my account for the $100 difference. The associates were definitely understanding of the situation. It definitely seems like bad business if they don't want to help out their paying customers. Those red and white Torches were pretty sweet.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-08-10 04:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD