I have had this message several times that a program is trying to open a connection to a location inside the firewall and outside the firewall which is not allowed by your IT policy. As far as I can tell by going to Options>Security>Security Status Informations thers is no It policy. Someone help. I want to use Dropbox and I cant because of this.
    09-22-10 08:00 PM
    maybe try changing your application permisons.. im not sure as i dont have a torch or a 6.0 device
    09-22-10 08:19 PM
    If you do not have an IT policy, then an app that does not have "all" permissions is trying to do something and being denied. Look at the event log to see what is going on. You can save it to a file on your SD card the look at it on a PC to make things a little easier.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-22-10 08:20 PM
    I did notice the firewall was enabled and does have a red lock beside it. Could that have something to do with it? Also I have no idea what you mean by events log. I guess I am blonde...
    09-22-10 08:26 PM
    Hehehe. QL makes it easy to bring up the event log. There is a shortcut that I cannot think of atm to do it manually. Yes it can, try to disable the firewall all together.

09-22-10 08:55 PM
    I did try to disable the firewall and it wont let me that stupid lock is beside it.
    09-22-10 09:10 PM
    Some apps install an IT Policy. That may be what's happened in your case, assuming you do not have an employer-supplied phone on BES. You can remove an IT policy with this procedure: Removing an IT Policy from a BlackBerry phone.
    09-22-10 09:40 PM
    Wait now. Is this a personal device or a company owned device better yet is it a personally owned device you use to access corporate email? Do not remove the IT policy before answering my questions as doing so may be grounds for dismissal.

09-22-10 09:46 PM
    No it is not a company owned device it is a personal device. Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

09-22-10 10:24 PM
    Ok. That said as long as it is not a company owned device nor a perspnal device used for BES, use the proc above to remove any IT policy.

Also, what 3rd party apps do you have installed?

09-22-10 10:54 PM
    I have Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Dropbox, Fandango, Mr. Number, and Google Maps. But I followed the steps above and it is fixed. Thank You guys!
    09-23-10 02:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD