Hi Users

I was hoping that people out there may be able to share their experience with the notification bar to see if it is indeed a bug that i am experiencing.

I am running the .337 Torch OS.

Basically i have my Hotmail as a seperate icon on my homescreen and i have chosen not to have these emails displayed in the main messages folder. The issue i am having is that when i recive a new email, i get a notifcation as expected but when i click on that notification i dont get the preview displayed on the today dropdown.

Whenever i recieve a text or FB notification i always get a preview of the message when i tap the notification.

If i choose to display my email back in the main message application, i then get my notification preview back.

Is this just by design? Or a bug? I have done more battery pulls and wipe /reinstalls just to be ensure nothing needed to click into place

Any feedback would be appreciated as i cant find anything on the search
    01-02-11 02:31 PM
    i think its an OS6 bug across the board. notifications show, but you cant click to get them in the notification tray. my tray also shows old text messages that have been deleted for days too.
    01-02-11 06:40 PM
    My notification bar will constantly display the same 2 FB messages that I've deleted multiple times.
    01-03-11 09:12 AM
    I use a third party theme just because of the notification bar bugs, among other things such as, the redundant "tabs" on the homescreen.
    01-03-11 09:16 AM
    Hi Users

I was hoping that people out there may be able to share their experience with the notification bar to see if it is indeed a bug that i am experiencing.

I am running the .337 Torch OS.

Basically i have my Hotmail as a seperate icon on my homescreen and i have chosen not to have these emails displayed in the main messages folder. The issue i am having is that when i recive a new email, i get a notifcation as expected but when i click on that notification i dont get the preview displayed on the today dropdown.

Whenever i recieve a text or FB notification i always get a preview of the message when i tap the notification.

If i choose to display my email back in the main message application, i then get my notification preview back.

Is this just by design? Or a bug? I have done more battery pulls and wipe /reinstalls just to be ensure nothing needed to click into place

Any feedback would be appreciated as i cant find anything on the search
    i think it's just because certain apps haven't been updated to display notification previews in the os6 notification bar
    01-03-11 09:23 AM
    IMO I wouldn't say its a bug. I stop the facebook app from sending notification to my main mailbox, nothing comes out of the drop down bar, only a Facebook icon showing that I have a new notification. Same goes to twitter. However if I were to allow sending of notification to my mailbox, it will show the preview of the facebook notification in the drop down menu. I would think that the drop down preview thing is for mainly calendar events and preview of new messages in the universal mailbox.
    01-03-11 09:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD