I know there are numerous problems with the 9800 and gmail.

I recently purchased a blackberry torch. I had an iphone before and all of my google emails seemed to sync with it just fine. I set up my email on my blackberry and all NEW emails sync to it. But my old ones do not. I can download the gmail app and they are on there but I want them to directly come to my messages app so that I am not double notified when I receive a new email and also so they are all in one box. I dont really like the gmail app anyways. WHy should I have to use it?!?

So...the problem is. No older email before the date i set up the torch is syncing. I have deleted the email log in and reset it. I have also checked on the dates and it says to sync my email forever. There are no filters or anything else applied. Either via the phone or via the BIS website. Suggestions? I am running blackberry 6.0

09-05-10 01:56 PM
    This is the way BES and Gmail BIS sync works. Only mail sent after you set it up will sync.
    09-05-10 04:06 PM
    so other than the gmail app, there is no way around this!? i cant go without getting my previous gmail. thats stupid.
    09-05-10 06:01 PM
    You can do it but it's slightly tedious . . . Just forward the mail to your-self again.
    09-26-10 03:03 AM
    Why would you want to sync years of email to an already anemic memory bank? LOL

.. but no, there's no way that I know of to download all of your existing emails to yer Torch. Hahah, I'd probably end up bricking my phone if I sync'd my 3gigs of gmails..

Edit: and the gMail app isn't "syncing" yer old emails, or moving them to yer device in any way.. only showing them to you as if you were on the mobile webpage.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-26-10 04:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD